Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Young English Footballers Are 'spoiled' - Harry Redknapp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Young English Footballers Are 'spoiled' - Harry Redknapp (626 Views)

Harry Redknapp Finally Named New Super Eagles Coach / BREAKING: Harry Redknapp - The New Super Eagles' Head Coach? / INVESTIGATION: How Nigerian Young Footballers Are Trafficked, Abused, Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young English Footballers Are 'spoiled' - Harry Redknapp by dafe303: 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
QPR boss, Harry Redknapp believes England's promising youngsters are failing to be the star they can actually be, because they get too much too soon.
With pictures of Wilshere smoking a cigarette on his summer break, Sunderland striker Connor Wickham spending £17,500 on a bottle of champagne on his own break emerging and young players having off-field issues that could be have been avoided.
Redknapp says:
"I don't know if it's the mentality because they get so much so early. I saw a kid the other week buying £17,000 worth of champagne, what's that about? Let's be honest, he would't know an Asti Spumante from a £10,000 bottle of champagne - like I wouldn't, it's a load of cobblers. From where we have come from what would we know? I want lads that want to have a go, you just have to hope you can get them. You can take chances with too many foreign players in the main I like players that have played in England and have proved they can do it here rather than wait six months to see if they settle in we haven't got six months. We need to stay in the League this year so we know what we are getting with the Caulkers and the Rios. We are looking at another England striker so if I can get British Players in the main then I will."
West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison on loan last season - another player who has been held back by off-field issues.

http://dayosports..com/2014/07/young-english-footballers-are-spoiled.html
Re: Young English Footballers Are 'spoiled' - Harry Redknapp by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
Bunch of average and Over Hyped players.
Gibbs, cleverly, jekinson etc
Re: Young English Footballers Are 'spoiled' - Harry Redknapp by Caseless: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Imagine man u. paying 30mill for 'luke shaw'-they get too much too early.

(1) (Reply)

Addidas Warns Man Utd!!! / LIVERPOOLFC FANS Lets Talk About Our New Signings Here- Are You Impressed? / Lionel Messi's Hometown Rosario Bans Residents From Naming Their Babies 'messi'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.