Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. (3717 Views)

Police Storms P'square Omole House: Did Paul Okoye Lie? (See Photos Evidence) / Security Guard At P'square House Injured Today(photos) / See Peter Okoyes Beautiful Wife, Lola Omotayo 10 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
Before now, there was a perceived calm in the family of the Okoyes(P’square’s family) but from all indication it was not so. The rift in the family has long been with them only that it escalated and came into limelight in recent times shortly before and after the wedding of Peter okoye and Lola omotayo.

I wont waste time going down history lane how this internal rift among this family members started but i want to point out some errors that has made this problem to have gotten to this extent.

I can understand their mother’s stand in terms of her disapproval of Lola Omotayo as a bride to Peter. One of the reasons being her tribe and the other her age. Many mothers in Nigeria especially those in her generation are so tribe conscious hence her decision. But in everything that has happned i blame Jude Okoye who is the eldest among the brothers. This is because as the eldest, he is the one that is suppose to try and see how he can unite the family without prjudice or sentiments.

Yes the mother never liked the wife to be, but she is dead now and him not accepting her and even shunning their wedding is totally imature. This shows that maturity does not necessarily have to do with age.

As a first born, i use to let my younger ones know that our parents willl one day leave this world, that we will face life entirely on our own and their limitations should not be our own also, that what ever they believed can be modified or changed.
As one who is well exposed, he would have tried his best to see how he can convince the mother that this is 21st century and things shouldnt be done the way it was done those days. Maybe by this the mother would have had a change of heart. But from all indication he did not.

Even though i don’t encourage paying evil with evil, i think Peter and Lola are too justified not to have attended Jude Okoye’s wedding. He got it all wrong when he refused attending peter’s wedding which changed nothing but fueled the problem.

This is a lesson to all families to know that tribalism is something they should do away with. That some of our parents beliefs should be scrutinise and some should not be encouraged or continued. It baffles me how people believe in God and despise his creation from another region or race.

MORNDEW.

Curled from
http://enlightennigeriablog./category/entertainment/

Princewill Chimereze.
Student, writter, facilitator and public affairs analyst.

2 Likes

Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by ggrin(f): 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
I'll be here forever

Forever youngcheesy
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
Elder brothers should be careful how they behave.

1 Like

Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
ggrin: I'll be here forever

Forever youngcheesy
meaning?
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by ggrin(f): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Moredew:
meaning?
esu ni migrincheesy
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Fiftynine(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Moredew: Before now, there was a perceived calm in the family of the Okoyes(P’square’s family) but from all indication it was not so. The rift in the family has long been with them only that it escalated and came into limelight in recent times shortly before and after the wedding of Peter okoye and Lola omotayo.

I wont waste time going down history lane how this internal rift among this family members started but i want to point out some errors that has made this problem to have gotten to this extent.

I can understand their mother’s stand in terms of her disapproval of Lola Omotayo as a bride to Peter. One of the reasons being her tribe and the other her age. Many mothers in Nigeria especially those in her generation are so tribe conscious hence her decision. But in everything that has happned i blame Jude Okoye who is the eldest among the brothers. This is because as the eldest, he is the one that is suppose to try and see how he can unite the family without prjudice or sentiments.

Yes the mother never liked the wife to be, but she is dead now and him not accepting her and even shunning their wedding is totally imature. This shows that maturity does not necessarily have to do with age.

As a first born, i use to let my younger ones know that our parents willl one day leave this world, that we will face life entirely on our own and their limitations should not be our own also, that what ever they believed can be modified or changed.
As one who is well exposed, he would have tried his best to see how he can convince the mother that this is 21st century and things shouldnt be done the way it was done those days. Maybe by this the mother would have had a change of heart. But from all indication he did not.

Even though i don’t encourage paying evil with evil, i think Peter and Lola are too justified not to have attended Jude Okoye’s wedding. He got it all wrong when he refused attending peter’s wedding which changed nothing but fueled the problem.

This is a lesson to all families to know that tribalism is something they should do away with. That some of our parents beliefs should be scrutinise and some should not be encouraged or continued. It baffles me how people believe in God and despise his creation from another region or race.

MORNDEW.

Curled from
http://enlightennigeriablog./category/entertainment/

Princewill Chimereze.
Student, writter, facilitator and public affairs analyst.
honore ur father and mother, so dat ur days will be long.

3 Likes

Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by SpaceGoat: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by corneremperor: 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Wise words OP, very wise words indeed
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Fiftynine: honore ur father and mother, so dat ur days will be long.
even wen dey ask u to put ur hand in fire.
Even wen their reasons are baseless nd bad. So if ur mother ask u not to go to church bt to a babalawo house u will obey too?

1 Like

Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2014

YES THE STUPID BOY DISSOBEYED HIS MUM S LAST WORD HE WILL LIVE TO DEAL WITH D CONSEQUENCE

1 IGBO ADDAGE SAYS "WHAT D ELDERS SEE WHILE SITTING DOWN D YOUNG CANNOT SEE EVEN CLIMBING ON TO OF A TREE''
HE WILL SURELY REGRET IT

D MUGU BOY GO DEY DERE DAT WITCH WOMAN SHE MARRY GO CARRY HIM SOUL DE PLAY BALL
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2014

YES THE STUPID BOY DISOBEYED HIS MUM S LAST WORD HE WILL LIVE TO DEAL WITH D CONSEQUENCE

1 IGBO ADDAGE SAYS "WHAT D ELDERS SEE WHILE SITTING DOWN D YOUNG CANNOT SEE EVEN CLIMBING ON TO OF A TREE''
HE WILL SURELY REGRET IT

Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
tosscash1:

YES THE STUPID BOY DISOBEYED HIS MUM S LAST WORD HE WILL LIVE TO DEAL WITH D CONSEQUENCE

HE WILL SURELY REGRET IT

wht sense hv u made nw with wht u spewed above.

2 Likes

Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
Moredew:

wht sense hv u made nw with wht u spewed above.

OK d westerners ARE WICKED sorry if u are 1 but dats t truth
ARE U SATISFIED NOW?

1 Like

Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 11:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
tosscash1:

OK d westerners ARE WICKED sorry if u are 1 but dats t truth
ARE U SATISFIED NOW?

No. Hw ar dey wicked.
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 24, 2014
Moredew:
No. Hw ar dey wicked.

GOOGLE is your FRIEND
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 24, 2014
Moredew:
No. Hw ar dey wicked.

GOOGLE is your FRIEND
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by amacastel: 2:53am On Jul 24, 2014
Their mothers problem with lola is NOT TRIBE pls her issue is the age difference, no mother or father that has African background will allow his son marry a woman 8yrs older
paul did not marry an igbo gurl yet she is accepted
the mother saw something in lola that made her refuse that's the sprit of discord
She is dead does not mean her wish should not be respected ,after all millions of yourbas are married to igbos and vice versa
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 7:35am On Jul 24, 2014
tosscash1:

GOOGLE is your FRIEND
i want you to tell me urself.
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 24, 2014
Can we just leave this brothers alone.
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2014
amacastel: Their mothers problem with lola is NOT TRIBE pls her issue is the age difference, no mother or father that has African background will allow his son marry a woman 8yrs older
the mother saw something in lola that made her refuse that's the sprit of discord
She is dead does not mean her wish should not be respected ,after all millions of yourbas are married to igbos and vice versa
nd whts wrong wit age? As i pointed out in d article, our parents believe are sometimes wrong. She should wake up from her grave nd fight her den. Nd beside was she alive wen paul married d lady in question?
So peter shud marry who he never loved nd live in misery all his life. Thank God he never listened to people like u who reasone in one direction. U can marry who u dnt love all to please ur mum or dad nd live in hell. Shebi their life na ur life too.
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by lanrefront1(m): 9:11am On Jul 24, 2014
Hypocrite...... as if your own mother will jump up with Joy if you brought home to marry a woman ten years older than you. Even your dad won't be happy with such choice of bride.... Make you talk true..
Moredew:
nd whts wrong wit age? As i pointed out in d article, our parents believe are sometimes wrong. She should wake up from her grave nd fight her den. Nd beside was she alive wen paul married d lady in question?
So peter shud marry who he never loved nd live in misery all his life. Thank God he never listened to people like u who reasone in one direction. U can marry who u dnt love all to please ur mum or dad nd live in hell. Shebi their life na ur life too.
Hypocrite...... as if your own mother will jump up with Joy if you brought home to marry a woman ten years older than you. Even your dad won't be happy with such choice of bride.... Make you talk true..
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 9:29am On Jul 24, 2014
lanrefront1: Hypocrite...... as if your own mother will jump up with Joy if you brought home to marry a woman ten years older than you. Even your dad won't be happy with such choice of bride.... Make you talk true.. Hypocrite...... as if your own mother will jump up with Joy if you brought home to marry a woman ten years older than you. Even your dad won't be happy with such choice of bride.... Make you talk true..
dey wil nt be happy bt dat will not stop me frm wht i wnt. Dats d truth. Dey hv their live i hv mine.
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Mariojane(f): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
amacastel: Their mothers problem with lola is NOT TRIBE pls her issue is the age difference, no mother or father that has African background will allow his son marry a woman 8yrs older
people that think like you just did are forever stagnant.the mother just use the age different as an excuse cos we are in Africa where we believe husbands should be older than their wives. her real excuse was the tribe. paul nd jude supported their mother but cos the mother is nolonger alive that was what gives paul courage to marry a lady not from their tribe.
am very sure u re part of the people that condemn mercy johnson marriage then nd now they re living happily.
face your own business and leave them cos there is more to the story than met the eyes.
if the mother sees anything cos she is older nd more experienced then let time decide their fates not you
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by amacastel: 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
Moredew:

My der we are not quarreling for tribe issue is not the problem am sure is jst age yes the mother is being old fashion but on peters's persistence he should be ready to endure a lot from his family not being agressive with time family will leave with it though most women that are older than their husband teen to manipulate the man that's one issue u have to consider cos they are running family business
If ur son want to marry a woman that is almst ten yrs older will u accept immediately ?
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
amacastel:

My der we are not quarreling for tribe issue is not the problem am sure is jst age yes the mother is being old fashion but on peters's persistence he should be ready to endure a lot from his family not being agressive with time family will leave with it though most women that are older than their husband teen to manipulate the man that's one issue u have to consider cos they are running family business
If ur son want to marry a woman that is almst ten yrs older will u accept immediately ?
did peter tell u he is complaining?
Jude snubbed his wedding nd he did d same so whts d cry by ppl including u.
Jude as a senior broda has failed nd peter has realised dis. As for my son bringing a woman older dan him. If he truly love her nd she loves him. I will strongly accept. African backward mentality dey worry som of una.
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by Moredew(m): 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mariojane: people that think like you just did are forever stagnant.the mother just use the age different as an excuse cos we are in Africa where we believe husbands should be older than their wives. her real excuse was the tribe. paul nd jude supported their mother but cos the mother is nolonger alive that was what gives paul courage to marry a lady not from their tribe.
am very sure u re part of the people that condemn mercy johnson marriage then nd now they re living happily.
face your own business and leave them cos there is more to the story than met the eyes.
if the mother sees anything cos she is older nd more experienced then let time decide their fates not you
true talk my sister
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by dsolo(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
You needs the Dr's attention.....
Re: P'square, The Okoyes And Their In-fighting. by sollu: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Paul Okoye & Wife, Anita Isama Out Shopping / Femi Otedola's Daughter "DJ" Cuppy Speaks About Her Relation With Ice-prince / Star Boy Wizkid Say:i Wrote Some Songs For Rihanna”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.