Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! (15929 Views)

Who Are The Fulani People And Their Origins? / The Ancient Town Of Awka: Fragments Of Its History, Traditions And Culture / Non-nigerians Pls Identify Urself Here. Let Us Into Ur Beliefs/cultures/traditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by elbashyr(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
HEADING OF THE TREND IS SUPPOSE TO BE 7 COMMON WEDDING TRADITION IN SOME PART OF THE WORLD, BECAUSE NONE OF THIS FALL IN AS A TRADITION IN THE PART I AM.
Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by tintingz(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee:

Okay, thanks. What is the significance?
It is just a thing of a legal marriage and union.

If you go through the wiki link you will understand better. smiley
Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by donwise1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
Just passing
Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by mifavour(f): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
Henrypraise: Payin heavy bride price: igbo

Compellin ur inlaws to lie down: yoruba

Flogging ur inlaw: fulani

Marrying 1 lady 3 tyms (traditional, court, church): Nigeria.
. Not all igbos thoughs... My hubby αη∂ my sisters hubby dem never regretted marrying from my village(Alor Anambra State).
Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by mifavour(f): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Eastern Nigeria, West Africa. grin grin
. Yorubas!!!!
Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by billcosby: 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
arvinsloane: Interesting

yes ooo
Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
kennygee: Please where did "jumping the broom" originate from and what is its significance? I see it in movies and I like it.
It originated from African slaves in America.
Re: 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! by iceberylin(m): 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
It means her own haff meet her.
#Funny,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Badmus A Yoruba Name? / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates Alafere, Oya & Ijugbe Festivals (Photos) / T.B Joshua Named 'Yoruba Man Of The Decade', Soyinka 'Yoruba Man Of The Year'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.