Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Opening An Electronics Store - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opening An Electronics Store (6020 Views)

Opening An Account On 1688.com And Taobao.com Made Easy / Opening An Ebay Account After Paypal Verification In 9ja / Opening An In-house Betting (bookmakers) Shop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening An Electronics Store by acorntree(m): 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
I am opening a store that sells only electronics.
Do you know what are the necessary things I
have to buy and especially those that people
buy really fast? Do I have to consider location? I need your advice pls. Thanks in advance.
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by Gboliwe: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
acorntree: I am opening a store that sells only electronics.
Do you know what are the necessary things I
have to buy and especially those that people
buy really fast?
first go and understudy a successful electronics dealer. In other words, go an be an apprentice first, that way you will avoid this kind of questions and be able to grow speedily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opening An Electronics Store by acorntree(m): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gboliwe: first go and understudy a successful electronics dealer. In other words, go an be an apprentice first, that way you will avoid this kind of questions and be able to grow speedily
I can't go for any apprenticeship because I'm already engaged as full time government worker. I just need a side business apart from the normal job.

4 Likes

Re: Opening An Electronics Store by Gboliwe: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
acorntree: I can't go for any apprenticeship because I'm already engaged as full time government worker. I just need a side business apart from the normal job.
whatever is worth doing is worth doing very well.
This your attitude is what many investors put up and have their heavily invested projects toppling down.
There is no shortcut in this.

1 Like

Re: Opening An Electronics Store by acorntree(m): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gboliwe: whatever is worth doing is worth doing very well.
This your attitude is what many investors put up and have their heavily invested projects toppling down.
There is no shortcut in this.
. Are u saying I must go for apprenticeship b4 I venture into this kind of business. But I can't leave my job for that and secondly I think apprenticeship is meant for young people that are jobless.I know a lot about electronics. Im already into repair but I don't know much about electronics business. And at my age I don't think I can work under one oga that will be sending on errand
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by jta2012(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
Thanks ,all brands of electronics sell bt i wl advice u to start with the brands
that cost less than N5000.00 and hire an experienced sales boy or preferably
Girl as they are natural marketer .
What u need are -A shop with space,display frontage,Generator and initial capital
of not less than N250,000.00 on a small scale level.

av a nice day n prosperous electronic biz
jtaconsulting,Lagos,Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Opening An Electronics Store by acorntree(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
jta2012: Thanks ,all brands of electronics sell bt i wl advice u to start with the brands
that cost less than N5000.00 and hire an experienced sales boy or preferably
Girl as they are natural marketer .
What u need are -A shop with space,display frontage,Generator and initial capital
of not less than N250,000.00 on a small scale level.

av a nice day n prosperous electronic biz
jtaconsulting,Lagos,Nigeria.
Do u mean electronics like DVD etc. But N250000 is too low for starting such kind of business. I intend starting with 1m.
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by Gboliwe: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
acorntree: . Are u saying I must go for apprenticeship b4 I venture into this kind of business. But I can't leave my job for that and secondly I think apprenticeship is meant for young people that are jobless.I know a lot about electronics. Im already into repair but I don't know much about electronics business. And at my age I don't think I can work under one oga that will be sending on errand

SMH. So sorry for you. With this kind of attitude, you will not go far. This isn't a curse before you misconstrue it. Its an obvious fact.

If you know what to sell, you will also ask where to buy, if you knw where to buy, you will ask how to buy and at what price, when you know that, you will ask what number to buy and ask what your markup should be. All these things and much more are what you will learn if you will only humble your bloated self and learn.
If you can't learn, I'll advice you look for someone who knows the rudiments of the business but is incapacitated financially and invest in a such a person. Bearing in mind that you will act like a silent partner
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by acorntree(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
I still need more advice on this kind of business. I've tried to do a sort of feasibility study on this business but those who are directly into it are not opening up, maybe bec. Of fear of competition.

1 Like

Re: Opening An Electronics Store by ade2008(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
You need to get the experience first b4 starting any business.
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
acorntree: I can't go for any apprenticeship because I'm already engaged as full time government worker. I just need a side business apart from the normal job.
take his advise or your chances of succeeding are very slim.
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by zhikirullah(m): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hello...
Top of the day to you.

Our pices slashed down! Lets handle the bellow services on your behalf, you just relax, we guaranteed efficient service delivery.

Experience stress free and cost effective…
* Global procurement of your items such as fashion,
electronics, cars, tractors etc from USA, China, UK etc.
* Import/export (sea or ocean) to/from any country
* Custom clearing
* Warehousing of your items
(local or International)
* International merchants verification service
* Haulage services and
* Forex financing
Visit www.sclogisticsng.com,
Call or whatsapp (+234-8066353127), dayo.z@sclogisticsng.com
Give us referrals on any of our services and enjoys huge commission in return.
A service of America Air Sea Cargo Ltd.
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by VCP0AyF: 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
still available
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by NaijaPress: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
How To Start Electronics Store Business In Nigeria... https://www.ngbusiness.com.ng/electronic-shop/
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by Bitrusisa(m): 3:13pm On Feb 24
Customer interface unit>model>CU100
Re: Opening An Electronics Store by Bitrusisa(m): 3:18pm On Feb 24
AUTOMATIC LIQUID PACKAGING MACHINE>Model>AS1000

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Start Export Brokerage Business Without Capital / Exercise Books Ruling Machine For Sale / What Business Can I Do With N300,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.