Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health (832 Views)

Truth And Lies About The Function Of The Kidney And Kidney Disease / Jesus Is The Way, The Truth And Life! / The Truth About Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health by meipsum1: 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Health by fijiano202(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
Honestly i only understood 2/3 of what u wrote cos am not in medical line but with my little knowledge as an administrator i solely back the doctors on the ongoing strike..Every organisation either medical,engineering,aviation is always head by a neutral person who stands as an administrator and hes always deputies by the most experience and highest rank in the field the organisation is based on..its really absurded for an hospital to be run or deputies by a nurse consultant when you have top doctors and surgeon available...the highest rank nurses can attain is chief matron of the hospital which can guarranty them a sit in decision makings or board meetings

3 Likes

Re: Health by meipsum1: 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
cool
Re: Health by fijiano202(m): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Presently the country is in a big mess,mr president is desperate for vote.dont be suprised if the auxillary nurses embark on strike for equality lol [quote author=meipsum1] God bless you for this. What you just said is what happens in the UK. After the CEO (who is an administrator and a neutral person) the next position is occupied by a medical Doctor. But in the UNITED STATES BOTH THE CEO AND MEDICAL DIRECTOR IS PUT TOGETHER AS ONE CALLED THE CHIEF MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND IT IS ALWAYS OCCUPIED BY A DOCTOR.Overthere in the US, the Nurses, Pharmacist e.t.c know there bound and they are not asking to occupy this position, they know it is the right of the Doctors and they are SATISFIED WITH performing their own role as required of them as a member of the health team but here in Nigeria the Nurses, Pharmacist, Lab Technicians e.t.c want to usurp international best practices, they also want to occupy this position in addition to some other ridiculous demands as stated earlier. And as you know that
Re: Health by pembisco(m): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2014
op is dull/ignorant/f00lish/bigot! Kip ranting, ur worst fear is abt to hapn. Poor man!
Re: Health by Morotov1(m): 7:56am On Jul 19, 2014
Clutching on dried straws.
A desperate cry for help from a Nigerian physician with filled with unspoken fears of the unknown.
Nigeria is heading to health sector revolution, so doctors should get in and go along with the process.
Re: Health by meipsum1: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Health by Morotov1(m): 10:31am On Jul 19, 2014
meipsum1: @both of you, I won't abuse you because we were taught manners in Medical school. We are not uncouth and ill-mannered as you people. I wouldn't have dignify you with a comment but I think you need to know what I'm about to say that is why I choose to comment. Listen attentively, every where in the world, QUALITY TRUMPS QUANTITY, though JOHESU members are many, the Government and the Nigerians know who is more important. When you people went on consecutive strikes, one of them was even close to a month, nobody bat an eyelid, not many people noticed however not up to a week that NMA'S STRIKE started, THE SENATE, THE HOUSE OF REPS AND EVEN THE FG HAVE BEEN RESTLESS, SEVERAL NEWSPAPER HEADLINES ON THE STRIKE, SEVERAL PLEA FOR IT TO END. That is QUALITY. If not that we know that our position is a privilege given by God and because we have a good conscience and do not want the patients to suffer unnecessarily for the indiscretion of the Government, we would have shut down emergency services as well. But thanks to God that the Consultants are attending to emergency cases and people that were already admitted before the strike started. So, I can CONFIDENTLY tell you to continue to daydream and fantasize about your so called revolution, it only exist as a figment of your imagination, WITH GOD ON OUR SIDE, I MAKE BOLD TO TELL YOU THAT WHAT YOU PEOPLE WANT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN THIS COUNTRY. THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL OVER POLITICS. AND LASTLY, I PROMISE TO NOT DIGNIFY ANY JOHESU MEMBER ON THIS THREAD WITH COMMENT AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. ADIOS.
You and I will continue to daydream and fantasise about Nigerian health sector. With all the rants, ramblings and long comments of self importance, government don't even care.......
So what the hell......dream on ......
Its better to agree to disagree. Adios too.
Re: Health by Samgreguc(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Health by Idyllic: 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Samgreguc: And this OP can lie
http://www.ncuh.nhs.uk/about-us/key-people/directors-profiles/ann-farrar.aspx

she is a CEO with MBA.
Did you read what the OP wrote before you comment? I bet you didn't, you just posted a premeditated comment which you have decided will be your reply to any thread supporting the Doctors. The OP didn't say that there are no CEOs in NHS Hospital. He said after the CEO, the next in rank to him/her is a medical Doctor and not a pharmacist, nurse or lab technicians as you people want it to be in Nigeria. So, the NHS also recognize the headship of a Doctor over all other health workers, that is why they usually give the next position after the CEOs to medical Doctors. Read before commenting and labelling somebody else a liar. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Health by Idyllic: 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
cool
Re: Health by Samgreguc(m): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idyllic: Did you read what the OP wrote before you comment? I bet you didn't, you just posted a premeditated comment which you have decided will be your reply to any thread supporting the Doctors. The OP didn't say that there are no CEOs in NHS Hospital. He said after the CEO, the next in rank to him/her is a medical Doctor and not a pharmacist, nurse or lab technicians as you people want it to be in Nigeria. So, the NHS also recognize the headship of a Doctor over all other health workers, that is why they usually give the next position after the CEOs to medical Doctors. Read before commenting and labelling somebody else a liar. Peace.
who is lieing?
The CEO is not merged with the CMD in the US and he said they are, isn't dat lie?
He said it usually a Physicians position, isn't dat lie?

The role of their CEOs is same as the role of our CMDs. . .So, dont dat tell u it jst a change of name?

And not to forget, thankGod he stated clearly that the highest position is occupied by a neutral person. Can u pls tell me the highest position in the hospital?
Re: Health by Samgreguc(m): 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idyllic: @MODs, move this thread to front page, it is very educative.
u mean deceptive?
Go through these links and then come back to tell me if he said the truth.
http://www.potchefstroomherald.co.za/articles/articledetails.aspx?id=16783
http://nashville.jobing.com/gonzales-healthcare-systems/ceo-penobscot-valley-hospital-in-lincoln-me
https://www.floridahospital.com/wesley-chapel/news/new-ceo-named-florida-hospital-wesley-chapel
Or are they nt in US?
Re: Health by Idyllic: 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Samgreguc:
who is lieing?
The CEO is not merged with the CMD in the US and he said they are, isn't dat lie?
He said it usually a Physicians position, isn't dat lie?

The role of their CEOs is same as the role of our CMDs. . .So, dont dat tell u it jst a change of name?

And not to forget, thankGod he stated clearly that the highest position is occupied by a neutral person. Can u pls tell me the highest position in the hospital?
Pls take time to read what the OP wrote gently, though it is a long post and try to absorb what he is saying. He was contrasting the type of system they have in UK with the one they have in US. And he was trying to say that the Government should implement anyone they want out of the two, because the two system obviously favour the Doctors. Don't get it muddled up. The two system favours the Doctor because in the case where the CEO is a neutral person, the next position after the CEO is given to a Medical Doctor and in the case where the highest position is given to a medical personnel, that medical personnel is a Doctor. Even in W.H.O, the head is a medical Doctor. No where in the world is a paramedic place above a Doctor except in the US military where the health worker with the highest military rank is considered instead of considering their profession. Hope you now understand.

2 Likes

Re: Health by Idyllic: 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
Samgreguc:
u mean deceptive?
Go through these links and then come back to tell me if he said the truth.
http://www.potchefstroomherald.co.za/articles/articledetails.aspx?id=16783
http://nashville.jobing.com/gonzales-healthcare-systems/ceo-penobscot-valley-hospital-in-lincoln-me
https://www.floridahospital.com/wesley-chapel/news/new-ceo-named-florida-hospital-wesley-chapel
Or are they nt in US?
We are talking about teaching hospitals, you are talking about some mushroom hospitals. Even though, the system varies also in the US, international teaching hospitals of repute in the US have Doctors as their CMD. Let me give you two examples. 1. For Johns Hopkins- Dr. Paul B. Rothman, 2. For BIDMC(a teaching hospital of harvard medical school)- Dr Kevin Tabb M.D. I think I should behave like the OP because this argument is taking too much of my time. I'm sorry, but for the sake of time I will not be able to reply comments again. Let's just wait and see where this issue will end, as even our argument is not getting to the decision makers. Let's leave everything to Dr. Kayode Obembe and Mr Olumide Akintayo, I believe they would have done their research well in other to succinctly present their case before the FG. But above all try to read what the OP wrote WITHOUT BIAS, and digest it. TIME IS LIFE, I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MINE ON ARGUMENT.
Re: Health by Samgreguc(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
Idyllic: Pls take time to read what the OP wrote gently, though it is a long post and try to absorb what he is saying. He was contrasting the type of system they have in UK with the one they have in US. And he was trying to say that the Government should implement anyone they want out of the two, because the two system obviously favour the Doctors. Don't get it muddled up. The two system favours the Doctor because in the case where the CEO is a neutral person, the next position after the CEO is given to a Medical Doctor and in the case where the highest position is given to a medical personnel, that medical personnel is a Doctor. Even in W.H.O, the head is a medical Doctor. No where in the world is a paramedic place above a Doctor except in the US military where the health worker with the highest military rank is considered instead of considering their profession. Hope you now understand.
I asked u for who occupies the highest rank in the US and Nigeria and u are asking me to read what the Op said. Answer my question pls.
NOTE: I read b4 u asked me to without being bias.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 Put On Surveillance / Penis Enlargement Creams & Pills In Boksburg, Benoni, Brakpan +27631954519 / SELFIE; A Mental Disorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.