Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,143 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio (1362 Views)

Photos From Joseph Yobo's World Press Conference / Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / Sexy Footballer Chichi Igbo & Her Ripped Bod Stun In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by Truequest(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2008
It's no longer news that Nigeria’s World Boxing Council heavyweight champion, Samuel Peter, will enter the ring tonight to defend his belt against his Ukrainian challenger, Vitali Klitschko. But the news is that during their post match conference in Germany, Klitschiko spoke to the press in german, Peter was then expected to speak in English the guy refused and addressed the crowd in IBIBIO can you beat that? This to me is the height of confidence, go Peter go Peter Nigeria is behind
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by nyabinghi(m): 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2008
If it is true it shows he is a damn illiterate. Is Ibibio the official language of Nigeria. Why not translate samul and peters to ibibio too.
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by chessguru(m): 6:23pm On Oct 11, 2008
nyabinghi:

If it is true it shows he is a damn illiterate. Is Ibibio the official language of Nigeria. Why not translate samul and peters to ibibio too.
WELL , THE GUY HAS A RIGHT TO USE ANY LANGUAGE HE WANTS TO USE AS LONG AS IT FITS INTO HIS GAMRE PLAN, BIG UP TO GREAT SAMUEL PTERS, I LOVE HIM!!
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by Truequest(m): 7:15pm On Oct 11, 2008
nyabinghi:

I want to believe that you are joking than take you serious; now let's look at the senario, there was a post match conference where the boxers were expected to address the press. Klitschiko came up instead of speaking in English he switched to german knowing well that Samuel does not understand and there was no interpreter, Peter came up they thought he will speak in English he refused and spoke to them in Ibibio. Don't forget it is all about intimidation.

On literate level don't be too sure, as you might not be more literate than Sam.
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by Truequest(m): 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2008
Peter, 28, was apparently angry that the conference was conducted mostly in German and responded by answering the few English questions posed to him in Nigerian.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10102008/3/champion-boxer-klitschko-ready-roll-years.html
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by Nairalande: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2008
Truequest:

I want to believe that you are joking than take you serious; now let's look at the senario, there was a post match conference where the boxers were expected to address the press. Klitschiko came up instead of speaking in English he switched to german knowing well that Samuel does not understand and there was no interpreter, Peter came up they thought he will speak in English he refused and spoke to them in Ibibio. Don't forget it is all about intimidation.

On literate level don't be too sure, as you might not be more literate than Sam.

[size=13pt]I like the novelty and crystal freshness of your ideas:
very self-evidently creative.[/size]
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by tpia: 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2008
Truequest:

Peter, 28, was apparently angry that the conference was conducted mostly in German and responded by answering the few English questions posed to him in Nigerian.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10102008/3/champion-boxer-klitschko-ready-roll-years.html

well, he's got a point there, but if the conference was being held in Germany, then they'D speak German. It does seem as bit rude of them not to make allowance for the fact that he doesnt speak it. He probably just didnt want to feel intimidated.

Germans are very dogmatic about their language anyway. 

Klitshko should go and sit his behind down.
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by rasputinn(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2008
nyabinghi:

[b]If it is true it shows he is a damn illiterate.
Is Ibibio the official language of Nigeria. Why not translate samul and peters to ibibio too.

Don't be daft dude,how can you just reach such uninformed conclusions?check it,for instance does it make sense for me to conclude that since your username here sound very country-like that you're a bush man?

Like Truequest noted,it's all about intimidation,let me make some things clear here,the belt that will be up for grabs in a few minutes time is held by Peter and as the defending champion,he was supposed to be considered in choosing the fight venue(and I'm sure he'd have chosen the USA,Nigeria but not Ukrain or Germany),but for some strange reason,Klitchco was considered.In case you didn't know,the 02 arena is like home to Klitchcko,he's fought about 26 of his last 32 fights in Germany and speaks perfect German.So he was merely trying to psychologically upset Peter before the fight,good enough Peter wised up to the antics and responded appropriately;in IBIBIO

Finally I suspect the scales are already tilted against Peter,he shouldn't count on winning by points,else he'll be done in,rather he should take his chances and finish off the fight with a T.K.O

I no trust those oyinbos this time around[/b]
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by A40(m): 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2008
Thats the way to go he made a very smart and witty move he has the right to speak in any language he deems fit.I just hope he wins today
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by A40(m): 11:09pm On Oct 11, 2008
Samuel Peters just got his ass kicked by Klitschko!! and started bleeding as early as the third round shocked dude didn't even last till the finish.How disappointing angry angry
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by benincitys(f): 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2008
very disappointing not able to end it .
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2008
A-40:

Samuel Peters just got his ass kicked by Klitschko!! and started bleeding as early as the third round shocked dude didn't even last till the finish.How disappointing angry angry

I always knew this guy is somehow!

see how big he is

he cant even control his punches

What a big disgrace

Even bash ali would have given Klitschko

A run for his Money!
cool
Sorrry Peter. . . . . .The best man won! cheesy
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by A40(m): 11:42pm On Oct 11, 2008
We wouldn't even have the excuse to cry foul-play because Monsieur Peters was beaten to a pulp

@darefestus
I was iffy about him after seeing his fight with McCline where he was knocked down three times he was lucky to get that fight but this time he faced a stronger opponent who didn't give him time to recover.I mean look at Klitschko's face he still had powder on it and was still looking very fresh
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by tpia: 12:11am On Oct 12, 2008
they must have stymied him with that German language fiasco before the match.

Very demoralizing, if you ask me.

I wouldnt be surprised if they gave him some evil grins and looks in addition to the language thing.

anyway, he'll have better luck next time, I hope.
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by bawomolo(m): 5:27am On Oct 12, 2008
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by jgirl3: 5:52am On Oct 12, 2008
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by chessguru(m): 7:26am On Oct 12, 2008
@all
win or lose SAM is a great guy and NIGERIAN /AFRICAN HERO, before him how many Nigerians has gone this far in boxing? the fact that he lost today does not take his achievement from him, SAMUEL PETERS FOR LIFE!
!
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by A40(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2008
Didn't he train for the fight or was he simply floored by a superior opponent because Vitali is stronger than Vladimir
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by martho(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2008
klit, is a dangerous fighter,he knows what to do when the going get tough,samuel felt it from the first round and he was impressed with him,he loss a bit of confidence.samuel must step up with his skills and technik.though he is strong but klit, is more technical and intelligent.
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by tpia: 9:26pm On Oct 12, 2008
Re: Samuel Peter Stun World Press; Addressed Them In Ibibio by vwvw(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2008
sege jaguar, o jibijibi this guy who has face covered in grimy gloves isnt nigerian samuel peters,looks like someone from niger republic, a national merit award winner humilated in this manner, we should have supported bash ali, did i hear anyone say REMATCH, even rocky balboa wouldn't be so optimistic.maybe peters ought to know don king is bad business.he's hexed. i hear he wants a lenox lewis , klitschko rematch, i say bash ali is still the greatest, http://connectafrica.

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Honours Adenuga / Checkout This Funny Snooker Board In Tiv Land,Benue State(Photo) / Amiesimaka Stadium Rivers State $30million More Expensive Than Akwa Ibom Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.