Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Increasing Security Risks In Nigerian Banks - Bad For Banks - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Increasing Security Risks In Nigerian Banks - Bad For Banks (2094 Views)

How Flashshare Is Bad For Developers / Microsoft,adobe Bad For The Web / Do Nigerian Banks Have An Api To Their Database. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Increasing Security Risks In Nigerian Banks - Bad For Banks by ghost: 12:36pm On Oct 13, 2008
Nigerian Banks are undoubtly one of the fastest growing financial institutions in the World. Nigeria have been able to proof that quick and effective reforms can turn around any situation of any sector of the country.

Most of the Achitects of the new banking sector reforms and achievements would not have expected or imagine this level of success themselves when the embark on the many programs that made our banks stronger several months ago.

But Nigerian Banks have not been able to balance their growth with their security level in previous times. Every management spend huge sum of money on new ideas that would fetch millions and million od funds and customers and they've been able to watch their capital base multiply like a 'bacteria' but they left the security almost unattended to and improved.

I have seen a lot of bank security system and very amazed the nigerian banking system security is very low.

I have on many occassions 'hacked' into the systems (opeartional and training) of several banks in Lagos with just no sweat.These is not the best at all and should be a very big worry to these banks expectially now they are fastly growing.

Hacking is supposed to be a process of testing the strenght and weaknesses of an organisation at intervals and many banks around the world employ Naughty Boys as security measures of protecting their informations and funds but in Nigeria it's not the same.

Banks should take this serious, hacking into the bank system with just <<censored>> is a very very bad. <<censored>> but i can specifically say that i spend an average of 35 Seconds to hack into any bank server system in any branch in lagos.

<<censored>> these is why banks should be quick to beef up their security to prevent these lapses.

Its just too easy and too risky for these banks. Infact there are a lot of ways to hack into Nigerian Banks. Even the ATM can be hacked into and 2 kinds of theft practiced. <<censored>>

I'm calling on all Nigerian Banks to do every thing to stop theft and unauthorised hacking into their systems.

They should do every thing possible to safe guard all the funds in their banks and branches at all cost !

<<censored>>

I sincerely hope this would be duly noted. Peace out

<<censored>>
Re: Increasing Security Risks In Nigerian Banks - Bad For Banks by cooldud62: 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2008
well said ghost,i'm sure the banks will quickly run a check on thier database for your name and/or number, when they see a match,thry will employ talk to you grin
Re: Increasing Security Risks In Nigerian Banks - Bad For Banks by candylips(m): 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2008
Hacking is ilegal and will land you in Kirikiri prison. If you are not employed by any of these banks to do penetration testing i will advice you to stop doing it. Do not underestimate them. You will surely be caught if you try any of those gimmicks

(1) (Reply)

Bincom Academy 95% Scholarship For PHP/MYSQL Training January Session / Java Programmers ,I Need Help Fixing This Code. / How Much Will You Develop Android App For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.