Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience (4267 Views)

Which Bank Has The Most Reliable Atm Machine? / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? / GTB Resumes Third-party Online Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by moski5(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi I have been reluctant to do online transfers with Gtb because they said I must have their token and didn't want to explain wat its all about. This is not to talk about their poor customer service but to find out from account holders not bank workers n marketers their experience in doing an online transfer. I want to start doing online transfers and I'd appreciate all the info you can Share.
Most Nairalanders Rock
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by pickabeau1: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Gtb
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by moski5(m): 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
pickabeau1: Gtb

tnx

could yu b more detailed pls ie did u use d totem? wats it all about? how's d security? or was it their app yu used? any challenges? thanks
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by eph12(m): 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
fbn
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by pickabeau1: 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
moski5:

tnx

could yu b more detailed pls ie did u use d totem? wats it all about? how's d security? or was it their app yu used? any challenges? thanks

Most financial institutions in or outside naija now use 2 factor authentication

You log in with a user id n password n then use token generated codes for transactions such as transfers n adding beneficiaries.

Its secure too with a randomized keyboard

Its internet based though I'm.aware there is a phone app..I'm not really comfortable with that as the phone can get missing or compromised

Internet is OK for me

No challenges

Gt connect is available 247 for any issues
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by mayorall(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
GTB is the best when you have token but limited to only GT account when using savings account., Access mobile is great, first bank is limited.

Infact Access bank is the best, they give superb service.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by pickabeau1: 10:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
mayorall: GTB is the best when you have token but limited to only GT account when using savings account., Access mobile is great, first bank is limited.

Infact Access bank is the best, they give superb service.

True..on Gtb...however
I hear say access fit charge dormant account grin
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by born2lead01: 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
GTB is still the best for online services.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by ayogabriel(m): 10:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
I think Diamond bank's platform is the most attractive, but for service I think they are great so far.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by gtswt(f): 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
Currently use Gtbank...... its great though don't know about other banks. Never tried any except Gtbank
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by eluquenson(m): 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
UBA still stands tall, the best & you can do a lot of things via Udirect.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by moski5(m): 3:36am On Jul 19, 2014
[quote author=pickabeau1]

Most financial institutions in or outside naija now use 2 factor authentication

You log in with a user id n password n then use token generated codes for transactions such as transfers n adding beneficiaries.

Its secure too with a randomized keyboard

Its internet based though I'm.aware there is a phone app..I'm not really comfortable with that as the phone can get missing or compromised

Internet is OK for me

No challenges

Gt connect is available 247 for any issues [quote]

really helpful thanks a lot

can transactions be done with a phone using the totem?
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by benebaby77: 5:48am On Jul 19, 2014
I will advise you to use GTB, because their service is very great...... Access bank is also good as Sir Mayorall has said earlier, but they have some hidden actions lying in their banking system. An instance is applying A's service, and they deliver you B's service.
Go for GTB, their service is very superb....
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by newacca: 6:03am On Jul 19, 2014
GTBank
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by toniro(m): 6:23am On Jul 19, 2014
Check out stanbic ibtc bank.. sweet secure speed.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by IRIENBOY(m): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2014
GTbank is the best,get the token,and start your tranction.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by Ogetogeo(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2014
Are u guys for real? GTB?
With their stupid limitations on savings account holders?
Gtb is the worst to me, why would I make a transfer to other banks and wait for hours or days before it reflect?
Other banks charge 105 naira and transfer is instant to other banks but Gtb charge 105 and 5.25 naira on each interbank transfer and u have to wait for hours if the transfer was make early morning working day, wait for 24hours if it was made late working day, then wait for days if it was made late Friday or weekends.

Access is very good option with their straight forward and good CC.
Then UBA stands tall amongst them, u don't even need a Token just an app on your phone and you are good to go.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by blym4real: 7:22am On Jul 19, 2014
Uba is still the best, with your umobile application you hava a bank on your phone. Udirect is also awesome.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by benebaby77: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2014
Ogetogeo: Are u guys for real? GTB?
With their stupid limitations on savings account holders?
Gtb is the worst to me, why would I make a transfer to other banks and wait for hours or days before it reflect?
Other banks charge 105 naira and transfer is instant to other banks but Gtb charge 105 and 5.25 naira on each interbank transfer and u have to wait for hours if the transfer was make early morning working day, wait for 24hours if it was made late working day, then wait for days if it was made late Friday or weekends.

Access is very good option with their straight forward and good CC.
Then UBA stands tall amongst them, u don't even need a Token just an app on your phone and you are good to go.
I will still choose GTB over and over again. Their token gives you protection against hackers, online theft, et al the #5.25 charges in additional to #105, is for VAT. Their service is very good to me, but they need to improve on their customer care.
But that of access bank, they have good customer care but there exists a moral hazard in their banking system. Imagine, I applied for Access Visa card, they issued me Verve without my consent. When I complained about it, they told me that I should apply for another Visa card for which I will be charged another fees.. They are useless for that, I must say.
With regard to UBA, I don't know about theirs.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by Ogetogeo(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2014
benebaby77:
I will still choose GTB over and over again. Their token gives you protection against hackers, online theft, et al the #5.25 charges in additional to #105, is for VAT. Their service is very good to me, but they need to improve on their customer care.
But that of access bank, they have good customer care but there exists a moral hazard in their banking system. Imagine, I applied for Access Visa card, they issued me Verve without my consent. When I complained about it, they told me that I should apply for another Visa card for which I will be charged another fees.. They are useless for that, I must say.
With regard to UBA, I don't know about theirs.

You mean only GTB charges the VAT right?
My issue is not even the VAT but the duration to complete a common interbank transfer, why charge more when you offer a snail like service?
Talking about token, Accessbank also uses a Token and its even cheaper to obtain than that of GTB.

GTB is just overated!

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by pickabeau1: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2014
moski5: really helpful thanks a lot

can transactions be done with a phone using the totem?

Kk..

I don't think its possible now..

Are u in or abroad

Gtb has two modes for interbank transfer

NEFT - takes 12 to 24 hours depending on time of transfer

Instant
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by Elbizzcklinz(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2014
oh .....u shouldn t be asking .....DIAMOND BANK has it all.... just download the app....register and set ur transfer limit via PBO ie customer care officers @ any branch,,,,,GUY U ARE GOOD TO ENJOY FAST TRANSFER
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by OCTAVO: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2014
I operate Gtbank and access bank online banking. Access bank is better and less complicated!

2 Likes

Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by OCTAVO: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
-
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by OCTAVO: 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ogetogeo:

My issue is not even the VAT but the duration to complete a common interbank transfer, why charge more when you offer a snail like service?
Talking about token, Accessbank also uses a Token and its even cheaper to obtain than that of GTB.

GTB is just overated!
Pls kindly tell me about Access bank's token, what is it for? Cos I can do any transaction without Access bank's token. Never knew they had a token.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by Ogetogeo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
OCTAVO:
Pls kindly tell me about Access bank's token, what is it for? Cos I can do any transaction without Access bank's token. Never knew they had a token.

You would need a token if you are using their normal internet banking but you won't need one while using the Mobile version on your phone.
I guess its access mobile you are using. Works like Umobile too. But for GTB whether on internet banking or on mobile app, you need your token.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by OCTAVO: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ogetogeo:

You would need a token if you are using their normal internet banking but you won't need one while using the Mobile version on your phone.
I guess its access mobile you are using. Works like Umobile too. But for GTB whether on internet banking or on mobile app, you need your token.
Yeah, you are right. I use Access mobile app.
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by moski5(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
OCTAVO: I operate Gtbank and access bank online banking. Access bank is better and less complicated!

I should stat heading for access bank then Thanks
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by moski5(m): 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
pickabeau1:

Kk..

I don't think its possible now..

Are u in or abroad

Gtb has two modes for interbank transfer

NEFT - takes 12 to 24 hours depending on time of transfer

Instant

I'm in the country I need another option than Gtb they've been pissing off for awhile now
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by moski5(m): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Elbizzcklinz: oh .....u shouldn t be asking .....DIAMOND BANK has it all.... just download the app....register and set ur transfer limit via PBO ie customer care officers @ any branch,,,,,GUY U ARE GOOD TO ENJOY FAST TRANSFER

thanks I'll pay em a visit too
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by pickabeau1: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
moski5:

I'm in the country I need another option than Gtb they've been pissing off for awhile now

OK..no p
Re: Which Bank Has The Best Online Transfer Service Pls Share Your Online Experience by SerPounce(m): 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ogetogeo:

GTB is just overated!

Bro, GTB offers instant transfers to other banks. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this here. Even for savings Account holders. It's accessible via their internet banking site and smart phone apps. They charge a VAT of N105.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Contact Of Jumbo Tissue Paper Manufacturers / Earn N6,000,000 Commission TODAY ; Buy Or Sell This Property / How Much Is The Current Price Of Groundnut In Your Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.