Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

How To Decide Who Is A Good Rapper - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Decide Who Is A Good Rapper (662 Views)

How To Be A Good Rapper / What Makes A Good Rapper? / T.i Neva Been A Good Rapper Until This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Decide Who Is A Good Rapper by Blackteeth(m): 3:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Most times people just mention names or write lists of so-called "best rappers". But the key thing they always fail to do is they dont compare each rapper using the two important criterias and figuring out how the rappers score in each criteria. In my opinion before you mention any rapper as the best you have to consider how the rappers score in these two criterias mentioned below:

1. PRESENTATION

What I mean by presentation is how good the rapper delivers the rap to make it sound pleasant and fit perfectly well with the beats to make great music. This has nothing to do with lyrics or punch lines, just the sound alone and I think this should be the the most important criteria of all. A rapper can be a good lyricist with great punchlines and all that but if his rap doesn't sound pleasant to the ears then he is as good as crap cos the essense of music has been lost. Most times we find it hard to hear exactly these rappers are spitting except we go through the written lyrics. What carries us along is just the sound of how the rap blends with the beats and produce the music we enjoy.
When it comes to the aspect of presentation I would personally rate Drake the best and superb then I would rate lil Wayne THE WORST presenter. For Nigerian rappers I think I would rate Phyno the best presenter and that has surely been his strength.

2. CONTENT

This encompasses the lyrics, punchlines and word play stuffs. If you listen to rap for the music then this criteria is less important compared to the aspect of presentation. But if you listen to rap for the content then you can ignore the presention and whenever you intend mentioning any rapper as the best you must mention that it is based on lyrics alone.
When it comes to which rapper has the best content I cant really decide. Personally I listen to rap for the music and I pay less attention to the whatever stuff they are saying. I just need good music. Lyrically Drake is not bad and since my focus is on the music side of rap I would personally choose Drake as the best rapper for his great presentation.
Re: How To Decide Who Is A Good Rapper by acenazt: 4:36am On Jul 22, 2014
People stress them selves to lay punchlines,metaphors,puns and rhymes that don't connect to make meaning. Without a good flow and content,a rap song won't make sense. I don't struggle thinking bout punchlines,I wrap my lines in multisyllabic and internal rhyme schemes. Story telling is the best.

(1) (Reply)

Download Two Nairalander's Version Of #YouNeedANewBankRemix Competition! / Music Video Teaser: Leke Lee - Fire In The Booth / Jamb 2015: Result Problems And Solutions | Low Jamb Score Issues | No Result Yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.