Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? (1245 Views)

What Christianity Teaches! God Hate Religion. / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
It puzzles me why the god(s) of the Abrahamic religions hate merriment.
Merriment of any kind is an expression of joy, happiness, a sense of well being(even if temporary).

I notice that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are religions that forbid, or at the least, frown upon singing, dancing,drinking, partying, clubbing, intimate enjoyment etc, that takes place outside of their religion rites.

It doesn't make any sense that fun and merriment are frowned upon here on Earth with the only life one knows, while same religions are promising even more of the same fun and enjoyment in the afterlife, after this life that we know has expired.

Why do these religions promote shame, guilt and sadness here on Earth as the price to be paid for Joy and bliss in the afterlife?
If you don't know joy, can't share joy, can't celebrate joy here in Terra Firma, then how exactly are you going to be able to do that in planet heaven?

I look forward to your contributions.
wink

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
What is this nonsense plaetton? Must you open an anti-theist thread even when you have nothing reasonable to say?

To begin with, how do religions or God hate merriment? What a poorly constructed argument. Why go ahead to ask questions when the premise from which it is built is questionable?

Mind yourself o!

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Reyginus: What is this nonsense plaetton? Must you open an anti-theist thread even when you have nothing reasonable to say?

To begin with, how do religions or God hate merriment? What a poorly constructed argument. Why go ahead to ask questions when the premise from which it is built is questionable?

Mind yourself o!

Well, sir Reyginus,
You have a way of avoiding answering simple questions.
Unless you have never gone to church before, or ever seen or heard of street preachers.

This question occurred to me just yesterday while I heard a street preacher preaching against drinking, dancing, clubbing and intimate enjoyment. We all hear this type of preaching at churches all the time, right from our childhoods.

If you are from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran, you know for sure that joyful merriments such as singing, dancing, clubbing etc are strictly forbidden. Same applies in orthodox Judaism.

So my questions are very valid.
Now, please try and answer them, or simply adopt a siddon look attitude.
cool
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
The worst is the psychological effect it has on children.

I was born and raised in a home where forms of merriment outside religious circles are highly prohibited. Even celebration of birthdays is frowned upon.

Up till now, I don't club, dance, drink, party e.t.c. I even find it very difficult honouring invitations to functions.

It's been hard trying to do things I grew up hating.

Were it not for the internet, I can't begin to imagine how boring my life would have been.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton:

Well, sir Reyginus,
You have a way of avoiding answering simple questions.
Unless you have never gone to church before, or ever seen or heard of street preachers.

This question occurred to me just yesterday while I heard a street preacher preaching against drinking, dancing, clubbing and intimate enjoyment. We all hear this type of preaching at churches all the time, right from our childhoods.

If you are from Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran, you know for sure that joyful merriments such as singing, dancing, clubbing etc are strictly forbidden. Same applies in orthodox Judaism.

So my questions are very valid.
Now, please try and answer them, or simply adopt a siddon look attitude.
cool
Mr Plaetton, I advise it would be better to shut up and think if you have nothing reasonable to say. Is this how you think now?

A pastor yesterday preached against these acts so automatically God hates merriment? Sometimes I wish Nairaland is a real forum where you get to meet the person propounding a thing.

I would only give you the benefits this line of reasoning brings. And don't even follow the line of accusations because it will make you appear even more irrational. The question is, Does the Christain or Islamic God hate merriment?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
rationalmind: The worst is the psychological effect it has on children.

I was born and raised in a home where forms of merriment outside religious circles are highly prohibited. Even celebration of birthdays is frowned upon.

Up till now, I don't club, dance, drink, party e.t.c. I even find it very difficult honouring invitations to functions.

It's been hard trying to do things I grew up hating.

Were it not for the internet, I can't begin to imagine how boring my life would have been.
Good my friend. Would that then make you to go ahead and say that the God your family serve hate merriment?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Reyginus: Good my friend. Would that then make you to go ahead and say that the God your family serve hate merriment?

It won't make me say he likes merriment
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
rationalmind:

It won't make me say he likes merriment
Thank you. You see the kind of reasoning Plaetton put on display? Na wa o.
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Reyginus: Thank you. You see the kind of reasoning Plaetton put on display? Na wa o.

lol, I'm not sure you understood my response tongue

Did you?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
rationalmind:

lol, I'm not sure you understood my response tongue

Did you?
Will it then make you he hates it?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by TheBigUrban2: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ Plaetton,

Please ignore Reyginius. It would be better to report him as he is trying to derail this thread. He needs butthurt cream

Unto the topic of God being against enjoyment;

The main aim of many religions is to control. The Abrahamic religions especially are made to control people. People who are happy and enjoying their lives do not care or want to be controlled......no one wants his or her fun to stop.

The main reason for Islam to ban alcohol is the belief that people who drink alcohol would deviate from prayers and worship. The believer must be controlled to focus on God/religion.

Also, clubbing, partying, dancing, music, watching movies etc, are all frowned upon because if they are done, they will take the christian/jew/muslim away from worship. The thing is that God/religionists do not hate fun, they just need people to be enslaved to religion and spend more time worshipping than frolicking. It is all about power/control

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by mployer(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Op is saying what he know nothing about.
Jesus said to his disciples ' ask and it shall be given to you so that YOUR JOY WILL BE FULL.'

Peace and fullness of joy is the centre of the christian life. It is the joy that springs out into a fountain of joy touching the souls within.

The joy op is referring to is the short-lived and doomed type of joy. Even non-religious moralist will surely go against such evil practice you call merriment.

A man that sleeps with your wife is definitely enjoying himself but we know you won't need religion to descend on him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2: @ Plaetton,

Please ignore Reyginius. It would be better to report him as he is trying to derail this thread. He needs butthurt cream

The main aim of many religions is to control. The Abrahamic religions especially are made to control people. People who are happy and enjoying their lives do not care or want to be controlled......no one wants his or her fun to stop.

The main reason for Islam to ban alcohol is the belief that people who drink alcohol would deviate from prayers and worship. The believer must be controlled to focus on God/religion.

Also, clubbing, partying, dancing, music, watching movies etc, are all frowned upon because if they are done, they will take the christian/jew/muslim away from worship. The thing is that God/religionists do not hate fun, they just need people to be enslaved to religion and spend more time worshipping than frolicking. It is all about power/control
LOL. How you think all in the name to show disdain for God and religion. What happened to your thinking?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2: @ Plaetton,

Thank you jare.

Honesty Reyginus is really really asking for some butthurt, and I was just about to give him a few before your timely intervention.
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by TheBigUrban2: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton:

Thank you jare.

Honesty Reyginus is really really asking for some butthurt, and I was just about to give him a few before your timely intervention.

So, what is your take on religion and enjoyment?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
mployer:
Op is saying what he know nothing about.
Jesus said to his disciples ' ask and it shall be given to you so that YOUR JOY WILL BE FULL.'

Peace and fullness of joy is the centre of the christian life. It is the joy that springs out into a fountain of joy touching the souls within.

The joy op is referring to is the short-lived and doomed type of joy. Even non-religious moralist will surely go against such evil practice you call merriment.

A man that sleeps with your wife is definitely enjoying himself but we know you won't need religion to descend on him.

So you do know what I was talking about. So why pretend that you do not?
Now, you are saying that some forms of joy are good and some forms of joy are bad? Is that it
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton:

Thank you jare.

I am only trying to help you, my friend. You seem not to understand.

The word merriment is ambigous. Do we say that because it involves merriment it is good? Help me to help you.
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by mployer(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton:

So you do know what I was talking about. So why pretend that you do not?
Now, you are saying that some forms of joy are good and some forms of joy are bad? Is that it

Definitely, just like some kind of food are poisonous.
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

So, what is your take on religion and enjoyment?

That is what my thread seeks to discuss.

Religion contradicts everything that it claims to stand for.
Joy in heaven , but guilt on Earth first.
God loves you but will torment you forever if you don't return his love, or fail any one of his contradictory rules.
There is only one god, but Jesus his son( without a mother), and he too is god too.
God is perfect, but Jesus came to correct him.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
mployer:

Definitely, just like some kind of food are poisonous.

Have you eaten poisonous food before?

Are you saying that singing hip-op, reggae, Jazz, etc, dancing azonto, drinking palmwine, smoking ciggarettes or weed, enjoying intimacy with a damsel, etc are all analogous to eating poisonous food?
If so, kindly explain?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Reyginus: I am only trying to help you, my friend. You seem not to understand.

The word merriment is ambigous. Do we say that because it involves merriment it is good? Help me to help you.

Please stop the childish rigmarole and address the simple questions, if at all you can.
If your cranial faculties cannot compute, then simply let others do answering.

Thank you.
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
plaetton:

Please stop the childish rigmarole and address the simple questions, if at all you can.
If your cranial faculties cannot compute, then simply let others do answering.

Thank you.
I am tired of threads in which the ones who created them have no understanding of.

Whenever you are to explain your premise I will answer your question?
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by plaetton: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
Reyginus: I am tired of threads in which the ones who created them have no understanding of.

Whenever you are to explain your premise I will answer your question?

The thread was not created specifically for you , sir.

Onye ajuju anagi efu uzo.

If you have a problem understanding simple questions in simple english that is not my problem.

The fact that more than one person has given his own answer shows that perhaps there is a cranial deficit somewhere, and I am not going to say where. wink
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2014
plaetton:

I notice that Islam, Judaism and Christianity are religions that forbid, or at the least, frown upon singing, dancing,drinking, partying, clubbing, intimate enjoyment etc, that takes place outside of their religion rites.

I look forward to your contributions.
wink
Singing- Carefully listen to the lyrics of the songs you plan to listen, we you be comfortable saying all the lyrics before your family members? Will they find it offensive?

Dancing- Is the Dance style sexually suggestive? Does it require you to maintain bodily contact on a member of the opposite sex? Does the song, you are dancing to GLORIFY SEX, DRUGS, VIOLENCE and MONEY (Materialism)?

Drinking- Bible principle on drinking alcohol is clear; No heavy (binge) drinking, No drunkenness. Moderate alcohol intake at the right time is not prohibited.

Partying- Well some christians attend and organise parties but they can't attend and participate in all type of parties.

Clubbing- What type of music, What type of atmosphere- drinks, cigarette and company (people) are commonly found in those place? A christian who do not want to be un-evenly yoked with an unbeliever will not find it easy to do so if he/she choose to go clubbing. Honestly "Why do boys go to club" and "Why do girls go to club", the real reason is not becoming of a true christian.

Illicit Intimate Enjoyment- History has proven that it causes more harm than good. It is temporary and it those not guarantee Happiness/Satisfaction in life. Rather it causes a lot of heartaches.

Honest answers to these Questions, we help you see that Christians are really not missing out, they are happy doing what Jehovah wants from them as its the best way to live their life to the fullest. They take part in other form of recreational activities that is not harmful/offensive to both themselves and others. Your opinion is just that, "your opinion". It has no effect on our beliefs.
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by mmsen: 7:14am On Jul 22, 2014
The god of Abraham hates people in general, not just merriment.
Re: Why Does The Abrahamic God Hate Merriment? by niyarem: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
plaetton,
Please contact me if you have posted under globexl on this forum with regards to exporting foodstuff abroad. I need your expert guidance.
Thanks
niyarem@yahoo.com

Sorry folks that my posting is not related to this topic. I'm new on this forum and I don't know how to contact plaetton or globexl.

(1) (Reply)

Unical Students Protest Islam Teachings Of Intolerance! / Are There Certains Sins That God Would Not Forgive? / Why Will The Nations Need Healing In The New Jerusalem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.