Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,082 members, 7,818,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Berger Paints Gets New Chairman, Targets Improved Operations - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Berger Paints Gets New Chairman, Targets Improved Operations (484 Views)

CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate / Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export / Finally, NITEL Gets New Buyer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Berger Paints Gets New Chairman, Targets Improved Operations by bullsnbearsng: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2014
The new Chairman of Berger Paints Nigeria Plc, Dr. Oladimeji Alo, has pledged to help the company improve its operations and regain its leadership position in its industry.

The company, which announced the emergence of Alo as the company’s chairman in a statement on Tuesday, said the development followed the retirement of Mr. Clement Olowokande as Berger Paints’ chairman.

Also, was quoted in the statement as saying he considered his appointment as a great honour, while pledging to work in the company’s best interest.

He said, “I feel humbled by the appointment, considering the great strides the company had recorded under some of the best minds in corporate Nigeria in its fifty-five years of existence.

“In accepting the appointment, I commit to working with my colleagues on the board to give the company the guidance and direction it needs to regain its leadership position in its sector.”

According to the statement, Alo holds a PhD in Industrial Sociology from the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), is a management consultant and a corporate governance enthusiast, among other things.

The company’s erstwhile chairman, Olowokande, said Alo had been instrumental to the “reingineeering of Berger Paints since he joined the board in 2012.

He added, “He brings to the table his wealth of experience in corporate governance and human resource management, which will be very beneficial to the next phase of growth which the company is currently going through. I have no doubt in his capacity to steer this company in the right direction.”

Source: Punch
bullsnbearsng.com

(1) (Reply)

Corporate Or Individual Clients, Who Do You Prefer? Lets Discuss / Booking Of Flight Local And International Airline / Important Info:Changes To ATM Usage Fees By Central Bank Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.