Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics (8839 Views)

Medical Negligence In Nigerian University Clinics Has To Stop!!! / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October / Fertility Clinics Buy Sperm From Lagosians For N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2014
@TCD###$
DONT MIND D BEDRIDDEN MATRONS.....who give intrachinos injections.
Dey are suffering from PSYCHOSOCIAL COMPLEXES with a background INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
DEY INSTIGATED ABUSES.....
CLINICAL FEATURES OF INFERIORITY COMPLEX ARE ...
1)dey BUY cars, 4get proper registration only to hang stethoscopes front and back.

2)Dey feel fulfilled wen dating a med.doctor.

3)Dey all want their children to be med.doctors.

4)Dey feel happy wen lying beside a medical doctor in call rooms.

5)Dey just LOVE medical DOCTORS and dia sense of humour.

6)MOST of dem dat attack med. doctors wanted or were medical school drop outs (soooorrry)..

7)MOST MALE nurses feel dey shud be treated as MEDICAL DOCTORS...(what insurbodinatination!!!!!).

I CHERISH D JOHESU GUYS WHO WENT BACK TO MEDICAL SCHOOL TO ACQUIRE D PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF MEDICINE....dat shows DOGGEDNESS!!!!!

IF U CANT MAKE IT, PLS UR CHILDREN ARE THERE.
JUST TRAIN DEM WELL....DEY WIL ALWAYS DELIVER.
AFTER ALL ...NA MAMA DEY BORN PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by omicron(m): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2014
Hospital support staff should be content with their places within the hospital.

Beef, envy, jealousy and disrespect are hallmarks of the many amongst them who feel inferior.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by tunesoft(m): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2014
drered: So you'd rather kick them out to the streets than let them stay where they can get care even without you there? What version of the hippocratic oath did you take?
They practically don't kick dem out...the just write on paper..."discharge"....nd tell d patient am nomore responsible for u. so it's d patients choice to stay with d nurses or go out. Plus the nurses sef if they are dat confident shud tell dem to wait nd they will continue management...abi.. lets just say d masses know who's d boss of d team. unfortunately masses are not protestting

5 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by heykims(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2014
hmm

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by heykims(m): 8:05am On Jul 23, 2014
drered: So you'd rather kick them out to the streets than let them stay where they can get care even without you there? What version of the hippocratic oath did you take?
what part of d kidney do u use to reason
a. cortex b. medulla

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by HFOG(f): 8:05am On Jul 23, 2014
Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by sammhi(m): 8:19am On Jul 23, 2014
the answer to these incessant and unnecessary strikes in our public hospitals is as follows:
1. Govt should outsource the management of al the public hospitals . that way the employers of the institutions are not directly that of the FG. this will include the appointment of the CMD of the hospitals.
2. The FG will still be responsible for all payments/subsidies etc. as usual but this time through these hospital managers.
3. these hospital managers will be responsible for recruitment, training, promotion, termination and salaries of all the government hospitals staff staff .other aspect of management wil also be handle by these managers.
this is the only panacea for these irresponsible behaviour by medical and other paramedical staffs hospitals staff.
that way the hospital is run like a private hospitals with high efficiency and responsibility by all hospitals personnel.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Mbediogu(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2014
What nonsense! Nurses want Drs. ONLY to be stopped from registering clinics. Are doctors also to be banned from using their spare time to work in clinics established by non- doctors? The problem of nurses appears to be the doctors otherwise what difference exist between lives SAVEDhere or there?
Patients should be left in care of Johesu quacks during strikes. Do nurses leave their children in schools to be taught and cared for by cleaners, guardsmen etc, when teachers go on strike?
Those are also staff of the Education ministry. It all borders on medical commitment of doctors not to abandon patients even when going on legitimate strike, especially if they can get help elsewhere. Elsewhere might be private, mission, NGO etc center.
Nurses can care for patients when doctors are away. Even when there is no strike, patients are better cared for by their relatives who usually stay with them. The harshness of nurses to patients is well known. Why do they have to wait for strike to nurse well?
Most rural hospitals are run without doctors. That is true, and those hospitals are were the worst health atrocities are done by Johesu. Doctors will soon start rejecting such cases, and nurses will start shouting ethics, as if medical and nursing ethics are of the same depth.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by VantagePoint: 8:29am On Jul 23, 2014
lakamua: I like d silence of doctors. action speaks louder than words. still wondering why nurses should let pharmacist carry them along their selfish path. maybe somebody needs to let them know their job. you cant spend a whole 5yrs in school to be a drug dispenser and count yourself important in the hospital. leave the hospital for those who really know what patient care is about and go make drugs. stop poisining the minds of important health workers.
Pharmacy is much more involved than drug dispensing, and they're very important in the hospital setting.
Back to topic, majority of 'hospitals' in Nigeria are not run by medical doctors, but by male nurses, lab scientists, and so on (this is a fact).
Also, there's no law anywhere that prohibits medical doctors, after a certain number of years of professional experience, from establishing private hospitals, as long as they're reputable.
True, a lot of cases like deliveries and minor procedures can be handled by skilled nurses and midwives, but a visit to the medical ward of any general hospital will tell you the cases there are beyond their level of expertise (Even when doctors were not on strike, patients were advised to go to these health centres to reduce the workload on general hospitals).
Sentiment aside, a doctor, anywhere in the world occupies a central and coordinating role in the medical team. People who say otherwise aren't just truthful and have ulterior motives.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by bobod: 8:50am On Jul 23, 2014
There is no need for enmity between doctors and nurses. They are complimentary. Doctors however have more in depth training. This does no mean seniority, but greater responsibility in the clinical teams. This also translates into higher remuneration for doctors in all developed countries. The financial incentive is to acknowledge their greater responsibility , not necessarily qualifications. We have nurses and other clinical team members with sometimes higher degrees, but still get paid less because the responsibility they carry is not as much..
I don't think it will be smart to prevent doctors from having private practices. It can only lead to boom in illegal clinics and of course trust naija private clinics will open in Benin republic and Togo established by Nigerians and leading to capital flights.

The government should negotiate and doctors should go back to work as soon as negotiations starts.
No blaming.

Doctors should not strike. Other staff should not fight doctors.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by biomedixexcel(m): 8:55am On Jul 23, 2014
That will bring an end to their incessant threats
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by lamzyano: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2014
TCD: All useless propaganda. Only a fool will listen to this people. Just yesternight in the middle of the night I was woken up that a senior matrons child has been convulsing and unconsious I should please come and help. Last week was also called when one of thems children had sickle cell crises. And these are very senior nurses o. They themselves know they won't dare take their unconscious children to radiographers, lab scientists and A$E nurses. The other day the ones in labour room took delivery and the woman started pouring blood like tap she was discharged sharply to go find a doctor to sort her out in a private clinic. We had to eventually take out that womans womb to save her life. Poor woman had ruptured her uterus due to injudicious uses of oxytotics by those clowns in a woman with two previous scars. When they shyte hits the fan or when their own relations fall into serious trouble they know who to call, meanwhile they will be advising the gullible public to come patronise them. I laugh in french
PassingShot: This type of confussion is what happens when everything is politicized.
Let those that the caps fit wear them. Give doctors their due RESPECT and there wont be any need for this brouhaha!
The field of health care profession is a pyramid in which the doctors sit at the top. No more no less!
Not until we stop all these unnecessary beefing, our health system will continue to be in limbo.
My 50 kobo.

WalAhi!...... Una get brain die
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2014
SINCE JOHESU NOW CLAIM PATIENTS......
MY RESOLUTIONS ARE...:
Dey shud stand at HOSPITAL GATES..with d aim of asking patients what they need, since dey own d patients..
DEN MEDICAL DOCTORS......shud raise different ancillary healthcare givers for themselves.....
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Drdreluv: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2014
Op is brainless, stopin people from doing biz.....pointless
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by myspnigeria: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2014
We will get to the end of this one day
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by anytexy: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2014
That will be great and they should as well stop all level of govrnent officials from going to Adroad for medical attention. More especially the political office holders. Double gbam.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by nursemyke: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2014
most people responding do not read the post very well. the physicians, surgeons and dentistists in govt owned hospitals are they civil or public servants, are they affected the public or civil service rule, should they after gingantous remunuration from govt tax payers money still go ahead to estsblish private practice where they either divert patient to or stay away from official work to attend to private work. who are medical and paramedical in the hospital, what qualifies a dentist as a medical and member of NMA. well let the govt who pays decide.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by timowale: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2014
Spuggie:

Hey dude, dis just go to shows how conversant u are with the health sector,but here you are commenting....its not cool that you insulted drkay....just to minimize any confusion, am a doctor and a doctor owns the patient and that why a doctor is held reSponsible if anything goes wrong and a doctor gives referral letter should the patient decide to leave.......if the doctor who is in charge is going on strike wats the point of leaving the patient in bed.....go get some education dumbass and as for the JOHESU, I am yet to figure out between you and them who have a higher IQ
I believe its rather you that needs some more enlightenment and orientation into what is the current 'acceptable best practices the world over.Nigeria had spent so much time in ignorance placing much premium on paper certification in place of skill acquisition combined putting its citizens at the mercies of certifified killers in disguise as medical practitioners.our nation should wake fast from its long sleep and get accostumed to what has become the best practise of care in which competencies in separate chosen fields in health management are given the pride of place.let nurses,doctors 'pharmacists and other professioners rise to the peak of their separate careers and watch the unimaginable progress that comes thereafter.I rest my case!
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
When 'nurses' start admitting, discharging and certifying patients (or dead bodies) than they can stop medical doctors from sending in-patients out of hospital when on strike.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
lakamua: I like d silence of doctors. action speaks louder than words. still wondering why nurses should let pharmacist carry them along their selfish path. maybe somebody needs to let them know their job. you cant spend a whole 5yrs in school to be a drug dispenser and count yourself important in the hospital. leave the hospital for those who really know what patient care is about and go make drugs. stop poisining the minds of important health workers.
crap...
In OAU, Pharmacist spend 5 years in school, and 1 year internship. Doctors spends 6 years in school and 1 year house job. Difference is one year! and who told you pharmacy is all about dispensing? Men, stop reasoning like an illiterate. In developed countries, pharmacist are in the forefront of drug research and cure for terminal diseases. Pharmacist counsel patients too on use of drugs and it's effect. I have had a prescription modified by a pharmacist here in Canada.

As a matter of fact, faculty of pharmacy is the most difficult to graduate from in OAU. note: I studied engineering.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Spuggie: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
timowale:
I believe its rather you that needs some more enlightenment and orientation into what is the current 'acceptable best practices the world over.Nigeria had spent so much time in ignorance placing much premium on paper certification in place of skill acquisition combined putting its citizens at the mercies of certifified killers in disguise as medical practitioners.our nation should wake fast from its long sleep and get accostumed to what has become the best practise of care in which competencies in separate chosen fields in health management are given the pride of place.let nurses,doctors 'pharmacists and other professioners rise to the peak of their separate careers and watch the unimaginable progress that comes thereafter.I rest my case!

@ doctors being certified killers, seriously!!!!!!!
U Are taking this personal, dude, u are deluded......u need help, go see a shrink
By the way, medical schools around the country are still taking students........just thought you might want to know
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by mempsi: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
i am just tired about doctors shouting they own the patient. where is it written in the hospital scheme of work about this claim.
The simple truth is hospital own the patients not doctors, docs shld only conduct their own job on the patient. doctor should not be over obsessive, just do your own part of the care. shikena.

Note: i will advice doctors to resume work immediately or face God wraths and further disgrace from the nigerian populace.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Cmanforall: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nurses Oath

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by kinguwem: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
I think the nurses have lost focus. I thought nurses own midwifery homes & chemists. Do they want to have private hospitals/clinics.
Lets be serious for once. I thought they are laws guiding the ownership of private hospitals.
Stopping doctors who are public servants from owning private hospitals is like preventing any other civil servant from being engaged in any other activities outside the working hours.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by armadeo(m): 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
timowale:

Park well joor! This best international practices you have been shouting were is the proof it obtains in hospital facilities.

The paper certificates are they dashed to the drs. Please state your case devoid of emotions.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by armadeo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
mempsi: i am just tired about doctors shouting they own the patient. where is it written in the hospital scheme of work about this claim.
The simple truth is hospital own the patients not doctors, docs shld only conduct their own job on the patient. doctor should not be over obsessive, just do your own part of the care. shikena.

Note: i will advice doctors to resume work immediately or face God wraths and further disgrace from the nigerian populace.

Another post devoid of logic and crammed with emotions. A hospital owns patient. Who in the hospital is responsible for the patient. If you go to the hospital let the buildings treat you.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by timowale: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
Spuggie:

@ doctors being certified killers, seriously!!!!!!!
U Are taking this personal, dude, u are deluded......u need help, go see a shrink
By the way, medical schools around the country are still taking students........just thought you might want to know

my statement that Nigerians put certifification above skill acquisition combined with is incontestible.its this same mentality that is ingrained in an average Nigerian
I suppose a more civil way to prove superiority in any setting' hospital as a case study should be on the job performance,use of human skills and expertise in the use of mordern technology to solve health problems and not in talking bullshit as u have just proven on this platform.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by ubongutioh(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
pembisco:

..and u ar dulll. No iidiate owns any patient. Any moment a patient is at any health woka's service, dt woka is respnsible fo d patient. If a patient is at lab, he belongs to d scientist, same wit pharmacy nd ward.
You are a bloody fool and a first class illiterate. Doctors admit patients and they own the right to discharge when they deem it fit.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by xanchu: 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
Its amazing for someone to say everyone owns a patient at certain point! Men!!! That hilarious and crazy, so the gate man owns the patient @ the gate and the porter owns the patient @ what point, where does the generator operator own the patient and where does the hospital cook own the patient? Where does the morgue attendant own the 'patient'.

Let all government officials take treatment in nigeria and all 'clinics and maternity (mortality centres) owned by nurses be closed down.

Its the choice of patients to decide who owns them in the hospital, therefore, since the hospitals are opened, the consultants in JOHESU can admit willing patients!

Last week a nurse injected herself bolus Intravenous Penicillin and went into shock.
Another nurse set an inverse intravenous(intra tissue) line for a few months old baby. If not for timely intervention, the hand would have been due for amputation. That's the skills that wants same salary as doctors.

In developed world, its visible to the blind and audible to the deaf, the disparity between all health workers, doctors and others in skills, level of training, duration of training and pay.

When JOHESU went on strike, they locked up all hospital equipments and doctors worked without complaining. Now doctors are on strike, left the hospital carrying only their heads on the shoulder which is rightfully theirs(I mean, na u get my head) And JOHESU sues NMA to court. This clearly shows who owns a patient, who runs the hospital and who heads the team. As it is said, "strike the shepherd, and the sheep scatters". "Where the carcass is, the vultures gather"
Let's see sense into the truth and for once fight for the truth.
Let the nurses and their co JOHESU admit and manage patients. And let the doctors be put to shame by a decrease in morbidity and mortality rates.(If wishes were horses...)

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by ije30: 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
#
#...........................................................................................

Its quite unfortunate that the first comment I have to make on nairaland is on ur usless post. Can I ask u a simple question? Why are u scared of the pharmacists? Dont u realize that without them u cant even get a single drug to treat the soo called patient which u own? My dear if u dont kwn, these professional are the main reason why the patient come to the hospital. Or why not after performing the surgical procedure, u just give ur patient water and ask them to go home...I think its high time u guys appreciate the role of a pharmacist in drug development and research, synthesis and manufacture of drugs, drug design, determination of drug half life and dosing, therapeutic drug monitoring, resolution of drug therapy problems as a result of ur numerous prescription errors. Am ashamed that all u think of a pharmacist is as a dispenser....it just goes to show how empty u are inside and in issues concerning the pharmacist. .. I pity u my dear...
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Areolad: 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
Whoever wrote this needs to be helped he'll surely benefit from Mental State Examination.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
JOHESU.! JOHESU!! JOHESU!!!!!!.
HOW many times did i call u guys...?
Y die in silence and envy, when JAMB forms are on sale.
EVEN private universities can absorb U.....dats if u have ur cash.
U SPEND TIME HATING D PROFESSION DAT FEEDS U, only to ENVY med.DCOTORS.
Little wonder, u produce ABSURD RESULTS....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Age Range Blood Pressure. Pls Take Note / Monavie - A Blend Of The Famous Brazilian Acai Berry / Hair Wonder:the Lasting Solution To Hair Loss And Hair Breakage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.