Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria (8978 Views)

MY* Blackberry Z3 Review / How To Get Android Apps On Blackberry Z3 / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:57am On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: did you do your research the z10 has a much older GPU. a lot of stuff are missing from the z3 no doubt but the ability to keep me going (A LOT of messaging, calling, texting, emailing and surfing the web) throughout the day without weeping for low battery (former z10 user) is more important to me right now than a better camera and brighter colors on screen or even the so called better GPU(again do your research). that's my definition of a power user. get serious!

fabolakers:
Yeah but the only problem is just the 1800mAh battery for Z10 but you can get an extra battery to fix that but the GPU of Z3 is better than that of Z10. Apart from that, Z10 is better.

The Z3 uses the Snapdragon 400 with the Adreno 305
The Z10 uses the Snapdragon S4 with Adreno 225 GPU.

Please do your research and stop being fooled by 'higher numbers'. The Adreno 225 is FASTER and MORE POWERFUL than the 305.

225 was the higher end GPU of the 2xx series. 305 is the lowest end GPU of the 3xx series. The upgrade of the 225 was the Adreno 320.

This is not about listening to dumb talk on GSMArena or looking at version numbers. Some of us just know this stuff.

nanizle:
But I could pick z3 over z10 because it has a bigger screen undecided

Fair enough. Just be aware of the tradeoffs though.

At that price, i wouldn't even recommend a Blackberry 10 device. just spring for a good Android device. I'd totally recommend the Motorola Moto G...or find a way for one of these guys who buy from China to get you one of the more recent Xiaomi phones.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by delikay4luv: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: best battery on the market. whether na UK / naija used unlike say the techno I'm currently using removable yes but after 1year can't give me half if its initial power
u think so? What if d battery develop a fault
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by henry007(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
texazzpete:

The Z3 uses the Snapdragon 400 with the Adreno 305
The Z10 uses the Snapdragon S4 with Adreno 225 GPU.

Please do your research and stop being fooled by 'higher numbers'. The Adreno 225 is FASTER and MORE POWERFUL than the 305.

225 was the higher end GPU of the 2xx series. 305 is the lowest end GPU of the 3xx series. The upgrade of the 225 was the Adreno 320.

This is not about listening to dumb talk on GSMArena or looking at version numbers. Some of us just know this stuff.

pls post evidence when making an allegedly intelligent argument. some benchmark scores I found online. skip to the conclusion on this link http://techivian.com/mali-400mp-vs-sgx-543mp4-vs-543mp3-vs-543mp2-vs-540-vs-535-vs-adreno-320-vs-225-vs-220-vs-205-vs-mali-400-vs-intel-xolo/

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by henry007(m): 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
delikay4luv: u think so? What if d battery develop a fault
that's very unlikely but there's always professional help
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by delikay4luv: 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: that's very unlikely but there's always professional help
alright got u
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: pls post evidence when making an allegedly intelligent argument. some benchmark scores I found online. skip to the conclusion on this link http://techivian.com/mali-400mp-vs-sgx-543mp4-vs-543mp3-vs-543mp2-vs-540-vs-535-vs-adreno-320-vs-225-vs-220-vs-205-vs-mali-400-vs-intel-xolo/

You need to quit using a benchmark test from an obscure tech blog and focus on what the actual GPU specs are from the manufacturer.

You can check the detailed specs here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adreno

To show that the 225 has more ALUs, a higher pixel fill rate, can crunch more FLOPS (floating point operations) and push out more Triangles/sec.

At the initial reveal of the Krait architecture, Qualcomm told Anandtech that the 225 has roughly 8 times the performance of the previous gen Adreno 200 and the 305 had about 6 times the perfomance of the Adreno 200.
8 > 6 anyday.

I wouldn't put too much stock in a single benchmark plot.

Need more links?

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2011/07/05/new-qualcomm-2011-2012-roadmap-and-soc-specifications/

First we have the MSM8960 which is Qualcomm’s first Windows 8 certified SoC and is expected to start shipping in Q4 2011. The specifications are the following:

• Dual 1.5-1.7 GHz Krait/ L2 1MB
• 2x500MHz LPDDR2
• LTE FDD/TDD cat3(8960); DC-HSPA(8270)
21HSPA+(8260A)
TD-SCDMA (8960, 8260A)
• 1080p HD Video@30fps; 3D 20Mpix
• Adreno 225 3D/2D 125M tri./sec (DX9.3)

As you can see the CPU’s core will be clocked between 1.5 and 1.7 GHZ and the SOC will feature an Adreno 225 GPU which supports the DirectX 9.3 feature set (DX9 + ShaderModel 3).

In Q3 2012 comes the[b] lower-en model[/b], the MSM8930 with one memory channel,lower CPU clocks and less powerful GPU surprisingly named the Adreno 305 even though it’s less powerful then the Adreno 225. It’s entirely possible that the Adreno 225 is effectively a higher clocked variant (or mult-core) of the Adreno 220 and that the Adreno 305 is the new architecture…

I can't believe i've put in this much effort over a low end phone

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by henry007(m): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
texazzpete:

You need to quit using a benchmark test from an obscure tech blog and focus on what the actual GPU specs are from the manufacturer.

You can check the detailed specs here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adreno

To show that the 225 has more ALUs, a higher pixel fill rate, can crunch more FLOPS (floating point operations) and push out more Triangles/sec.

At the initial reveal of the Krait architecture, Qualcomm told Anandtech that the 225 has roughly 8 times the performance of the previous gen Adreno 200 and the 305 had about 6 times the perfomance of the Adreno 200.
8 > 6 anyday.

I wouldn't put too much stock in a single benchmark plot.

Need more links?

http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2011/07/05/new-qualcomm-2011-2012-roadmap-and-soc-specifications/

I can't believe i've put in this much effort over a low end phone
ya talking plenty. also Google "GPU rank 2014". forget the old links your putting up(from 2011, seriously?!) . if you know how to Google(hard for some pple apparently) you shld be able to stay updated about 2014 tech facts. these video comparisons are not fool proof or even a true test but its fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9sw3_wXxcs&fulldescription=1&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=NG&guid=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGStq4_WiCU&ctp=CDgQpDAYASITCIzxw-jg4L8CFQu1ywodKrgAglIJejMgdnMgejEw&guid=&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: ya talking plenty. also Google "GPU rank 2014". forget the old links your putting up(from 2011, seriously?!) . if you know how to Google(hard for some pple apparently) you shld be able to stay updated about 2014 tech facts. these video comparisons are not fool proof or even a true test but its fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9sw3_wXxcs&fulldescription=1&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=NG&guid=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGStq4_WiCU&ctp=CDgQpDAYASITCIzxw-jg4L8CFQu1ywodKrgAglIJejMgdnMgejEw&guid=&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

You know what? There's just no point in trying to talk sense into you. You're just not smart enough to comprehend anything.
This has nothing to do with whether i posted material from 2011. That material is Qualcomm's own product specification material. from a hardware point of view, nothing really has changed. Talking about 2014 is plainly stupid when phones with the same Snapdragon 400 chipset in the Z3 were rolling out in 2013.
I've posted links and spec sheet dumps from Qualcomm (the company that makes the chipset!) and Anandtech (by far the most respected tech website in the industry) and all you can do it take screen dumps on Opera Mini from some obscure website?

Even worse, you post Youtube videos that even the folks in the comments section have questioned the credibility.
The first video has the Z3 and Z10 going head, testing out the speed of opening a sideloaded Android app. You happily pick a 'winner' even when it's clear to anyone with eyes that both phones are running different versions of the Android app player.

I think you've gone about this the wrong way. You see Adreno 305, you assume it's better than the 225 because it has a higher number and you're now desperately looking for stuff to lead to your answer...including Youtube videos that can easily be affected by a host of other variables.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 5:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
To put this argument to rest, i'll include some benchmarks from Anandtech

Note that the Adreno 225 is represented by the Galaxy S3 (AT&T) while the Adreno 305 is represented by the HTC One SV

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6875/3dmark-for-android-performance-preview

Satisfied now? Or are you going to Google up Anandtech? Or will you come back with some screenshots of some forum posts or blogs by random dudes? Will you continue to ignorantly claim that benchmarks from obscure folks made in 2014 are more relevant than specs from the manufacturer released when chip design was finalized in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by henry007(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
texazzpete:

You know what? There's just no point in trying to talk sense into you. You're just not smart enough to comprehend anything.
This has nothing to do with whether i posted material from 2011. That material is Qualcomm's own product specification material. from a hardware point of view, nothing really has changed. Talking about 2014 is plainly stupid when phones with the same Snapdragon 400 chipset in the Z3 were rolling out in 2013.
I've posted links and spec sheet dumps from Qualcomm (the company that makes the chipset!) and Anandtech (by far the most respected tech website in the industry) and all you can do it take screen dumps on Opera Mini from some obscure website?

Even worse, you post Youtube videos that even the folks in the comments section have questioned the credibility.
The first video has the Z3 and Z10 going head, testing out the speed of opening a sideloaded Android app. You happily pick a 'winner' even when it's clear to anyone with eyes that both phones are running different versions of the Android app player.

I think you've gone about this the wrong way. You see Adreno 305, you assume it's better than the 225 because it has a higher number and you're now desperately looking for stuff to lead to your answer...including Youtube videos that can easily be affected by a host of other variables.
okay you're more intelligent than all the tech gurus that adjusted their opinions much later about the adreno 305, congrats bro! you're a z10 user I take it. how's that 1800mAh holding up, that was the sole reason I sold mine.
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: okay you're more intelligent than all the tech gurus that adjusted their opinions much later about the adreno 305, congrats bro! you're a z10 user I take it. how's that 1800mAh holding up, that was the sole reason I sold mine.

I got rid of the stupid Z10 as soon as the Q10 came out. battery life never lasted past 1pm even after charging it fully overnight. The Q10 wasn't that much better, could barely get through the day.

Bought the Z30, sold it at a 20k loss two days later to my kid brother.

I have no plans to ever get a BB10 device again. I see no logical benefits for my use case to choose it over an Android device that has a FAR more robust ecosystem and is backed by Google, one of the most innovative companies in tech.

Better you go for the Moto G than the Z3, IMHO.
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by henry007(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
texazzpete:

I got rid of the stupid Z10 as soon as the Q10 came out. battery life never lasted past 1pm even after charging it fully overnight. The Q10 wasn't that much better, could barely get through the day.

Bought the Z30, sold it at a 20k loss two days later to my kid brother.

I have no plans to ever get a BB10 device again. I see no logical benefits for my use case to choose it over an Android device that has a FAR more robust ecosystem and is backed by Google, one of the most innovative companies in tech.

Better you go for the Moto G than the Z3, IMHO.
the z30 is supposed be a beast, what's your usage pattern like?! Moto G is a no no I've had it with android crappy google mail app(piling emails from one sender together) and iphone's inadequacy is a story for another day. Mobile games irritate me now thanks to IOS so I don't do any of that. need a budget phone to whip out, surf web and reply msgs till batt gives out 10-12hrs later on 3G(can't stand edge for anything)

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: the z30 is supposed be a beast, what's your usage pattern like?! Moto G is a no no I've had it with android crappy google mail app(piling emails from one sender together) and iphone's inadequacy is a story for another day. Mobile games irritate me now thanks to IOS so I don't do any of that. need a budget phone to whip out, surf web and reply msgs till batt gives out 10-12hrs later on 3G(can't stand edge for anything)

beast? lmfao.

there one Z30 sitting here overheating like a 50 year old peugeot 504.

biko pls don't damage my ribs.

BTW why not just use other email apps on android? i recommend 'maildroid'

u cant get better budget droids past the motorola or the Xiaomi
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by henry007(m): 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
4llerbuntu:

beast? lmfao.

there one Z30 sitting here overheating like a 50 year old peugeot 504.

biko pls don't damage my ribs.

BTW why not just use other email apps on android? i recommend 'maildroid'

u cant get better budget droids past the motorola or the Xiaomi

dont mind the xiaomi mi3 but where can I get with the whole website blowing up with preorders. my z10 used to heat up like the devil. not heard that many complaints about the z30. maybe you're running one of them leaks as well.
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: dont mind the xiaomi mi3 but where can I get with the whole website blowing up with preorders. my z10 used to heat up like the devil. not heard that many complaints about the z30. maybe you're running one of them leaks as well.

I didn't get rid of the Z30 because of the battery life...it was just too damn big. You know, it's about the same size as the S5, but because of the bottom bezel gestures, it felt much bigger.

using it felt so uncomfortable in-hand, I just couldn't bear to keep it.

Maybe i was too hasty, though. I remember hating the Galaxy Note 1 for it's massive size, only to use a Note 2 for a year.
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by fabolakers(m): 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
henry007: dont mind the xiaomi mi3 but where can I get with the whole website blowing up with preorders. my z10 used to heat up like the devil. not heard that many complaints about the z30. maybe you're running one of them leaks as well.
Yeah. Most people complain about over heating with z10
Not jus ur own.
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by henry007(m): 9:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
texazzpete:

I didn't get rid of the Z30 because of the battery life...it was just too damn big. You know, it's about the same size as the S5, but because of the bottom bezel gestures, it felt much bigger.

using it felt so uncomfortable in-hand, I just couldn't bear to keep it.

Maybe i was too hasty, though. I remember hating the Galaxy Note 1 for it's massive size, only to use a Note 2 for a year.
what did you get instead after selling off the z30?!
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by Nobozora(m): 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Gosh i hate these pple "blablabla Gpu 305, blabla Ppu, bla ncdc, apc'u, bla tech,... Baba we na budget pple with less zeal to throw huge cash arnd on a thing that once it falls off ur pocket in dis naija, its gone for good, in 2014, i had spent above a 100k on phones, i no wnt again... My question now now is: how far this z3, e make sense reach to use for de next one yr, wit 60% of its usefulness intact?? I aint got time for games, jst my social, esp instagram and music apps, like my guitar, piano and other phone type music production apps. E go well?
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by okinme: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
MTN DATA SHARED OFFERS.
GET MTN DATA FOR BLACKBERRY 10, ANDROID & MODEM @ AFFORDABLE AMOUNT.
1GB ----------1200
2GB -----------2400
Call 08035448544 OR 08053635768
I accept Bank payment or MTN Recharge Card.
Thanks
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 29, 2015
Neatly used Blackberry Z3 working in perfect condition for Sale in Abuja at only N30k.

Please call

5 inches (​540 x 960 pixels, ​220 ppi pixel density)
​​​1.5 GB RAM
​​​25​00 mAh battery
http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_z3-6163.php

Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by mits71(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
Yeah but the only problem is just the 1800mAh battery for Z10 but you can get an extra battery to fix that but the GPU of Z3 is better than that of Z10. Apart from that, Z10 is better.

also check Best Custom ROMs
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by mits71(m): 8:44pm On May 27, 2019
just the 1800mAh battery for Z10 but you can get an extra battery to fix that but the GPU of Z3 is better than that of Z10. Apart from that, Z10 is better...

Also check https://techrogi.com
Re: Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria by suganm48: 7:37am On May 21, 2020
Blackberry z3 my dream mobile and my first Mobile also. I love this mobile, I bought at https://wribuy.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes Your Mobile Phone Special? / How To Do Inter-networks Credit Transfer( Eg: Mtn To Glo) / Mtn 3gb At 1k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.