Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,835 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

From Ordinary To Extraordinary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Ordinary To Extraordinary (563 Views)

Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? / Reflection/homily: Second (2nd) Sunday In Ordinary Time Of The Year C / God Is Not A Christian: Desmond Tutu And The Dalai Lama's Extraordinary Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Ordinary To Extraordinary by yommyuk: 6:56am On Jul 22, 2014
The apostle Peter was an ordinary person who lived in an extraordinary time. His was the generation during which Jesus lived on the earth and died for the salvation of mankind.

It was Andrew who first brought his brother Peter (originally called Simon) to meet the Lord (John 1:40-42). When Jesus invited them to become disciples, both brothers immediately left their fishing trade and placed themselves under Christ’s authority (Matt 4:20).

Peter became a passionate follower who consistently demonstrated an eagerness to be near the Savior and in the middle of whatever was going on. Whether encountering Jesus on the water during a storm (Matt 14:27-29) or speaking to Him during His transfiguration ( Matthew 17:1-5), Peter was devoted to his Master’s service.

In the beginning, the former fisherman was quick to speak and to act, and this impulsiveness created problems for him. For example, when Jesus was talking about His imminent suffering and death, Peter objected, as if he knew better than the Lord. Christ’s rebuke was swift and direct ( Matt 16:21-23). The apostle learned from his mistakes and was later given great responsibility. He’s a good example of how we should release personal desires, wholeheartedly embrace Jesus’ way, and walk closely with Him (Mark 8:34).

The Lord chooses unexceptional people like Peter and you and me to build His kingdom. He asks His followers to love Him above all else and fully commit to obeying Him. When we do, He will accomplish more through us than we could ever imagine.

Romans 12:11
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord

Deuteronomy 13:4
It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

John 12:26
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

How A Married Woman Almost Seduced Me – Pastor Adeboye / Lesson To Learn From This Funny Joke / May You Not Be Used As A Trap In Someone's Life Or Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.