Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Miss Global Nigeria Pageant Took Place Yesterday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss Global Nigeria Pageant Took Place Yesterday (550 Views)

Judith Ilechukwu, Ex-Miss Global Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Mercy Aigbe And Funke Akindele Do 'Azonto' Dance At Miss Global Nigeria / Celebrities At Miss Global Beauty Pageant... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Miss Global Nigeria Pageant Took Place Yesterday by Moreinfo(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2014
The Miss Global Nigeria Pageant took place at the Havilla Events Centre , Victoria Island yesterday … and I attended the event not just to bring you only pictures but hot gist..

The event was well attended, I ran into my classmate from University.. Haven’t seen her since we graduated from school.. We spent some time to catch up on old times, it was great reliving our University days.. The event kicked off at about 7pm with the appearance of the MC’s Tee A and Tina Akinola.

Some of the celebrities who attended the event were Toyin Aimaku Johnson, Mercy Aigbe Gentry, Chidi Mokeme, Korede Bello, Halima Abubarka and so many others.. The contestants came out to do a theme song which was dedicated to the Chibok girls. I think that was a nice touch, they then came out in their corporate wear. Usually you don’t see that in pageants rather you’d see contestants come out in bikinis. However, when contestant no 2 came out in her corporate wear with a makeup stain (brown powder) on it and it was so obvious. (I am just saying what I saw oo) then they came out in their evening wear. Their dresses were not bad at all. Beautiful dresses by Needle Craft and it fit all of them well.. You know me, if the dresses were not nice I would tell you.

Contestant no 9 made a mistake by coming out before she was called but she was smart enough to quickly go back. The girls were nervous though! You could tell from their voices when they came to describe their traditional attire… Really, it’s not easy to face crowd oo! One thing I liked about the event was that some of the contestants came up to showcase their talents..

Contestant no 9 tied gele for a girl right there on stage and she tied it well, contestant no 7 performed one of her songs on stage, contestant no 11 danced to Kcee’s ‘Pullover’ , contestant no 6 sang ‘Beautiful’ by Frank Edwards while playing the guitar, contestant no 15 did the Indian dance, the guests loved her performance.. Contestant no 5, 7, 9,2,1,3,10,8 and 6 made it to top 10.

The selection by the judges didn’t go down well with the guests because they felt contestant no 16 did well. In fact, Toyin Aimaku left the event in annoyance .. I heard her say ‘ This is rubbish, I’m leaving’ people were surprised at her but I think someone was able to calm her down. She came back few minutes later. Like I was saying, the guests were not pleased with the selection of the top 10. That caused an argument for about 5minutes and one of the judges was asked to explain how they came about the selection.. We were told that they performed some tasks while in camp and the score for that was 60 while the judges were to score the girls based on 40 marks at the event…

The story continues at http://chriseze..com

Re: Miss Global Nigeria Pageant Took Place Yesterday by spays(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2014
Na wa ooo

(1) (Reply)

Hmmm… Rihanna Wants To Buy Liverpool? / Wordless Post: Fashion Police Comedianne, Joan Rivers Death Wish / Pandemonium In OAU As Ebola Suspect Is Rushed To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.