Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

False Shepherds On Social Media - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Shepherds On Social Media (691 Views)

What Pastor Victor Kanyari's Daughter Is Posting On Social Media / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Apostasy - False Shepherds And Prophets Exposed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

False Shepherds On Social Media by hoasis: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2014
Creflo Dollar had the audacity to tell his followers that they would receive a “Facebook curse” for listening to materials that expose corrupt leaders on the internet. This so-called “Facebook curse” is pure superstition and fear-based control. Other false shepherds have issued similar empty curses for those who listen to Christians and information online about their ‘ministry’ and lifestyle.

This ungodly paranoid behavior demonstrates just how unspiritual, carnal, immature, prideful and deceptive false shepherds are. If your ‘pastor’ behaves this way, you should take note and withdraw all support.

Your pastor may be guilty of this IF:

-he deletes comments from Christians who say that he twisted Scripture.

-he deletes comments from Christians who put Scripture back in context.

-he deletes comments from Christians who ask him to prove his teachings from Scripture.

-he deletes comments from Christians who challenge his teachings and practices.

-he deletes comments from Christians who call out his false prophecies and fake ‘miracles’.

-ALL of the comments on his page agree with him (this is a sign that someone moderates his comments to create an “amen section” by deleting any disagreement, reproof, or warnings)

-he tries to control the flow of information and micromanage your activity online by telling you who you can and can’t be friends with.

-Anyone who openly challenges him online is accused of “attacking” or “bashing” him and blocked.

-he invokes the wrath of God and posts superstitious threats and curses on people who disprove his errors from Scripture.

-he forbids members from going to certain websites and Christian blogs that warn against false teachers (especially him).

I encourage all Christian watchmen online to continue vlogging, blogging, tweeting, and sharing on Facebook regarding wolves and hirelings in the church world. Continue spreading the Good News message and warning God’s people against those who pervert it and mislead them.

If false shepherds can use the internet and social media to promote works of the devil, then surely we can use the internet and social media to do the work of Christ.

Some people say that you can’t change anyone’s mind over the internet, but if that were true there wouldn’t be any politicians, religious leaders, entertainers, and activists on the internet trying to influence minds. The true issue is that many people (including false shepherds) do not want Christians using the internet to influence and inform people with the word of God.

Many many Christians all over the world have been blessed, comforted, and liberated through sound teaching online. The Holy Spirit is delivering and healing many from the religious bondage and spiritual abuse of false teachers and apostate churches.

Some Christians have no idea what their leaders are into or who they really are. It is not until they get online and see something on a social network that they finally find out and see the truth. Other Christians are troubled and disturbed by things that their leaders are doing. They can see that something is seriously wrong, but they know that they are not allowed to talk about it in ‘church’ without retribution. The internet and social media can provide a safe environment for them to reach out to other Christians in confidence and ask questions, study the Bible together, and discuss topics that they are normally not allowed to talk about.

I know that the internet and social media are temporary, and there may not always be freedom of speech for Christians. But in the mean time, for now, I am very thankful for this technological advance which empowers God’s people to connect with others and speak the truth in love.

“I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he comes to set up his Kingdom:Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear.They will reject the truth and chase after myths.But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.” (2 Timothy 4:1-5)

http://exitchurchianity.com/2014/07/13/false-shepherds-on-social-media/
Re: False Shepherds On Social Media by DrummaBoy(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
The OP is an interesting thought.

For a while, I think that Jesus is the author of Facebook as it has become a tremendous source of information on falsehood. The internet as a whole also.

My former pastor told us his son went on Google search for the word "Benny Hinn". He said the young man was troubled at the volume of negative writing on a supposed idol. He told his son not to worry about it; that people would always write these things.

I felt and still feel he was wrong. why so much negative publicity on one man? If you Google "David Martyn Lloyd-Jones", you won't find negative report on him. Neither on Gbile Akanni or D L Moody. Why is that it is these modern day Pentecostal pastors that have all the negativity? There is no smoke without fire.

One nl, an American, was telling us on fb that he was chatting with Mike Murdoch on his fan page on tithes. Before he knew it, he was deleted from the forum.

I left my former church BC the pastors told me to stop posting things in Facebook. Are they are afraid of something?

Now while the internet is a source of great information we must beware what we learn here. Nevertheless the www has been a means of exposing falsehood, like no other. And corrupt pastors have reasons to be afraid.

1 Like

Re: False Shepherds On Social Media by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
just imagine it is social media that will tell you more bout your pastor.That one is a Lie

(1) (Reply)

Purity,humility And Praise. God's Biggest Secret / Raksha Bandhan Messages In Hindi|rakhi Messages|wallapers / Can Bible Prophecy Actually Predict The Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.