Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

Aimed At Creating Jobs, Whats Your Take? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Aimed At Creating Jobs, Whats Your Take? (464 Views)

Searching For Jobs/creating Jobs / Don't Look For Job,start Creating Jobs!!! / Start Creating Jobs: Provide Services In A Market Pace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aimed At Creating Jobs, Whats Your Take? by klassic(m): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2014
bushdoc9919: So,here is the reason why these school drop outs are billionaires

1.In the developed world,it is far easier to set up a business because light and water are constant.(In Nigeria,your overheads are eaten up by generator costs).

2.The education system in the developed world(at all levels). is good at training students in problem solving. As an example....the guy who invented that spray you saw used in the World Cup when free kicks were taken invented it after getting sent off for arguing with the ref about the position of the ball for a free kick in a game he was playing in....he is a footballer.(Now in Nigeria,we will never think of that because our education system is just facts in,facts out).

3.Western cities do their utmost best to make themselves attractive to investors.And they do this by improving themselves. Micorosoft has its HQ in a out of the way American town...because said town made themselves attractive (Nigeria? Most Nigerian communities are busy chasing away the non indigenes to care).

How can we have our Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg? Well, it starts by changing our education system into a problem solving one. Students in JSS2 in a school in the North,for example, can be given a barren infertile piece of land and told to grow maize on it aspart of their Agricultural Science practicals, instead of just planting maize in the school farm.....while students in SS2 can be given a project to improve maize yields in the same school farm. And in one year....you have a fresh crop of problem solvers.

This was a nairalander's suggestion, below was the submission i made. What do you think? Will it work?

I concur with your submission. We need more practicals not theories of those that made. My eastern brothers have this vision though i am not from the east, i love their style and if we can replicate their model all over the country in and out of schools, we wont have unemployment problem and exploitation of the youth. Kano state was doing the same thing the last time i was in that state and i witnessed how a suffering photographer became a big fish farmer in less than a year.
Example of eastern brother's model: At a tender age or after secondary school, U go learn a trade, serve for a while and learn all the tricks. About two years to graduating , your master or head teacher hands the business technically over to you and you get stocks from the market, handle sales and render accounts. By the time you graduate you are well equipped to run your own business and admit new students. Most of them have graduates at their beck and call even though they are not graduates while some return back to school to get their first degree just for the fun of it. The success rate of the model is quite high and i made rate it 70%
The second model i witnessed while schooling in kano as the self reliance program, werein the state government admitted into various institutions and they were trained in fish farming (aqua culture), crop farming,poultry, barbing saloon, etc, for a duration. at final year, they are giving a prototype business to handle for months and if they do well in it, it becomes their and government provides more funding to the amount of 250k. If Federal government, NYSC, in conjunction with PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR can llok into this model and develop it, it will go a long way at reducing poverty rate and employment in the society.
My suggestion is this, NYSC extended to cover a span of 18 months to 2 years and should be made more practical oriented. Corpers are drafted after orientation to various fields such as poultry farms, marketing, aqua culture farms , welding, boat building, crop farming , Small business enterprise and make them get first hand practical experience , 70% of their allowances should be withheld , government, parents and PPA's should take care of the corpers primary need such as housing and feeding. Towards to the end of the service year if the corper so desire, he can apply to extend his service for another 6 months to enable him/her finalize his or her skills, after which Government , the respective PPA supervisor, the corper and his /her family should use the money to set up such business or outfit for the corper and it should be closely monitored by the financing bank. After the first 18 months loans be made available at 2-6% rate to such an outfit for expansion and such loan should be payable within 3 years. If this model is well modeled , Nigeria will be great again. I rise.
Re: Aimed At Creating Jobs, Whats Your Take? by klassic(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2014
Please your comment and suggestions are welcomed. So we can look for an NGO to help us champion this course and help the Nigeria Youth

(1) (Reply)

Corporate Gift Rapper Needed Urgently / Barber Wanted For Employment / Job Vacancy (magazine Editor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.