Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:19 AM

Another Undergraduate Arrested For Allegedly Killing Father - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Undergraduate Arrested For Allegedly Killing Father (626 Views)

Mob Kill A Policeman In Gombe For Allegedly Killing A Man (Graphic Pics) / Man Wanted For Allegedly Killing, Removing Friend’s Eyes / An Only Son Accused Of Killing Father Castrates Himself While In Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Undergraduate Arrested For Allegedly Killing Father by olokfor: 5:56am On Jul 24, 2014
Barely three weeks after a 21-year-old student of the Redeemer’s University, Redemption Camp, Ogun State, Tolani Ajayi, was paraded by the police for allegedly killing his father, Charles Ajayi , a Senior Advocate of Nigeria , another undergraduate has been paraded for killing his father.

Chijiioke Ezebuiro , a 27-year-old undergraduate of Madonna University, Okija, Anambra State, was yesterday, paraded by the Abia State Police Command for allegedly killing his 87-year-old father, Dr. Emmanuel Ezebuiro.

Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Geoffrey Ogbonna, who paraded the suspects at the Command’s headquarters, said the suspect was being fingered for his father’s death being the only one at home when the deceased was brutally murdered.

According to police, the deceased was left in the custody of the suspect when the incident occurred, and preliminary investigations revealed that there was no evidence of external incursion into their house where the incident took place.
Police said the heinous crime occurred on June 30, 2014 at the deceased home at Umuoriehi, Isingwu in Umuahia North local government area.

According to police, the elder brother of the suspect had gone to convey his children to school and left their bed- ridden father in the hands of the suspect only to discover upon return, that the octogenarian had almost frozen in the pool of his own blood.

Suspecting foul play on the part of the suspect who could not offer reasonable explanations on what happened to their father, the police was alerted.
The PPRO further said the complainant had told the police that the suspect had previously threatened his fathers life a number of times for reasons best- known to him.

Later in an interview, the suspect said the incident occurred while he was at the bathroom taking showers after felling some trees in the compound .
He said, “After taking my bath as I was going towards my room I saw people screaming in my father’s room, so I decided to go inside to know what was happening there.

“When I went there I saw my brother and my cousin in my father’s room and I saw my dad on top of his bed. I was shocked to see blood on his head. I was so scared I had to go down stairs to call one of my cousins.

“When I came back with him we were asking them what happened none of them told us anything. He told us to go down stairs the next thing was for me to see police coming to arrest me, took me to the police station, saying I am a murderer, that’s all.”
The suspect also denied threatening his father’s life at any time, saying he had maintained a very warm relationship with his father.

www.metronaija.com/another-undergraduate-arrested-for-allegedly-killing-father/

(1) (Reply)

Pastor’s Concoction Kills One In Delta / Police Brutality: Benin In Turmoil As Young Man Is Tortured To Death / Violence At Largere, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.