Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! (26073 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' / Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by meme001: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: She must be ashamed of herself ...of all roles in a movie is only slave she can play msteeeew Okereke disgracing us since 1986
Disgrace ke? When will ppl like ù learnt to appreciate d hardwork of others? ð lady is jes moving up . Haba!!!!!!
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by tranxo(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
12 Years A Slave, Le Amistad, Roots etc., all have slaves playing the lead role. That the slave in this movie isn't the lead role doesn't take away the fact that our dear Stephanie is an accomplished actress in her own right.
There are roles (lunatic, prostitute, slave, gay etc.) that are very hard to act properly with total conviction, and it will take a seasoned and proven actor(ess) to get it, albeit a minor role.
Stephanie wants a way into Hollywood and if a minor role opens that way, so be it. CONGRATS Stephanie, keep making Nigeria proud.
PS:
Those yabbing about how they couldn't find the movie on Wiki, Youtube etc., common sense should have made you realise the OP made a mistake in the name of the movie, which is Boonville Redemption.
If you look at its Facebook Page, you'll see that this movie is currently undergoing production. So where do you want to see Trailers?
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Boonville-Redemption-The-Movie/617980531559265?_rdr
Stephanie is placed at number 6 in a list of 29 casts.
www.boonvilleredemption.com/?page_id=501
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by delishpot: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Dem no dey find better role give dem? Anyway, if she dey happy me self go happy with her.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by armadeo(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
annytee: Is acting a slave role in a movie degrading people sha!

Its their nollywood mentality.

Charlton Heston ..... Ben hur

Ejiofor c. 12 years a slave

Djimon honsou. .......amistad, gladiator.

And of course the almighty Spartacus.

You all screamed and watched these ' slave' movies, no be people act them.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by armadeo(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
tranxo: 12 Years A Slave, Le Amistad, Roots etc., all have slaves playing the lead role. That the slave in this movie isn't the lead role doesn't take away the fact that our dear Stephanie is an accomplished actress in her own right.
There are roles (lunatic, prostitute, slave, gay etc.) that are very hard to act properly with total conviction, and it will take a seasoned and proven actor(ess) to get it, albeit a minor role.
Stephanie wants a way into Hollywood and if a minor role opens that way, so be it. CONGRATS Stephanie, keep making Nigeria proud.

Exactly. You beat me to it.

1 Like

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by armadeo(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
dabossman:
So John Amos, Louis Gossett Jr, Ruby Dee, Djimon Hounsou, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Sidney Poitier and the many more who have played slave roles have never played anything else but slaves right?

You probably don't even know half of the names on that list. Don't worry, I understand.

That list you put up there tell me a lot....

Chop knuckle. You too much
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by kechywillz(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
make us proud
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by uzoexcel(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
d devil take 'ee, 'ee cursed swine. sad why, 'ee never could stand till 'ee got behind da wheelbarrow
#kidding, i saw that line in the 'cave dreamers' novel. grin
the irish and their curses
prof800: Wow... I wish her luck. smiley

***irish accent***

Come ere yor foin sexy slaiv... me love yor foin blue dress.
**grins** grin grin grin grin
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Odward(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
bennie224: Shameful!why does she have to play d role of a slave?It's like telling tom cruise to come play d role of a slave in a Nigerian movie,,Nollywood is a mess,,if i was given d chance to run d NGR movie industry,,i'ld have long gotten rid of people like this.
*shakes my head for you*Too much of hollywood action movies,Tom cruise nko,Jerry cruise nii.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by uzoexcel(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
nice one and well worded
armadeo:

Its their nollywood mentality.

Charlton Heston ..... Ben hur

Ejiofor c. 12 years a slave

Djimon honsou. .......amistad, gladiator.

And of course the almighty Spartacus.

You all screamed and watched these ' slave' movies, no be people act them.

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Itoroetti(m): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
MrRhymes101: *in sound sultan's voice* I PREFER TO LIVE LIKE A LION IN THE JUNGLE THAN TO STAY LIKE A DOG IN THE CITY

why did he featured wyclef in his songs?
why didnt he opt for ekwe?
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by donpizzle123: 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Happy for her.I hope she is the first of more nigerians to star in foreign movie.God bless naija.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by IYANGBALI: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
zizoo36: One of my best actresses. Nice one Stephanie!
she is always giving me a hard on
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by toprealman: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
You guys are just falling my hands! Lupita came to international prominence playing a slave too. She even won an oscar with other awards too numerous to mention. To get a waka pass role in Hollywood no be here something......dairiz god oh!
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by VillageBoi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
Well done Stephanie!!

Some of the comments na wa o!
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by tranxo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
justi4jesu: How some Nairalanders and Nigerians think really amaze me!

What is wrong in taking up the role of a Maid in a Hollywood movie. undecided

Dont despise your little beginnings...even the Bible says so.

Whether 21st Century or 200th Century who cares undecided

Keep it up jor, dont mind all these people and their yeye comments..mchetwwww

Dont quote me undecided undecided

No mind dem bad belle.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
IYANGBALI: she is always giving me a hard on

Lesbian alert!
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by judedwriter(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: She must be ashamed of herself ...of all roles in a movie is only slave she can play msteeeew Okereke disgracing us since 1986
Na wa 4 u! She is just doing her job as an actress-d make believe world. Even stars as halle berry, jamie fox, have acted as slaves. Leave her-na her job she dey do wink
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by adedayourt(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
sarmiie:

season 9 ??..

Yea season 9.
Seen d Whole 12 episodes already
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by gsparks01(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
didn't know she a veteran
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by tmanuelle(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2014

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by tmanuelle(m): 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2014

Tell them sir

If Kerry Washington could play a slave in Django Unchained, then I don't see anything strange or derogatory if Stephanie plays same in this new movie. Its just a character, she s only interpreting a role & that's makes her a veteran.
Moreso, they should have read the post before making comments, the character was suppose to be a slave, descendant from Nigeria, she's in better position to act that character than other Hollywood black ladies.
And they should never forget again that she's being paid to do her job in a foreign land, in the highest movie industry in the world. Its like if 2Face, a multiple MTV Award winner becoming a Grammy Award winner...even if its in the Up and Coming category, Africa or New Act category, Africa...its still the highest recognition in the Nigerian Music Industry.
What if she's their sibling, won't they be the first person to break this news to us on NL?
So I expect them to thank God for this lady & not otherwise.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
Go through Nigerian forum and you will suddenly realize the true definition of "BAD BELLE"

1 Like

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by JEITO: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
Doris, a girl whose generation were slaves from Nigeria...

So this is the best they have to offer? Whites! Always looking for a way to talk down on us.

And to say this is even a low budget movie from an un popular producer...
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Jaymima(f): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
Question or statement?
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by VantagePoint: 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
justineu: shatap ur mouth dere!!! Do u knw hw much she wil be paid in dat role So u expect her to play leadin role wen she is just startin in hollywood, dis chick frm kenye (lupital abi wetin dem call her) dat acted 12 YRS A SLAVE wat did she act? A SLAVE and she won an oscar,bet, wit dat and so many awards..y can't nigerians appreciat wat we av..just bunch of stupid pple arund..
lol.
He actually meant slave roles are not degrading.
His poor use, or lack of appropriate punctuation is the cause of confusion.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by MrRhymes101(m): 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Itoroetti:

why did he featured wyclef in his songs?
why didnt he opt for ekwe?
that is because wyclef recognises him as a king....mind u wyclef came to work on the tracks in naija not the other way round
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by trigonometry: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Y is it that itz only slavery we africans know how to act in hollywood movies?
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Yugosng(m): 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
What's up with all the banting and tirades people?! It's but a movie role. Lupita did it, she is also doing it...

[s]But I don't know why the shots from this flick shouts every bit of "12 years a slave"[/s] undecided...
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nicepoker(m): 12:02am On Jul 23, 2014
J12: Will she act a nude scene? I really want to see that...
english has suffered a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / BBNaija S6: Housemates Receive Their First Rewards / #AMVCA2018: Ebuka Obi-uchendu Steps Out In All White For Red Carpet Duties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.