Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,997 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance (20668 Views)

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k / NYSC To Place Corps Members On Public Service Salary Scale / NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by igbokwesampson(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) says it is working toward placing corps members on a public service salary scale to stop frequent agitation for a review of their allowances.

Its Director-General, Brig. Gen. Johnson Olawumi, said this at a media chat on Tuesday in Abuja.
He said that already, the scheme was collaborating with the National Salaries and Wages Commission to concretise the proposal.

Olawumi said that the scheme had made series of attempts at the National Assembly to secure an adjustment in the allowances of the corps members, adding that such attempts had been unsuccessful.

He said that the scheme had taken the matter before the wages commission for a solution, adding that the current N19, 800 monthly allowances for corps members was inadequate in view of the economic situation in the country.

The NYSC boss also announced the resuscitation of the Presidential Award to corps members who had excelled in their service to the nation, adding that the 2013 and 2014 editions would hold this year.

“It (award) was instituted in 1974 with the purpose of rewarding corps members that distinguished themselves through selfless service to their host communities.

“The 2012 and 2013 editions of the award will be hosted later in the year along with the 2014 edition and preparations are already in top gear in this regard.’’

On request for corps members’ relocation, Olawumi said that such requests were approved only on marital and health grounds.

“However, with the current security situation in some states of the country, the scheme applies the doctrine of necessity when corps members apply for relocation on security reasons.

“In such instances, the corps members get relocated automatically; but not to a state of their choice.’’

He, however, warned that the scheme had concluded arrangement to punish those corps members who presented fake health report to aid their relocation, adding that the drastic action would be applied to all those caught in the act to serve as a lesson to others.

Meanwhile, Olawumi said that more than 2.7 million graduates had passed through the scheme since its inception in 1975.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/nysc-place-corps-members-public-service-salary-scale/
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Project400: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nice development smiley

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by obayaya(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
They should implement that as soon as possible mbok

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by freshness2020: 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
goodnews for my main man Arkman....hope at last.
But Coordinator Rivers state Corpers, we are still waiting for our state Alawee Oº°˚˚°ºo. .. Since ♈όϋ guys refused us jobs let's use the one ♈όϋ re withholding to set up something reasonable! Time no D̶̲̅ε̲̣y abeg!

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by hakku: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
thank jah.abeg make dem implement am sharp sharp b4 i go service.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by YoursGEJ(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
good move. They deserve it
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by MizMyColi(f): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
End Time shocked shocked

*thinking aloud* If I go back to school now for a four year course, I will make it for NYSC and have a year and some months remaining

Well undecided undecided Its no use. cheesy

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by TokyoBulls(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
If they do the same job as a civil servant, they can and should be paid as a civil servant.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
Really great news.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Vincenzi: 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
Wow! Very good developement. At least,one would finish up NYSC with a substantial amount to start life.
Wish it was during my time...lol.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by ednut1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
undecided jst scrap the bloody scheme, it has failed

11 Likes

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by EagleScribes: 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good move. I hope it won't be tainted with corruption. Trust naija
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Bunchersstab(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2014
grin grin shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided

I think am going bak to skul, am ready to start afresh.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by ejidokun(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Lovely,i just hope it is true
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by otalenu(m): 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good news, they deserve it.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by nerodenero: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
Intended Corp members should only celebrate when they start collecting the new salary.Too much of paper work and reports that are nevet implemented.Above all,it is a step in the right direction

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Johncuppa(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
I pray they implement it this year.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by aweza: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
igbokwesampson:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/nysc-place-corps-members-public-service-salary-scale/

if this is true then its a welcomed development;p.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by smudge2079(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dats great..
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
It's good only if the implementation starts from B14.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by duby91(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
freshness2020: goodnews for my main man Arkman....hope at last.
But Coordinator Rivers state Corpers, we are still waiting for our state Alawee Oº°˚˚°ºo. .. Since ♈όϋ guys refused us jobs let's use the one ♈όϋ re withholding to set up something reasonable! Time no D̶̲̅ε̲̣y abeg!

hehe! so u still dey wait for state allowee? which year?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by otalenu(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
Bunchersstab: grin grin shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided

I think am going bak to skul, am ready to start afresh.

Haba, you don't need that. Try to leave it for your grandson/daughter

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by hayoakins(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
fingers crossed!

Candidly, how do you expect a young adult to survive in possibly an unknown terrain with just 19,000NGN only for 30days
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Cheeun(f): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
It's a good development.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by sisiafrika(f): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
Something sinister about this news!

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by colossus2: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
In the year 2017 I guess
#yawns
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Horlawoomey(m): 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
I don't give a damn about it cos too much expectations lead to disappointment.... All I care about is a stable job with a nice income after the service. .... C14

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by shadowwalker101: 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
yh too much expectation leads to dissappointment
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by BUSHHUNTER: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
Just scrap d shit

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by NobleAky(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
Not until somebody who knows Olusengun Mimiko of Ondo tells him to pay me my outstanding allowance of 60k his government is owing me since my POP in 2012 and he does exactly that will i believe this craps!

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nice idea, waiting for implementation!

I doubt mama Ngozi will provide the funds to pay since she has started shouting that Nigeria's wage bill is in trillions now.
Re: NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance by Caseless: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
obayaya: They should implement that as soon as possible mbok
lertee, ur rich senator de here de fight for allawee 4 hia. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How my 4months Salary As Kogi Corper Worth N168,000 was stolen / The Fear Of A Corp Member / Houses to let For Corp members In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.