Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Janet Jackson Wants Fans To Design New Album Cover - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Janet Jackson Wants Fans To Design New Album Cover (2276 Views)

Psquare Unveils 6th Album “double Trouble” Album Cover Art And Tracklisting / Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / Lewd Juju Singer Saint Janet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Janet Jackson Wants Fans To Design New Album Cover by kinglarry(m): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2006
Janet Jackson Wants Fans To Design New Album Cover

The cover of Janet Jackson's new album, 20 Years Old, due out September 26, will be designed by a fan. On July 18, Janet launched a contest giving fans an opportunity to create the artwork for her ninth studio set.

The Design Me contest requires participants to download images of Janet, create proposed album covers, and to post the creations on the contest page. Contestants will vote for their favorite submissions, and Janet will select her top four favorites, which will be used for the first one million copies of the album.

Janet and her beau Jermaine Dupri, President Virgin Records, Urban Music, came up with the idea for the promotion. "We were going on the website and looking at all this creative stuff the kids were doing, and it amazed us," Janet says. "They were taking old pictures and they were just very creative with all the designs. We said, 'Let's have these kids design our album cover.'"

Janet hand-picked dozens of images, new and old, to be used in the contest. "They told me that I should pick maybe 20, 30 photos, but I think I went a little crazy," Janet says. "I picked way more than that. I gave them some of the new stuff I just shot for the album cover shoot. So they have some really recent photos as well as some stuff from 20 years ago."

Janet does not give participants any parameters for their designs. She wants them to be uninhibited and to "go for it."

"That's what it's really about," Janet says, "for them to manipulate it and get creative, and go wherever their images takes them."

To enter the contest, contestants should visit: http://designme.janetjackson.com.
Re: Janet Jackson Wants Fans To Design New Album Cover by diyobdw(f): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2006
Am HAPPY SHE IS BACK!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Cant wait to hear her track!!

i Love alot about her and got her kind of chick too!! grin
Re: Janet Jackson Wants Fans To Design New Album Cover by Oracle(m): 2:03am On Jul 20, 2006
thatz good for hear
iv never heard of any artiste who tell his/her fan to design their album
she's done well in music, she's got great songs

(1) (Reply)

Where Are Nigeria's Gospel Music Promoters And Facillitators? / Ilefo Illuminati Official Video - Olamide / Rihanna Ft. Chris Brown - Nobody's Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.