Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Mistake On Her Jamb Registration (advise Needed Please) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mistake On Her Jamb Registration (advise Needed Please) (1412 Views)

What I Saw When I Checked Her Jamb Result!! / Who Has Not Seen His/her Jamb Result? / When Will Her JAMB (UME) Results Be Released? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mistake On Her Jamb Registration (advise Needed Please) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
Please house I need your advice on this issue.
My younger sister wrote jamb this year (her 3rd jamb) and while filling the registration form, the guy in the business centre mistakenly misspelled her surname with one letter. She didn't notice the mistake until the registration was completed. She wrote the exam with the name and she passed, now she is getting ready for post utme. When she was about filling the post utme form in another business centre, she wanted to use her correct name but the guy said since that's the name she used for her jamb, she should continue with that same name for the post utme because jamb has already sent her details to the university with that name. Now my sis is scared because she doesn't know if the name will affect her admission. I talked to some of my friends and they told me that she should swear an afidavit in court stating her correct name or we should write a letter to jamb national headquarters to effect the change. I don't know what other option we have. Advice pls
Re: Mistake On Her Jamb Registration (advise Needed Please) by Omojuwagem(f): 9:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
She should go to jamb office and lodge d complain,she wil be told wat 2 do
Re: Mistake On Her Jamb Registration (advise Needed Please) by lawrenceunaa: 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
A letter is not too big to be a problem she might go ahead to use the one's she used in her jamb. btw this ur story is fabricated cos post ume registration need not ur name but ur jamb reg num other details is automatically provided from jamb's data base

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Cramming To Pass? / Free Educational Quiz Program (60,000naira To Be Shear Among Winners Each Month) / Admission Into Top Up Degree And Hnd Conversion Programme At Kwasu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.