Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,339 members, 7,842,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section (2240 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Welcome To The Music Section ("_") . . . .(Updated 27-01-2013) / Is Ja Rule finally out of the Music Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by eldee(m): 6:56am On Oct 13, 2008
Anyone that has been a regular poster on the Music Section will (most likely) have noticed the way a couple of people treat this Section as an avenue to make known their grievances towards rival fans
I have tried many times to help by just deleting insultive and off-topic posts from this set of people and it's pushing my nerves already

I don't see any reason why people cannot communicate effectively even when they're trying to pass a point and have to resort to insults
I think it's a clear depiction of the way these people live their everyday lives
What's wrong with posting in clear points without insults to express what you feel about a certain artiste??
I hate a certain member to wits ends when he does the Modenine overhype but not once have I said anything insultive to him wink

This is not about showing how strong you are, the whole point of using a public forum is being able to exchange opinions when necessary
Effective communication is the only way by which this goal can be achieved

I think I speak on behalf of every member of this forum when I say we're tired of having cussing contests from two/three different sets of fans
We're tired of having every thread crowded with the same ol' war of words by this same people
It's high time we started listening to other people's views on issues . . . is that not why we came?? if not then why bother?? cheesy

I'm using this thread to inform everyone that from now henceforth, stricter penalties will be enforced on people that disobey the simple rules that have been set by that have been set up by the Admin

In plain english . . . NO MORE DELETING POSTS, IT'S STRAIGHT-UP BAN!!!

As always, I'll leave this thread for a week or two to see what people have to say
Just remember . . . any offensive post and one more member is BANNED
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by Wordsmith(m): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2008
LOL, i thought i was the only person getting tired of the mode9/rugged/saucekid love triangle cheesy.

Newayz, what it is pimpin'?
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by kaydee(m): 10:23am On Oct 13, 2008
Yeah! Most of the fools on Nairaland hang around here farting on threads.Nairaland is the only place people celebrate their ignorance.Talkin sh*t they know nuttin bout.

Lol!!!! Look at this biased jury.Why talkin bout a certain Modenine fan when Skingo is around.Hmmn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I read between tha lines of ya eyes to ya brows
Ya handshake aint matchin ya smile
Ill holla, you n*ggas foul "
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by Wordsmith(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2008
. . . and kaydee's strange love affair with mode9 continues. . . cheesy
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by osasp(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2008
haha java grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by tosinadeda: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ehen!
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by Bamsyle(m): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
Very apt Eldee. And I urge everyone not to see it as a letter to any particular person. It's for us all. 'member topic says "Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section"
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by Maacdi: 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2008
Wass' crackalakin? El, i'm wit' you on this one, let's jus' relate and possibly learn more on this forum, You think u got skillz? Wonna tske over? Lets your vid make the cut on Soundcity, Nigezie, Hip TV, Channel O or MTV Base, Plus, lets see u at the awards pickin' up plaques, Not 'ere, Definitely not,,,ya dig? Meanwili, Ujamaa is 'bout to come in the buliding, keep ur eyes peeled!!! Word.
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by eldee(m): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2008
kaydee:

Yeah! Most of the fools on Nairaland hang around here farting on threads.Nairaland is the only place people celebrate their ignorance.Talkin sh*t they know nuttin bout.

Lol!!!! Look at this biased jury.Why talkin bout a certain Modenine fan when Skingo is around.Hmmn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In order to lead by example . . . I'll just explain to you openly what I meant by that statement

eldee:

What's wrong with posting in clear points without insults to express what you feel about a certain artiste??
I hate a certain member to wits ends when he does the Modenine overhype but not once have I said anything insultive to him wink

First the statement I put there was just a good example I felt others should follow, hence the wink icon at the end of the line.

In plain english, I hate Javalove when he overhypes Modenine but we're good friends and never insult each other.
Not once has he insulted me for choosing a rapper with 'crap lyrics' . . . there's still that mutual respect

If everyone could follow that example, we'll have a Music section where everyone could come here to exchange ideas
That's what the whole forum concept is about

If you think sumone is wrong, explain in english . . . not cussing contests
I'm not going to be bullied into name-dropping
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by Alexalibur: 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2008
It's about time! I was seriously getting frustrated with this whole beef this beef that :-) Let's just see how long this is going to last!
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by kaydee(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
@Eldee
aight man! gotcha! Do what U gotta do
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by lalaboi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2008
eldee

its like u read my mind.
i was just complaining about the same thing yesterday.

lets see what the mo9 clan, sauce clan and ruggedy clan have to say about this. even the african kings clan!

i wouldnt say am holy, av bn involved b4! and bliv me its not worth it!

pls lets make this section a better section! ejo, biko, sanu!
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by nguage(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2008
Hey eL,
STOP DELETING MY POSTS!!!
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by nguage(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2008
Srsly dude,

How the f-ck do you campaign for peace on one end and hate criticism at the same time. Objective criticism at that. It wasn't like I just made a random post calling you a fool or threatening to shoot your kids in the testicles. I criticized you and you deleted my post, is this your idea of a peaceful music section?
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by eldee(m): 7:02am On Oct 14, 2008
n-guage:

Srsly dude,

How the f-ck do you campaign for peace on one end and hate criticism at the same time. Objective critisicm at that. It wasn't like I just made a random post calling you a fool or threatning to shoot your kids in the testicles. I criticized you and you deleted my post, is this your idea of a peaceful music section?
I'm campaigning for peace but your last post was apparently going against the point of the whole thing
You just used your last post to display what myself and the rest of the music section have been talking about

n-guage:
And lastly, f-ck all those who issue threats to prove their authority, f-ck those who don't know the difference between IPs and ISPs, and f-ck those who think we don't know only the site administrator is allowed to ban

You can be objective without insults . . . it's so much easier
I've had meaningful discussions with that same NLer you mentioned, it didn't take anything from his system

Anyways, I've tried to reach you on YIM
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by javalove(m): 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2008
@eldee

I read ur first post and i wasnt offended because we are all guilty, even u. Now our explainiation of ur post proves to me u had me in mind more dan any other person. i take no offence.

u did not mention skingo's name even though he does all the abuses, yabbing my father and mother with ease. u did not also mention his name for insulting everyone that did not agree with him. Where do u stand eldee? Are u hating me for over hyping modenine (which happens to be my opinion)? How does that affect this forum? How many modenine threads have i started since i v joined this forum?

man you don't know ur job as a moderator. Is it over hyping modenine that is ur problem or the loads of insults skingo rains on me. Everytime they have abused my parents, I have always said No comments!!!.

Eldee, .come out of ur hiding place and speak ur mind. i know this is not all. I'm saying all these cos u specifically mentioned my name.

I rest my case
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by fastmoney(m): 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2008
wait so whoz gonna ban or delete ELDEE when he disses me cos im a grime fam, JUSTICE IS A HO
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by tosinadeda: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2008
javalove:

@eldee

I read ur first post and i wasnt offended because we are all guilty, even u. Now our explainiation of ur post proves to me u had me in mind more dan any other person. i take no offence.

u did not mention skingo's name even though he does all the abuses, yabbing my father and mother with ease. u did not also mention his name for insulting everyone that did not agree with him. Where do u stand eldee? Are u hating me for over hyping modenine (which happens to be my opinion)? How does that affect this forum? How many modenine threads have i started since i v joined this forum?

man you don't know ur job as a moderator. Is it over hyping modenine that is ur problem or the loads of insults skingo rains on me. Everytime they have abused my parents, I have always said No comments!!!.

Eldee, .come out of ur hiding place and speak ur mind. i know this is not all. I'm saying all these because u specifically mentioned my name.

I rest my case

he mentioned ur name so freaking what?
na only skingo dey yab for nairaland?
u can as well tell eeldee to mention all the names of those that yab on this forum! idiot
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by lalaboi(m): 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2008
this is exaclty what eldee is tryn to campaign about!

na wa 4 u guyz! why u call am idiot now?
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by tosinadeda: 11:57pm On Oct 14, 2008
Cos he his acting like a child!
Y shld he bring skingo into d topic?
U ans d question
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by A40(m): 2:04am On Oct 15, 2008
This is why you would only find me in the What are you Listening to Right now thread undecided
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by ogodona(f): 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
Hi guys i'm new to this forum and i think the poster is right in what he is trying to converse,lets just try to stop the insults for tranquility to reign in this forum.I LOVE YOU ALL.PEACE &ONE LOVE N/ LS. kiss
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by longetosin: 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2008
now this is funny so am been banned grin grin grin grin
so how long is my username "tosinadeda" going to remain banned!!!!!
dnt u think i deserve to know y am banned and how log it will take

am waiting for answers
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by lalaboi(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2008
cos u disobeyed one of the rules!

do not insult others!

hw hard is that?
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by AfrknKngs(m): 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2008
Lol! That's all they know! They insult to prove their points and expect us to say nothing in return! Yo Eldee, I admire what you are saying but it's really easy to do it without insulting some1 but it's much harder when some1 insults you to prove their point! U juss feel like you gotta dumb urself down to their level just to prove your own point aswell! now here's da question, If sum1 disses you juss coz u dont share da same opinion, what wud be da best way of handling it without gettin banned grin (Coz knowing me, shuuu, I clown a nucca all da way cheesy)

Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by longetosin: 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2008
so calling sum1 an idiot has become a crime on a forum
why not censor the forum then
or wuts the use anyway?

its a way of life
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by FLOWSHOW: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2008
so tosinadeda has been banned. lol!
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by FLOWSHOW: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2008
@tosinadeda
if u want to insult go to the battle rap section to insult, in battle rap it is a normal thing to yab ur opponent.
but here if eldee says no insults , he means it . and we will back him up , NO INSULTS PLS.
foreigners are also using this thread.
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by longetosin: 11:38am On Oct 16, 2008
Ok then y am i only d one been banned?
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by javalove(m): 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2008
tosin has been banned? eldee pls wen sud wkingo too be banned?m cant wait? i guess i need to update my signature now to mlongetosin
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by longetosin: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2008
Java u sef know say na injustice
Re: Open Letter To All Members Of The Music Section by UKBoy1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2008
Hmmm, All this our yankee wannabe Naija boys. Make una speak simple and plain English now! Haba!!, Better still nack pidgeon, I can't even be bothered to read what you guys are typing and I wonder if anyone takes you guys seriously when una begin type like that, Na so una mama and papa teach una.

Eldee, sorry for digressing. I am with you and think you ought to stamp your authority here as some people take the p*ss. Give them a finger and they want the whole arm or body sef, I'm sure you have the support of at least 99% of the members of this forum.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coment On Icant Beleive It By T-pain / 9ice Ft Dagrin - Loni Ni Video Released / Wizkid In Ghana Studios, Dishes Out Song From His Forthcoming Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.