Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) (932 Views)

80 List Of Common Ict Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning / ICT VPN Working Greatly Via Computer Users Unlimited / Repair Your Laptop Here,aa Technologies, 11 Otigba Street, Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
“Every job in the future will require IT skills.”

Cisco CEO, John Chambers is very clear about this. And in fact, statistics show that by as early as 2015, some 90% of all jobs will entail some degree of computing know-how. From simply being able to navigate the Internet for business-critical information to professional networking expertise, one thing is clear: the world’s workplaces are being built on technology.

Countries’ competitiveness and capacity to grow are directly linked to the education, skills, and productivity of their human capital. With women accounting for half of the world’s population and potential talent base, the need to nurture STEM skills amongst girls has never been more important.

Read more here: Let us have a discussion

https://www.netacadadvantage.com/experience-skills/experience-skills-blog/-/blogs/the-real-it-ladies-empowering-women-through-mentorship?p_p_auth=PSkg83zp

2 Likes

Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
Hmm. I just like you more and more Fulaman198

Not only are you intelligent, logical, and tolerant, but you're a techie, AND you support female STEM. And you love African women. I didn't even know men like you existed in Nigeria *shakes head in bewilderment*

4 Likes

Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
MissMeiya: Hmm. I just like you more and more Fulaman198

Not only are you intelligent, logical, and tolerant, but you're a techie, AND you support female STEM. And you love African women. I didn't even know men like you existed in Nigeria *shakes head in bewilderment*

Lol, thanks I appreciate that

2 Likes

Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by danfash09(m): 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
I need a job am cisco certified associate and professional. Fresh graduate pls help what can I do
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
danfash09: I need a job am cisco certified associate and professional. Fresh graduate pls help what can I do

CCNA and CCNP? Are you looking for a job in Network Engineering?
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by danfash09(m): 11:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Fulaman198:

CCNA and CCNP? Are you looking for a job in Network Engineering?

Yes boss have got CCNA and CCNP
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 12:01am On Jul 21, 2014
danfash09:

Yes boss have got CCNA and CCNP

Are you good with BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, STP (RSTP, PVST+),OSPF, Firewall and ASA?
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by danfash09(m): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Are you good with BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, STP (RSTP, PVST+),OSPF, Firewall and ASA?
Yes boss got certified this year so it's still fresh just need daily practicing in other not to forget the commands, really need a place whr I can get hand on

2 Likes

Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2014
danfash09:
Yes boss got certified this year so it's still fresh just need daily practicing in other not to forget the commands, really need a place whr I can get hand on

Where are you based?
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by danfash09(m): 12:10am On Jul 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Where are you based?
I stay with my parent in ibadan
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 12:17am On Jul 21, 2014
danfash09:
I stay with my parent in ibadan

Oh ok, I was going to check with my boss whether there is an opening here in Abuja. It's ok though
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by danfash09(m): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh ok, I was going to check with my boss whether there is an opening here in Abuja. It's ok though
Oh ok thanks. Please u can send me job links if u got any danfash09@yahoo.com really appreciate
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Adamskuty(m): 8:55am On Jul 21, 2014
MissMeiya: Hmm. I just like you more and more Fulaman198

he's my brother, all these qualities u mentioned above is also present in me. grin

1 Like

Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by firestar(f): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2014
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Adamskuty: he's my brother, all these qualities u mentioned above is also present in me. grin

grin
Re: Empowering Women To Be Great At ICT (Information Communication Technologies) by Fulaman198(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Women can do many great things in the tech world, If you take a look, here is an example. MEN ARE NOT SMARTER THAN WOMEN

This woman is responsible for developing STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) which was an integral and extremely important concept in Network Engineering:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Radia_Perlman

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Now Rock Unlimited For Free - No Special Setting Required / Strong Decoder4663x,medium Dstv Dish With Long Rang Lmb,and G1 Dstv Xbox / How To: 3 Steps To Install Custom ROM On Any Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.