Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) (9557 Views)

Top Quality Boerboel Puppies From Imported Parents For Sale / Check Out My Pits...would Puppies From This Combo Not Be Amazing? / Pedigree German Shepherd Puppies (from Imported Parents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by hunthsmankennel: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
angry Now, i was a bit idle and decided to search for my favorite breed on OLX.

I discovered that most of the dogs called boerboels are either mutts which dont even closely resemble the south african breed or tired recycled pictures of foreign puppies and the so called sellers know next to nothing about this dogs

I later saw one puppy that looked passable and called the contact. HE AGREED TO TAKE 50K FOR THE PUPPY grin .I Asked when i can see the dog . He sent me three pictures on bbm of very different dogs. and asked that i pay money into his account and that he will send the dog from JOS.

COMPLETE JOKER abi i asked him to take a pic with the puppy, so i can identify him and have a closer look at the puppy. HE DELETED ME IMMEDIATELY lol.

I also noticed that a lot of different posts and puppies had the same number and different names.

The moral of the story is that many breeders on OLX are scammers.

When you want to buy a boerboel, dont expect to get one for 25 or 40 k. They are an expensive breed.

A good puppy will hardly go for less than 60k.

i will try and copy some of the pictures and paste here
Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by hunthsmankennel: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
First is probably a mix of a Basenji and Boerboel

2nd is obviously a ST Bernard pup

Regarding the 3rd, the SABT excludes brownoses from the breed specification. puppy is most Probably a French Mastiff mix.

Most important thing to note in identifying a boerboel puppy is that it must have a black mask ( some of the less read breeders call it a mouth)

Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by Spirit1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
hunthsmankennel: angry Now, i was a bit idle and decided to search for my favorite breed on OLX.

I discovered that most of the dogs called boerboels are either mutts which dont even closely resemble the south african breed or tired recycled pictures of foreign puppies and the so called sellers know next to nothing about this dogs

I later saw one puppy that looked passable and called the contact. HE AGREED TO TAKE 50K FOR THE PUPPY grin .I Asked when i can see the dog . He sent me three pictures on bbm of very different dogs. and asked that i pay money into his account and that he will send the dog from JOS.

COMPLETE JOKER abi i asked him to take a pic with the puppy, so i can identify him and have a closer look at the puppy. HE DELETED ME IMMEDIATELY lol.

I also noticed that a lot of different posts and puppies had the same number and different names.

When you want to buy a boerboel, dont expect to get one for 25 or 40 k. They are an expensive breed.

Yep I was nearly duped by this same guy from Jos. I told him to do the same thing (take picture with the dog) and he disappeared.

Buyers beware
Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by coolsegun2002: 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
This olx again....im a liver of the caucasian breed....nd I found Dat on olx nd even nairaland...fake dog breeders have used this same picture claiming it's the male....theres a guy on nairaland fortune86.... great scammer too...same picture he sent me on whatapp.....i just wanna say...a picture isn't enuf to make u feel the puppy u are buying is of top pedigree...cos anyone could get a picture anywhere....

Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by coolsegun2002: 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
This olx again....im a fan of the caucasian breed....nd I found Dat on olx nd even nairaland...fake dog breeders have used this same picture claiming it's the male....theres a guy on nairaland fortune86.... great scammer too...same picture he sent me on whatapp.....i just wanna say...a picture isn't enuf to make u feel the puppy u are buying is of top pedigree...cos anyone could get a picture anywhere....

Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by patrickrose(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
hunthsmankennel: angry Now, i was a bit idle and decided to search for my favorite breed on OLX.

hahaha u are lucky o I was duped 7 thousand naira from olx in my quest for dog one dude by name andrew that's how they act
Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by henry007(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
hunthsmankennel: First is probably a mix of a Basenji and Boerboel

2nd is obviously a ST Bernard pup

Regarding the 3rd, the SABT excludes brownoses from the breed specification. puppy is most Probably a French Mastiff mix.

Most important thing to note in identifying a boerboel puppy is that it must have a black mask ( some of the less read breeders call it a mouth)
3rd looks like a rednose pit bull
Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by oluomoadebayo: 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
patrickrose: hahaha u are lucky o I was duped 7 thousand naira from olx in my quest for dog one dude by name andrew that's how they act

Hope you are not trying to buy dog with 7k?
Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by patrickrose(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Hope you are not trying to buy dog with 7k?
hahaha am I mad?? d 7k I paid was the transport from Lagos to port Harcourt by the guy never showed up and that was how I learnt the bitter way
Re: Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) by jeff1607(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
Same thimg I was told,I called this particular guy telling him how I saw his contact on olx (caucasian) he told me he resides in jos n I should pay money for delivery along with the price for d puppy. I asked for photos he told me his mcard was bad n has only one pic,he cut the call and wen I tried again it was switched off

(1) (Reply)

A Lion Vs A Tiger Which One Did You Think That Will Lose during a fight / Can Someone Help Me With Homemade Dog Recipe??? / I Found An Owl At My Window This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.