Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Fruitmania: Help Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fruitmania: Help Needed (1267 Views)

Help Needed Urgently! The Game Changing Mini Importation Discovery / Help Needed - Moving To Asaba Soon;what Business Could I Do There? / Help Needed On Car Wash Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fruitmania: Help Needed by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi. I'm thinking of starting a fruit outlet. From smoothie to coleslaw to fresh fruit juices. And maybe later I go into veggie platters. Whats the best location and how do I go about it?

Suggestions welcomed.
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Jasi7(m): 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
shoefreak: Hi. I'm thinking of starting a fruit outlet. From smoothie to coleslaw to fresh fruit juices. And maybe later I go into veggie platters. Whats the best location and how do I go about it?

Suggestions welcomed.

Try a school location...especially a tertiary institution..students wont mind tryin out ur stuff!
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
Oky. That's an idea. Thanks. It's all in the packaging
Jasi7:

Try a school location...especially a tertiary institution..students wont mind tryin out ur stuff!
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by newacca: 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
shoefreak: Hi. I'm thinking of starting a fruit outlet. From smoothie to coleslaw to fresh fruit juices. And maybe later I go into veggie platters. Whats the best location and how do I go about it?

Suggestions welcomed.
You've got a good idea and we share the same view. Take your time and do an intensive research,so that you can come up with a business plan. You need it.
The research include your market target: who are your customers in the industry( children, adult, elderly people, health conscious people)
Know where you customers are located. (Location is important)
Know the (big) players that are already in the market ( Competitors) Find out their strength and weakness.
Know your own advantage and how you will use it against your competitors.

In my opinion, the segment of the industry is still reserved ( not yet saturated)
I also have cool idea related to this and I hope to kick start it one day.
Juice it up Sis.
All the best.
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 19, 2014
Hmmm. So true!b thanks. Business plan ongoing. I know people tht wants to be vegetarian but don't know Wht it means or how to go about it. I appreciate this, thanks.
newacca:
You've got a good idea and we share the same view. Take your time and do an intensive research,so that you can come up with a business plan. You need it.
The research include your market target: who are your customers in the industry( children, adult, elderly people, health conscious people)
Know where you customers are located. (Location is important)
Know the (big) players that are already in the market ( Competitors) Find out their strength and weakness.
Know your own advantage and how you will use it against your competitors.

In my opinion, the segment of the industry is still reserved ( not yet saturated)
I also have cool idea related to this and I hope to kick start it one day.
Juice it up Sis.
All the best.
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 19, 2014
Round up a list of event planners and draw up a menu sample for big events like weddings.. .. That's a good way to start building a customer base.

1 Like

Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by newacca: 6:01am On Jul 19, 2014
shoefreak: Hmmm. So true!b thanks. Business plan ongoing. I know people tht wants to be vegetarian but don't know Wht it means or how to go about it. I appreciate this, thanks.
What is there statistic in the population of the area you intend doing ur business? You need to come up with the closest figure of the population of the people in the community u want to do biz at,then do ur research to know how many of them want to be vegetarians, how many of them really want ur products.
You may be surprised that they are not too many. Don't base ur conclusion on ur own opinion that people will like ur idea and they will buy ur product. Even if they like it, are they willing to pay? Do they have substitute product already satisfying their need? How do u make them accept ur own product ? These are d factors I mean when I said intensive research.

1 Like

Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
i think you should advertise on dealdey and offer 1 week d supply of juice/smoothies esp for those that want to go on a 1 week juice fast or however long you want the deal to last.

keep track of your clientele and their location. You should offer 1 week juice fast consisting of 2 or 3 75cl bottles of fresh juice per day. for a week, that would be 2 x 7 or 3 x 7 and you would do home delivery of the entire supply on the same day. Dunno if i'm clear enough.

then you could give them a price like 12k or what you think is fair, I dont know how much fresh juice goes for.

This is a splendid business idea, just modify quantities and prices to whatever is suitable. Great way to sample the market also

Thank me later
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
I can see myself sending you basket of fruits every week... grin and many more thank yous. Your head is there jor. Chai... u make sense no be only moinmoin wey get fish.

grin

Rawdeal: i think you should advertise on dealdey and offer 1 week d supply of juice/smoothies esp for those that want to go on a 1 week juice fast or however long you want the deal to last.

keep track of your clientele and their location. You should offer 1 week juice fast consisting of 2 or 3 75cl bottles of fresh juice per day. for a week, that would be 2 x 7 or 3 x 7 and you would do home delivery of the entire supply on the same day. Dunno if i'm clear enough.

then you could give them a price like 12k or what you think is fair, I dont know how much fresh juice goes for.

This is a splendid business idea, just modify quantities and prices to whatever is suitable. Great way to sample the market also

Thank me later
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Ademat7(m): 2:20am On Aug 01, 2014
Did u want to sell whole fruit like d normal fruit sellers we have around or you want to juice the fruit and sell their concentrate,if u want to sell whole "fruit seller association of nigeria" will want u to join their meeting which in my opinion cause biz delay
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2014
Hahahaha. I fit join sha. Be chairman in one month and begin chop dia money na. grin grin

Don't we have freedom of association again. I hve worked in the legal system long enough to know when to tie people with their own ropes.
Thanks very much ooo
Ademat7: Did u want to sell whole fruit like d normal fruit sellers we have around or you want to juice the fruit and sell their concentrate,if u want to sell whole "fruit seller association of nigeria" will want u to join their meeting which in my opinion cause biz delay

1 Like

Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by newacca: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
shoefreak: Hahahaha. I fit join sha. Be chairman in one month and begin chop dia money na. grin grin

Don't we have freedom of association again. I hve worked in the legal system long enough to know when to tie people with their own ropes.
Thanks very much ooo
smiley na so ooo my sister. This is exactly what I told one of my followers who I motivated to study fashion design and set-up her fashion business.
She talked about local tailor association and I told her that is why you are educated, and making your own fashion a corporate matter.
cheesy be smart!
Re: Fruitmania: Help Needed by chommyo: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
This biz idea has been on my mind and it's high time I worked on it. Pls mail me .
Chiomauboma1@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Using Cold Calling Method For Your Startup Business / Jumia's Daily Deal Is A Rip Off! - Look At This / POP Cement Supplier Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.