Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo (1847 Views)

Peter Okoye Performs As "Mr P" In Abuja(PHOTOS) / Mr. Ibu Replies Amber Rose. / Uche Ogbodo Wore This To Mr Ibu's Mum's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by etunoman76(m): 12:40am On Jul 19, 2014
The President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Ibinabo Fiberesima, has fired back at comedy actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu, who recently said Ibinabo is not fit to lead the guild.

Mr. Ibu had reportedly queried what the executive of the Guild did with the money promised by President Jonathan and other state governments.

But reacting to the query, Ibinabo, in a telephone interview with Saturday Beats, said she didn’t go to collect money from the President “as Mr. Ibu is used to doing.”

“Which money is he talking about? That is why I said he is detached from the realities on ground. When we went to visit the President, there was no money promised to anybody. We didn’t go there to beg for money as Mr. Ibu is used to doing; we didn’t do that. They push you to the extent that you say things that you don’t want to. I’m not about money, for once they should stop and think, see what my team and I have achieved in two years.”

The ex-beauty queen said Okafor was not in a position to criticise her moves as he was not a member of the Guild.

“Replying Mr. Ibu would be trading intelligence with ignorance and I don’t think I have that time. I’m sure you have followed everything we have done and we have not hidden anything. Rather, we have been open about everything we have done, so if he attacks me the way he did, it clearly shows that he is completely detached from the reality, because he complained about things that we have achieved long ago, which shows that he is not part of the Guild,” she said.

Okafor had earlier in the month reportedly accused the incumbent president of trying to force herself on the Guild, saying most of the members of AGN do not want her for a second term.

In her reaction, she queried why Okafor refused to mention the names of the members whom he said were tired of her and that she wondered why he was just expressing his grievances towards their election.

Fiberesima said, “Mr. Ibu cannot vote for me, he does not have the power to do that. He cannot even run for office because he is not a member, and I was expecting to see the names of the members whom he referred to because I don’t know them, and I hope they are members of the Guild because we have actors who are not members.

“You should not because of your interest in a name feel you can come out and talk off point to become relevant. When people say people should have education, it is for this kind of reason so they will know how to speak in public.

“They think running to the press and running me down on Facebook and others will deter me. No. I was not brought up like that, I’m a very thorough breed. I will do what I have to do to get to where I am going. It is the love that I get from people whose lives I have touched that keeps me going, not those who don’t know where they are going, because every sentence they make is money, where is the money?”

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/saturday-beats/i-dont-beg-for-money-from-presidency-as-mr-ibu-does-ibinabo/

Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by Nastydroid(m): 12:46am On Jul 19, 2014
Brb
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by Airforce1(m): 12:50am On Jul 19, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by Chibuhealth(f): 1:09am On Jul 19, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahahah.....laugh wan kill me. This one na real gobe!. Agwa m nke a, ekpuru m pant na isi jee ogu
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by kendrick93(m): 1:09am On Jul 19, 2014
Aren't gat tym for dis murderer

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by McWhillion(m): 1:36am On Jul 19, 2014
I dont know why i kind of believe her hook, line and sinker. Ibu looks and acts too dumb to be true.
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by axortedbabe(f): 5:33am On Jul 19, 2014
kendrick93: Aren't gat tym for dis murderer
mr saint clap 4 urself,bt u can giv or encourage ur gf 2 go 4 an abortion..mtchew as if u knw ur tomorow..
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by nickz(m): 5:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Chibuhealth: Hahahahahahahahahahahah.....laugh wan kill me. This one na real gobe!. Agwa m nke a, ekpuru m pant na isi jee ogu
gringrin
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 19, 2014
Don't u just love it when 2 old people yab themselves? I do
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by pfijacobs(m): 6:57am On Jul 19, 2014
Accusations and counter accusations.... See wetin money dey cause? Pls focus on ur ministry and stop disturbing urself abt d moni na...
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by thegoodone2(m): 7:37am On Jul 19, 2014
grin
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by Chanchit: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2014
kendrick93: Aren't gat tym for dis murderer

SMH. What has that got to the with the issue @hand. You just dey talk offkey.
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
Too bad! They are old enough to be my parents hence *no comment.
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by Impulse80(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
People should know when to allow others to lead. I don't know why Relinquishing power is always so hard! Obama, OBJ, Jonathan, Blatter! Even you reading this post now! angry
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by kokoA(m): 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
But this woman cannot act naw.. How come she is chiarperson of actors in Naija?
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by hensben(m): 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
kokoA: But this woman cannot act naw.. How come she is chiarperson of actors in Naija?
you dont know her during the days when nigeria movies were interesting to watch n btw, u want thm to give mr ibu who is money conscious so that the industry will lack class finally, i trust pdp to turn them into more joke.
Re: I Don’t Beg For Money From Presidency As Mr. Ibu Does –ibinabo by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
ok oh

(1) (Reply)

Who Rock It Better? / Karrueche Caught Chris Brown In Bed With Singer Sevyn Streeter? / Maheeda Releases Christmas Themed Nude Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.