Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:08 PM

FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors (2345 Views)

Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors / Amazing! Patients Pay Doctors To Use Surgical Equipment At Igbobi Hospital / Amazing! Patients Pay Doctors To Use Surgical Equipment Atigbobi Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by sogodihno: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors – Okonjo Iweala
Coordinating minister for the economy and minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala declared yesterday that the N13 billion demanded by the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) to end the ongoing doctor’s strike was not captured in the 2014 national budget.Okonjo-Iweala, who was represented by the director general of the Budget Office of the Federation, Bright Okogu, insisted that the federal government will not be compelled to “print money” to pay the striking doctors.These were fallouts of the third reconciliatory meeting between the NMA, health ministry and the finance ministry convened by the Ndudi Elumelu-led House of Representatives Committee on Health.“The easiest thing to say is go and print money, but you know the implication and I won’t mention countries who are near us,some of them who today are in deep trouble because of issues like this.” Okogu stated in response to requests by the House Committee that the federal government source money to pay the doctors. Okogu stated further: “This competitive wage demand for increase is not sustainable and is not in the best interest of the nation as the wage bill has risen from N857 billion in 2009 to N1.8 trillion in 2014.
The DG Budget warned that bowing to the doctors’ demand will open a floodgate similar requests from pharmacists, nurses and other categories of health workers. The NMA insisted on at least six months payment or half of the N13 billion arrears being demanded.“We can’t promise to call off less we have a minimal thing we can return to our members with.” NMA’s First Vice President Dr. Titus Ibekwe stated at the meeeting.
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by adeoladrg(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sweet! grin
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by aluunoble: 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
It's regrettably sad that the once hallowed NMA has lost public sympathy as a result of politicks of calumny, impunity and unhealthy rivalry. Shame on 'nma'! Ur relevance n public ratings are waning and dwindling down the drains. It's indeed laughable as this is the beginning of the end of 'enemy' sorry NMA. Stewpidity in an Open scandal. This is the 1st time in d annals of nma history dat they've embarked on a would-be futile n senseless strike action. I'm sure the pple nma has tagged 'support staff' would turn them to laughing stock as there'll soon return to work in shame. I was told nma had a 28-point demands and have now narrowed it down to SEVEN, THREE and just yesterday 21st July exactly 3 weeks into the strike narrowed it finally to One (1) major demand which hinges solely on money, 13 Billion Naira! Is this not ridiculous? Hmm na wa oh! This scenerio smacks of a failled project if u ask me an aspiring LLB. I wonder what Economists in this forum call this when juxtaposed with opportunity cost (I once had 28 demands n now 1 demand and Okonjo Iwela doesn't giv a bleep on ma surviving demand saying there is no money). This further buttresses d fact that nma and mdcan are self-conceited! It's now an open secret that this folks are after their pockets and not the patients' welfare as they earlier portrayed the matter to the public. What a shameless shame! The wayforward is the plan in the offing where salary of 1st degree holders in every sector will be same except allowances.Let's hv someone who studied engineering,business or public admin, pol science etc receive same salary as the medic and paramedics for once except their allowances. I see it coming to fruition.

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lmao @ aspiring LLB. You'll qualify for a doctor's reply when you get your degree. Safe!
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by sogodihno: 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
aluunoble: It's regrettably sad that the once hallowed NMA has lost public sympathy as a result of politicks of calumny, impunity and unhealthy rivalry. Shame on 'nma'! Ur relevance n public ratings are waning and dwindling down the drains. It's indeed laughable as this is the beginning of the end of 'enemy' sorry NMA. Stewpidity in an Open scandal. This is the 1st time in d annals of nma history dat they've embarked on a would-be futile n senseless strike action. I'm sure the pple nma has tagged 'support staff' would turn them to laughing stock as there'll soon return to work in shame. I was told nma had a 28-point demands and have now narrowed it down to SEVEN, THREE and just yesterday 21st July exactly 3 weeks into the strike narrowed it finally to One (1) major demand which hinges solely on money, 13 Billion Naira! Is this not ridiculous? Hmm na wa oh! This scenerio smacks of a failled project if u ask me an aspiring LLB. I wonder what Economists in this forum call this when juxtaposed with opportunity cost (I once had 28 demands n now 1 demand and Okonjo Iwela doesn't giv a bleep on ma surviving demand saying there is no money). This further buttresses d fact that nma and mdcan are self-conceited! It's now an open secret that this folks are after their pockets and not the patients' welfare as they earlier portrayed the matter to the public. What a shameless shame! The wayforward is the plan in the offing where salary of 1st degree holders in every sector will be same except allowances.Let's hv someone who studied engineering,business or public admin, pol science etc receive same salary as the medic and FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors – Okonjo IwealaPosted:22/Jul/2014Deadline:22/Jul/2014Coordinating minister for the economy and minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala declared yesterday that the N13 billion demanded by the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) to end the ongoing doctor’s strike was not captured in the 2014 national budget.Okonjo-Iweala, who was represented by the director general of the Budget Office of the Federation, Bright Okogu, insisted that the federal government will not be compelled to “print money” to pay the striking doctors.These were fallouts of the third reconciliatory meeting between the NMA, health ministry and the finance ministry convened by the Ndudi Elumelu-led House of RepresentativesCommittee on Health.“The easiest thing to say is go and print money, but you know the implication and I won’t mention countries who are near us,some of them who today are in deep trouble because of issues like this.” Okogu stated in response to requests by the House Committee that the federal government source money to pay the doctors.Okogu stated further: “This competitive wage demand for increase is not sustainable and is not in the best interest of the nation as the wage bill has risen from N857 billion in 2009 to N1.8 trillion in 2014.The DG Budget warned that bowing to the doctors’ demand will open a floodgate similar requests from pharmacists, nurses and other categories of health workers.The NMA insisted on at least six months payment or half of the N13 billion arrears being demanded.“We can’t promise to call off less we have a minimal thing we can return to our members with.” NMA’s First Vice President Dr. Titus Ibekwe stated at the meeeting.paramedics for once except their allowances. I see it coming to fruition.

A u saying NMA now has only one demand, wat abt d consultancy problem wth other health workers and d skipping issue. pls expatiate?

3 Likes

Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by sogodihno: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
aluunoble: It's regrettably sad that the once hallowed NMA has lost public sympathy as a result of politicks of calumny, impunity and unhealthy rivalry. Shame on 'nma'! Ur relevance n public ratings are waning and dwindling down the drains. It's indeed laughable as this is the beginning of the end of 'enemy' sorry NMA. Stewpidity in an Open scandal. This is the 1st time in d annals of nma history dat they've embarked on a would-be futile n senseless strike action. I'm sure the pple nma has tagged 'support staff' would turn them to laughing stock as there'll soon return to work in shame. I was told nma had a 28-point demands and have now narrowed it down to SEVEN, THREE and just yesterday 21st July exactly 3 weeks into the strike narrowed it finally to One (1) major demand which hinges solely on money, 13 Billion Naira! Is this not ridiculous? Hmm na wa oh! This scenerio smacks of a failled project if u ask me an aspiring LLB. I wonder what Economists in this forum call this when juxtaposed with opportunity cost (I once had 28 demands n now 1 demand and Okonjo Iwela doesn't giv a bleep on ma surviving demand saying there is no money). This further buttresses d fact that nma and mdcan are self-conceited! It's now an open secret that this folks are after their pockets and not the patients' welfare as they earlier portrayed the matter to the public. What a shameless shame! The wayforward is the plan in the offing where salary of 1st degree holders in every sector will be same except allowances.Let's hv someone who studied engineering,business or public admin, pol science etc receive same salary as the medic and paramedics for once except their allowances. I see it coming to fruition.

A u saying NMA now has only one demand, wat abt d consultancy problem wth other health workers and d skipping issue. pls expatiate?
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by aluunoble: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
sogodihno:

Yes of course! The NMA insisted on at least six months payment or half of the N13 billion arrears being demanded.“We can’t promise to call off less we have a minimal thing we can return to our members with.” [color=#000099][/color]. On the consultancy issue, Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria (MDCAN) filled a suite in the Nat Industrial court (NIC) Abuja seeking the court to restrain the FG from implementing whatever agreements they (FG) had reached with JOHESU. Meanwhile, it was this same court of competent jurisdiction that passed the verdict in favor of JOHESU. However, JOHESU is seeking to be part of the suite. If this is granted, the interlocutory injunction being sought for will hit a hard bricks and the suite will be quashed. On the skipping of a thing, circulars have long being sent to CEOs of affected health institutions to commence implementation, so there's no going back. Remember the consultancy status and the skipping of Conhess 10 to 11 are not new demands as this has been a long standing statutory benefit before the emergence of Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu as d health Minister. They (MDCAN) pressurized Chukwu to issue circulars to stop the duo fortwit which the minister obliged. This is just the begining of the ending of NMA! I wish I had 13 billion naira, I would have paid it into the coffers of NMA and u'll see there'll nt only suspend the strike but also call it off as soon as the alert beeps in Obembe's Nokia 3310 fone. Watchout the strike wil end like ASUP and COESU!
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by aluunoble: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
@twoondei Lmao @ aspiring LLB. You'll qualify for a doctor's reply when you get your degree. Safe![/quote]

Lol ma broh! It's shamefully annoying why a mere employee (NMA) will hold his employer (FG) to ransome over some senseless demands! I'm ready for them tooth and nail. Let the public be enlightened. Everybody is important on this planet earth. Imagine wat wil happen if an embargo is placed on importation of food and all farmers mobilise to proceed on strike and markets shut dwn and farmers @ all level mobilise themselves and proceed on strike...am sure the level of famine wil be so drastic to the extent that NMA chairman or preisident I dnt knw wat they call him, Dr Obembe to eat his poo. Hence, the least farmer in the village is very important to humanity. The bottom line is that evrybody is important in life!
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by NobleIcon: 2:51am On Jul 23, 2014
aluunoble: @twoondei Lmao @ aspiring LLB. You'll qualify for a doctor's reply when you get your degree. Safe!

Lol ma broh! It's shamefully annoying why a mere employee (NMA) will hold his employer (FG) to ransome over some senseless demands! I'm ready for them tooth and nail. Let the public be enlightened. Everybody is important on this planet earth. Imagine wat wil happen if an embargo is placed on importation of food and all farmers mobilise to proceed on strike and markets shut dwn and farmers @ all level mobilise themselves and proceed on strike...am sure the level of famine wil be so drastic to the extent that NMA chairman or preisident I dnt knw wat they call him, Dr Obembe to eat his poo. Hence, the least farmer in the village is very important to humanity. The bottom line is that evrybody is important in life!
Hello bro, it's too much of this your noise making. You are taking this matter too personal and giving us the impression that you are feeling inferior in the field u said u are aspiring 4. If you are jealous of doctors salary, it's not late for you to go and retake waec and switch to science nd go 4 ur MBBS. Then you will know that bending is not working. Mtchwwwwww

1 Like

Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by prettyprettywow: 3:48am On Jul 23, 2014
NobleIcon: Hello bro, it's too much of this your noise making. You are taking this matter too far and giving us the impression that you are feeling inferior in the field u said u are aspiring 4. If you are jealous of doctors salary, it's not let for you to go and retake waec and switch to science nd go 4 ur MBBS. Then you will know that bending is not working. Mtchwwwwww
please dear, where can one buy jamb form? Biko, I want to write another jamb to study medicine so that I can become a super human. thanks and God bless

Yours faithfully,
Jamb hopeful

1 Like

Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by skippo(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2014
aluunoble: It's regrettably sad that the once hallowed NMA has lost public sympathy as a result of politicks of calumny, impunity and unhealthy rivalry. Shame on 'nma'! Ur relevance n public ratings are waning and dwindling down the drains. It's indeed laughable as this is the beginning of the end of 'enemy' sorry NMA. Stewpidity in an Open scandal. This is the 1st time in d annals of nma history dat they've embarked on a would-be futile n senseless strike action. I'm sure the pple nma has tagged 'support staff' would turn them to laughing stock as there'll soon return to work in shame. I was told nma had a 28-point demands and have now narrowed it down to SEVEN, THREE and just yesterday 21st July exactly 3 weeks into the strike narrowed it finally to One (1) major demand which hinges solely on money, 13 Billion Naira! Is this not ridiculous? Hmm na wa oh! This scenerio smacks of a failled project if u ask me an aspiring LLB. I wonder what Economists in this forum call this when juxtaposed with opportunity cost (I once had 28 demands n now 1 demand and Okonjo Iwela doesn't giv a bleep on ma surviving demand saying there is no money). This further buttresses d fact that nma and mdcan are self-conceited! It's now an open secret that this folks are after their pockets and not the patients' welfare as they earlier portrayed the matter to the public. What a shameless shame! The wayforward is the plan in the offing where salary of 1st degree holders in every sector will be same except allowances.Let's hv someone who studied engineering,business or public admin, pol science etc receive same salary as the medic and paramedics for once except their allowances. I see it coming to fruition.
lol,you are sooo pathetic its pathetic!wait till u get ur LLB and a paralegal(assuming you know what that means),wants to become an attorney general.I think you will know what we are talking about then.every profession may be important,but they are certainly not equal! ask the many people that want to bear the title of 'doctor' good luck to you in your 1st year exams in faculty of law,please put your head down and read,so you will pass your exams and become a lawyer in 5 years time.
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by aluunoble: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2014
NobleIcon: Hello bro, it's too much of this your noise making. You are taking this matter too far and giving us the impression that you are feeling inferior in the field u said u are aspiring 4. If you are jealous of doctors salary, it's not let for you to go and retake waec and switch to science nd go 4 ur MBBS. Then you will know that bending is not working. Mtchwwwwww

Hey inferiority complex is far from d issue under discuss! Docs hv turned themselves to professional clowns. Why is NARD developing cold feet of late as regards d strike? Did Dr. Obembe attend d meeting wit FG representatives on Moday or not? I was dully informed that your colleagues (NMA) mobilized themselves to vehemently oppose a public hearing scehuled by the house comittee on health for the establishment of Nat Post Graduate College of Medical Lab Science in the green chambers on the 16th of July unfortunately, their ulterior and obnoxious intents was an exercise in futility as the said bill has scaled through pub hearing successfully. It's often said that every rumor has some iota of truth, now can u refute the speculations that consultants under the aegis of MDCAN compulsorily levied themselves #50,000 while others under the NMA covert were mandated to pay #30,000 just to foot the bill of rivalry? Can u kindly give me an instance where NMA has won a court case since their inception over industrial dispute? The earlier you guyz realized that Obembe ur NMA chairman is bound for failure since his assumption as NMA boss the better for u guyz to chat a way forward. There's already misfeasance between NMA and NARD over this industrial brouhaha. Obembe just assumed office sometime in May after ur Nat Conference in Benin and decided to pick up an alternative forgone demand (Surgeon General) alongside a ridiculous demand of 'special plate number for docs' what a shameless agenda! Surgeon Gen to me will be attainable in Nigeria after the rapture. Yes, after the rapture if u r a xtian. It failed in Obasanjo's regime, and has failled woefully in the Senate when Sen. Ita Enang presented it to the senate early dis year. The House of Rep is a no go area for Nma as d agendum has failled times without number. Need I say I felt for Nma wen they manoeuvred their way into the Confab cmmtee on health and the said Surg Gen agenda was summarily thrown out of a nearby window in the Nat Judicial Council and was picked up by an aboki suyaman Gen to aid in wrapping suya for his customers...

In summary ma beloved friend, any agenda that is anti-pple n anti-development whether probagated by JOHESU or NMA in d health sector wil not only fail, but will die a natural death! Live and let's live broh...what is a sauce for the goose should also be a sauce for the gander. Period! Do have a fulfilled day!

1 Like

Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by aluunoble: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2014
prettyprettywow: please dear, where can one buy jamb form? Biko, I want to write another jamb to study medicine so that I can become a super human. thanks and God bless

Yours faithfully,
Jamb hopeful

My dear pls help me ask him. I only decided to comment on this madness being exhibited by NMA in d name of strike and not adumbrate because in an unjust society silence is a crime!
Re: FG Will Not Print Money To Pay Doctors by aluunoble: 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
aluunoble: [/color]
Thanks for ur witty piece of advice! Our citizens deserve the best. Very soon all the fatal mistakes and grievous harms caused by health care providers will no longer be shrouded in secrecy esp dat caused by d docs coz overtime, they their bosses tend to cover up a lot of tremendous havocs. I once met a female friend who told me how her cousin lost one of her beautiful eyz to a doc in one hospital in the middle belt in Nig (name withheld) as a result of callousness. Pls permit me to bug u wit d scenerio in a nutshell; her right eye was surgically removed after she was wrongfully diagnosed of a metastatic cancer of the eye. Her eye had already gone thro the powers of formalin fixative only for it to be discovered in the lab that the said queried pathologic progression was far from it. I now asked her what did ur dad do about it? She replied nothing the docs came begging... I bowed in awe! Dis's one too many. Very soon Nig patients will knw their rights in d health sector and there n then evry health care provider wil sit up! Only God heals, death is only delayed in d hospital as we are all mortals and the cold hands of death can come clinging unannounced anyhow, anywhere and anytime to both those who are claiming managerial dexterity of the patient and d woman in d village. Sanu!
[color=#006600]
skippo: lol,you are sooo pathetic its pathetic!wait till u get ur LLB and a paralegal(assuming you know what that means),wants to become an attorney general.I think you will know what we are talking about then.every profession may be important,but they are certainly not equal! ask the many people that want to bear the title of 'doctor' good luck to you in your 1st year exams in faculty of law,please put your head down and read,so you will pass your exams and become a lawyer in 5 years time.

Thanks for ur witty piece of advice! Our citizens deserve the best. Very soon all the fatal mistakes and grievous harms caused by health care providers will no longer be shrouded in secrecy esp dat caused by d docs coz overtime, they their bosses tend to cover up a lot of tremendous havocs. I once met a female friend who told me how her cousin lost one of her beautiful eyz to a doc in one hospital in the middle belt in Nig (name withheld) as a result of callousness. Pls permit me to bug u wit d scenerio in a nutshell; her right eye was surgically removed after she was wrongfully diagnosed of a metastatic cancer of the eye. Her eye had already gone thro the powers of formalin fixative only for it to be discovered in the lab that the said queried pathologic progression was far from it. I now asked her what did ur dad do about it? She replied nothing the docs came begging... I bowed in awe! Dis's one too many. Very soon Nig patients will knw their rights in d health sector and there n then evry health care provider wil sit up! Only God heals, death is only delayed in d hospital as we are all mortals and the cold hands of death can come clinging unannounced anyhow, anywhere and anytime to both those who are claiming managerial dexterity of the patient and d woman in d village.Less I 4get, it's an anathema to compare d hospital to the Judiciary as per the headship with ref to AGF u aforementioned.the post of the Chief Med Director is administrative, it's axiomatic to say that the office DOES NOT in anyway reflect clinical expertise to be manned but administrative and manegerial prowess. So anybody culd do d headship. Don't worry the clause 'medically qualified' is before the court of competent jurisdiction and I bet u the judgement will be in favor of the tailess cows in the health sector whom I see being backed by the God of justice. Sanu!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

8 Surprising Scientific Facts About Breastfeeding (PHOTO) / What Do I Do To Increase My Body Size / Total Life Changes Weight Loss Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.