Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World (29546 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by Lagosboy: 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2009
Kai hope u no go fall into yaho yahoo hand o!!!
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by luka1981(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2009
please ugwu, is better you wait till june because if we keep on giving this italians any amout they demand it will cause them to increase the money again, remember you will still pay visa fee, legalization fee,lawyers fee,logistic fee,service fee,processing fee,lawyers bribe and investigations fee.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by uzwu: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ unipol

Thanks a lot! I willl get in touch with the person. As per scammers, I know how to handle them. Thanks all the same wink
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by unipol(m): 12:53am On Mar 06, 2009
okay
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by blacksta(m): 9:26pm On Mar 06, 2009
This is corruption at the highest level. I dont suspect the Italians i would think it is the Nigerians working at the embassy. Only God can save this Country. Anything Nigeria = corruption.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by unipol(m): 8:43am On Mar 07, 2009
blacksta:

This is corruption at the highest level. I dont suspect the Italians i would think it is the Nigerians working at the embassy. Only God can save this Country. Anything Nigeria = corruption.

the italians use nigerians to practice this corruption, because they intentionally made their website for visa appointment reachable to corrupt link only. so it is italian corruption not nigerian. because this corruption came from inability of nigerians to book their appointment through www.italy-ng.com and now they have to pay another 30,000 naira and above to get link to apply for appointment.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by blacksta(m): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2009
unipol:

the italians use nigerians to practice this corruption, because they intentionally made their website for visa appointment reachable to corrupt link only. so it is italian corruption not nigerian. because this corruption came from inability of nigerians to book their appointment through www.italy-ng.com and now they have to pay another 30,000 naira and above to get link to apply for appointment.

Why is this not happening in other italian embassy around the world, why only Nigeria.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by unipol(m): 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2009
blacksta:

Why is this not happening in other italian embassy around the world, why only Nigeria.

if you tell me that nigeria caused the whole corruption i will believe you, because they believe that nigeria is a place where you can practice any corruption and go free. but as for what is happening currently in italian embassy, it is being sponsored by the italians working in the embassy. but the unability of nigerian government to fight corruption contributed also. now the italians are fast becoming the most corrupt agent in nigeria
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by afleck: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2009
get ready to be maggered! this format done well well!
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by bluegenie(m): 2:16pm On May 01, 2009
It seems some unscrupulous Nigerians are conniving with them to commit such atrocities.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by luka1981(m): 3:35pm On May 21, 2009
yes
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by danieljeez: 8:21pm On May 21, 2009
This nsk guy is a mad man
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by Obaaluwe: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2009
The problem I have with the so called consulate is that you never can get information from them.
They will tell you to write to a particular email address, you will never get a response. It is worse if you try to call them on phone. If you go to their consulate in Lagos, nobody except the security on contract that will be giving you half baked information while their supposed white masters are indoors.

Worse still is if you are trying to obtain information from our own Ministry of foreign affairs, send them a mail from their website, you will wait till eternity before you get a response if any.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by dignity200: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2009
we can together stop this mans inhumanity against man. by the italian embasy . ist of all we have to sue the embasy at there ministry of external affairs italy and nigeria- then we have to make a secerat tape and vidio to be send to italia strica noticia in italy, we organise a non voilent demostration inviting the cnn and other medias-iwe must make sue we get a lot of evidense at hand- it is an insult. i have travelled to all part of the world but have not seen an embasy like this.i know there secrete . i need is people to start it , i am going to sponsor it.interested people should get me on line,
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by misumi: 2:27pm On Apr 20, 2010
I agree with you.Indeen all the Embassy in Nigeria are corrupt. Same thing happend to me at the German Embassy Lagos. I tried booking for an appointment online, i was ask to pay some money 1500 naira through some bank did everything at the end the appointment was cancel when i got there.The next thing i was told to do is get an appointment by calling the Embassy line which you will never get through all you hear is "the number you calling is not available please try again later" to cut the story short, a Man working there ask me to pay 70,000 that he will help get the appointment online. Within an hour i was giving a number for my appointment,went for my interview recieved my visa. isnĀ“t the same number and online appointment i tried getting myself? I pray they dont sleep well after collecting somuch money from people.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by luka1981(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2010
what a shame to these animals called themselves europeans.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by pchidi: 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
I DO NOT KNOW FOR OTHER YEARS BUT FOR 2010 I PAID MY APPOINTMENT FEE TO GT. BANK OPENED THEIR WEB SITE AND A DATE WAS GIVEN FOR INTERVIEW.WITH THIS I DISAGREE WITH THE CORRUPT CHARGE.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by nedostic: 11:26pm On Jun 14, 2010
pchidi, what kind of visa did u apply for?did u get it and what is the visa process like in terms of days?pls like to hear from u.many thanx
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by pchidi: 10:39am On Jun 15, 2010
Nedoskic The type of visa is inmaterial am not trying to say that they are angels but the visa appliers should be exercising patience,Nigerians are always in a hurry in what ever they do,thereby forcing themselves to unwarranted expenses.This websites are always busy to the extent that you feel they does not exist. We always want to be given visa in two days,therefore finding it difficult to follow the do process,even in day to day ativities within us.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by agenta999(f): 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2010
Italy and Nigeria are becoming partners in corruption, what a shame.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by unipol(m): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2010
agenta999:

Italy and Nigeria are becoming partners in corruption, what a SHAME

About to form organisation of corrupt nations. O.C.N
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by unipol(m): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2010
angry angry angry
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by luka1981(m): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2010
italy leads, nigeria follows
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by bebe4(f): 5:13am On Sep 08, 2010
Na true oooooooo my fellow, what a public disgrace to us Nigerian!!! We have to do something. post all the comment in a newspaper and via internet where ppl can read. Send it to italians forum where they can read it, so little step, things will begin to change
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by tony13: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2010
Please what are you guys going to do in Italy,no job,no business,hounded by police,immigration and mafia.

no where to sleep even in London,some sleeping in church,now immigration comes to church to arrest illegal immigrant.

i am always ready in church to confront the police or divert there attention so that my brother can escape.

why,even i live in Europe i do not go there(ITALY), as a Nigerian i have seen suffering by my fellow country men.

i cry,i saw a Nigerian guy spend 3 yrs to get to France he live with prostitute.

oh i cry.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by luka1981(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2011
which way nigeria?
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by stone4rock(m): 3:05pm On May 18, 2011
luka1981:

which way nigeria?
those people are full of shit. 3 of my clients submitted their applications to d embassy since 25/03/11 and am glad 2 tell u dat we have not heard anything from dem yet. they claim 2 have backlogs, after your proposed travel date elapse they will send you a sorry letter that u cannot be issued visa , hmmmm italian embassy
1luv.
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by daroz(m): 8:47am On May 20, 2011
I think the issue of the appointment has been fixed.
But I dont really understand how this Italian Embassy operate. My younger brother submitted his lavoro(work permit) Visa application form, along with his passport since on the 23rd of september, 2010. My mum also submitted her family reunion visa application form/passport sometime in january. On each occasion, they where asked to start checking from 2weeks time. But up till this very moment, non of the visa/passport is ready for collection. We call almost on daily basis, they will always ask us to call the next day or the day after. Recently, they gave us a link through which we can track the applications, it saved us the stress of calling, but the issue is still not solved. Does it actually take this long to get a visa from the italian embassy? Can someone pls enlighten me on what is going on and advice me on what to do?
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by stone4rock(m): 12:15pm On May 20, 2011
daroz:

I think the issue of the appointment has been fixed.
But I dont really understand how this Italian Embassy operate. My younger brother submitted his lavoro(work permit) Visa application form, along with his passport since on the 23rd of september, 2010. My mum also submitted her family reunion visa application form/passport sometime in january. On each occasion, they where asked to start checking from 2weeks time. But up till this very moment, non of the visa/passport is ready for collection. We call almost on daily basis, they will always ask us to call the next day or the day after. Recently, they gave us a link through which we can track the applications, it saved us the stress of calling, but the issue is still not solved. Does it actually take this long to get a visa from the italian embassy? Can someone pls enlighten me on what is going on and advice me on what to do?
Men am really sorry about dat. so u mean your folks applications had stayed dat long? i think the major problem is from the embassy itself. they have serious backlog, a friend of mine works there and he explained how sluggishly visa applications are attended to. they have heavy backlogs, they lack human power and are unwilling to implore more hands all in the name of budget that is not sufficient to pay more staffs. There is a particular lady that attends to application from EU citizen via the window cos those set of people are not meant to apply through VFS. the other lady attends to applications from Benin (french speaking country). those are the set of people that could access applications before its been transmitted for visa issuance. lately a bunch of applications was sent from Abuja and are yet to be attended to for close to a month. So what do u think will become of lagos applications? so many individuals visit the italian embassy everyday to lay complaint nd even make troubles, while some are in the verge of revoking their applications but it has always ball down to the same story, (They are working on it) at times they give you a number to keep calling.
My broda i think you just have to keep praying, tracking and calling. those are just d primary alternative @ d moment.
1luv
Re: Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World by prints(m): 1:12pm On May 20, 2011
I am really surprised reading all these things here. I know the Norwegian embassy certainly do not treat people so badly. However, you must have sth really serious to do in Norway (e.g. study, work, or be with ur spouse) before u would be granted a visa. Also their visa fees and verification fees arnt cheap either. In all it makes no sense to even bother trying except you know you are well qualified, and if u are u would surely be granted a visa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 People Crushed To Death In Fatal Accident Caused By Customs Officials. Photos / Udom Constructing Drainage On Atabong Road In Eket (Photos) / South Africa Refuses Air Peace Landing Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.