Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon (2826 Views)

Lagos Exempts Petrol Tankers, Trucks From Daytime Restriction / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by davitogreat(m): 5:57am On Jul 22, 2014
[size=14pt]Made-in-Nigeria Shacman trucks out soon[/size]

Chinese commercial vehicles manufacturer, Shaanxi Heavy Duty Automobile Import & Export Co. Ltd, and its partner in Nigeria, Transit Support Services Limited, have signed an agreement to commence the assembly of various models of Shacman commercial vehicles in Nigeria, starting with heavy duty trucks and tractors.
The partners announced after the agreement signing ceremony in Enugu recently that the CKD production of the vehicles would in three months begin to make use of a section of ANAMMCO assembly facilities in Emene Industrial Estate, Enugu. No fewer than 3, 000 units of Shacman trucks will be produced annually at the plant on contract basis, with the likelihood of raising the output to 4, 000 or even higher, with time.
Commenting on the investment, the Chairman of Transit Support Services, Mr. Frank Nneji, and the Shacman Manager in charge of Africa, Mr Zhong Yi, applauded the Federal Government’s new development policy for the auto sector, stressing that the partnership was fostered to provide for the Nigerian market top quality commercial vehicles that have been accepted in over 80 countries across the world.
Yi stated that Shacman first made a mark as a manufacturer of military off-road vehicles supplied to many countries, including those in Africa, before expanding to heavy duty commercial vehicles which earned it the credit of being China’s bestselling truck brand.
“It is the same technology, the same top quality vehicles that we plan to bring to Nigeria with our partner, TSS,” Yi remarked, stating that about 1, 000 units of Shac-man trucks are already on Nigerian roads and have impressively surpassed their users’ expectations in terms of performance and return on investment.
“So, what we want to do is to localise the production of subsequent units to build on this initial success.” He assured that in committing itself to the production of high standard vehicles, the auto maker would not de-emphasise affordability.
The team from Shacman also included Tracy; the Sales Manager (Nigerian Market), Vincent Jin Xiang Jun; Chief Engineer, Qiang Jian Peng; and Sales Manager, Charles Zhang.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/made-in-nigeria-shacman-trucks-out-soon/

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by Donmarrius: 7:08am On Jul 22, 2014
Fresh Air!.

More investments in Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by Eldavido1: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2014
more goodnews. We are getting there gradually!

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by eaglechild: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2014
I must say that this is one policy that GEJ got right.

It has created an unprecedented boom in the local automobile industry.

With jobs being created (up to 7,500) by Innoson alone.

Peugeot, Innoson, Nissan, ANAMCO, Coscharis, etc now Shacman are coming back to life.

This is genuine fresh air, and we must not allow Boko/supporter of APC to pollute it.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by simpleseyi: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2014
Jona-daft and cluelessness, two words, same meaning. However, he got this Automobile policy right, may God give him the strength to implement this to the letter. If either baba-no-regret a.k.a Obasanjo or the evil nonentity called IBB has started this policy, Nigeria would have been exporting cars to Europe before now.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by simpleseyi: 8:08am On Jul 22, 2014
Donmarrius: Fresh Air!.

More investments in Igboland.

You are as tribal as myself. A hard knock on your coconut head and also on my mango head. Try and cure yourself of tribalism, I am already taking drugs to cure mine.

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by eaglechild: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2014
simpleseyi: Jona-daft and cluelessness, two words, same meaning. However, he got this Automobile policy right, may God give him the strength to implement this to the letter. If either baba-no-regret a.k.a Obasanjo or the evil nonentity called IBB has started this policy, Nigeria would have been exporting cars to Europe before now.
It is already yielding dividends.
Those that have the entrepreneurial clout are cashing in.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by Itoroetti(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2014
nigeria ayaiya.
i dream of a country call nigeria were in no distance future,graduate wilk be selecting the type of job offers to accept.
thank u GEJ for dis policy.
if d policy in d agro sector finally comes into play,then we are in for massive boom for our dear economy

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by titoetal(m): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2014
Indeed the FRESH AIR is blowing very rapidly across Nigeria like hurricane showering empowerment and hope risen for families and not destruction. With this move, some families that have lost their means of livelihood due to ANAMMCO shot down will feel this Fresh Air.

God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by Silenzer(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2014
The sleeping GIANT shall RISE again.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by superstar1(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2014
How does assembled cars in Nigeria, turned to Made in Nigeria?

Which vital part of the cars are being manufactured in Nigeria, that make them made in Nigeria?

We need to learn to use the correct words for situations.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by 7lives: 10:02am On Jul 22, 2014
superstar1: How does assembled cars in Nigeria, turned to Made in Nigeria?

Which vital part of the cars are being manufactured in Nigeria, that make them made in Nigeria?

Assembly plant ko national assembly ni. Nigeria have refuse to learn from her past mistakes, Nigeria has been assembling vehicles since Peugeot and here we are more and more auto assembles instead of auto manufacturing plants.
You cannot repeat the same mistake and expect a different result, shalom.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 22, 2014
I thought Shacman was alomo junior brother
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by Donmarrius: 10:28am On Jul 22, 2014
simpleseyi:

You are as tribal as myself. A hard knock on your coconut head and also on my mango head. Try and cure yourself of tribalism, I am already taking drugs to cure mine.
Lol.you are just a simpleton.
You don't want Igboland develop?.mtchww!
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by eaglechild: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
front page please
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by shizzle11(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Good development! more of it.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
superstar1: How does assembled cars in Nigeria, turned to Made in Nigeria?

Sir, in the automotive industry, 'assembly' and 'manufacturing' mean the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by waternogetenemy: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Na wa oh everywhere i look development story...
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by superstar1(m): 12:05am On Jul 23, 2014
CFCfan:
Sir, in the automotive industry, 'assembly' and 'manufacturing' mean the same thing.

Oga, even a primary school kid knows the difference, whether in automobile industry parlance or simple layman English.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by internetpo(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2014
Good development I must say but can someone help me with a good analysis of what this automative policy portends to local manufacturers like Innoson and co. Is the competition not going to kill them?
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by sleekman(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
7lives:

Assembly plant ko national assembly ni. Nigeria have refuse to learn from her past mistakes, Nigeria has been assembling vehicles since Peugeot and here we are more and more auto assembles instead of auto manufacturing plants.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by sleekman(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
7lives:

unfortunately its u that's not learning anything. All vehicle manufacturers have assembling factories around d world. Toyota has their vehicle assembly in d US/Mexico. As 4d parts there is already a policy in play to slowly improve our local content. This is where d job market will really expand. Rome wasn't built in a day. Assemble imported parts and then slowly assemble locally produced parts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by jinandongye(f): 9:24am On Aug 29, 2014
sleekman: unfortunately its u that's not learning anything. All vehicle manufacturers have assembling factories around d world. Toyota has their vehicle assembly in d US/Mexico. As 4d parts there is already a policy in play to slowly improve our local content. This is where d job market will really expand. Rome wasn't built in a day. Assemble imported parts and then slowly assemble locally produced parts.

Good job! grin

If anyone needs shacman parts, pls contact me!

Email: eva@jndongye.com

Re: Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon by jinandongye(f): 9:30am On Aug 29, 2014
waternogetenemy: Na wa oh everywhere i look development story...

If anyone needs shacman parts, pls contact me!

Email: eva@jndongye.com

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 406 EW10-V6 Range Vs 2008 Honda Accord V6 / Honda Baby Boy Engine And Gear Price / Genuine Toyota Spare Part Dealer In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.