Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates (28325 Views)

Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates / Carlos Slim Tops Forbes Rich List For Fourth Year / 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by ademoladeji(m): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
heatmeup: dey laff when the man dey make money that was how people laughed at him till he became the 35th richest in the world undecided
Oga, the lafta wasn't meant for him... I don't doubt him... He's my countryman so he's gat my support n prayers
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by heatmeup(f): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
ademoladeji: Oga, the lafta wasn't meant for him... I don't doubt him... He's my countryman so he's gat my support n prayers
who's oga? angry
ademoladeji: Oga, the lafta wasn't meant for him... I don't doubt him... He's my countryman so he's gat my support n prayers
who's oga?
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by rhames(m): 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
AlJarzirah: Carlos Slim Helú is once again the world’s richest person, thanks in large part to a sharp increase in telecom giant América Móvil’s share price both in U.S. and Mexican markets. Slim bumped Microsoft (NYSE:MSFT) cofounder Bill Gates from his perch as the world’s richest, a post Gates has held since May 2013.

The move happened on Tuesday when the value of Slim’s phone company América Móvil’s (NYSE:AMX), his largest holding, rose 1% or $805.6 million, pushing his net worth to Forbes estimate of $79.6 billion, against Gates’s estimated $79.1 billion net worth.

América Móvil’s stock has been rising since the company announced plans last week to divest some assets to comply with Mexico’s new antitrust telecom regulations. América Móvil’s shares were sharply higher last Wednesday, 24 hours after the news of the breakup. The company’s shares, which have languished the past year as a result of regulatory pressures in Mexico, jumped 10% on the NYSE the day following the breakup announcement.

Between July 1 and July 11, Slim’s wealth jumped from $74.5 billion to $79.6, a gain of $5.1 billion in 12 business days, an indication that investors are applauding Slim’s unexpected decision to reduce his phone market share below 50% as a new antitrust telecom law mandate comes into play. Investors seem to believe the outcome may actually be better for Slim’s business interests.

Currently, Slim’s América Móvil controls 70% of the mobile phone market in Mexico, and 80% of landlines.

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto signed the bill into law on Monday in an event attended by Mexico’s top telecom executives, including Carlos Slim Domitt, Slims Helús oldest son and heir apparent.

Slim fell from the top of the Forbes World’s Billionaire list in May 2013 largely due to a sharp drop in América Móvil’s stock, fueled by fears that Mexico’s new antitrust regulations would crumble his telecom empire.

Yet it appears as though the threat has reenergized him. Slim is planning to further expand his presence in Europe and Latin America. In a filing with the Mexican Stock Exchange on Monday, América Móvil said it will acquire an additional 23.47 % stake in Telekom Austria in a buyout offer, lifting the telecom giant’s interest in the company to 50.8%.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaestevez/2014/07/15/mexicos-carlos-slim-reclaims-worlds-richest-man-title-from-bill-gates/

Click here to follow us on Twitter for more ideas and information

The world at their feet
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by EternalBeing: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Someone wrote this:
amakufrancis: dangote i want to c u at d top 1 day
Hase not gotten a single LIKE.

Another person wrote this:
optimumprimus: Bill Gates would be worth around $240 billion if he did not give away so much . Bill Gate's peak was in 1998 when he was worth $115 billion Dollars.
And as at my last check, has gotten 33 LIKES.

I wonder what is wrong with us Blacks, Africans and especially Nigerians. We are totally blinded by wicked selfish tribalism and ethnicity.
Indeed, Africans are Africans' worst enemies. Black men with black mind; black mentality. Just because it's not you, your family or your tribal person, you'll rather prefer those that once enslaved your fore-fathers to continues to take your shine. Yes, when a black man shine on top of the world, we all shine. Regardless of how long/much you deceive yourselves, they see us all as the same; Adolf Hitler was hell bent on using all blacks as manure on African soil to produce food to be shipped to the western world.

This reminds me of the acerbic demonic hatered that the Character played by Samuel L. Jackson (in the Movie "The Jango Unchained"wink displayed against that Character played by Jamie Fox for breaking the unwritten law that Negros shall not ride on a horse in the then USA slavery era. Before then, Negros only carry loads like animals, sweating, running after their master white folks on the horses, regardless of whether they are journeying from Hell to Heaven... The major reason why Africa; especially black Africa is the most backward in the world is because of lack of love and unity. China has the longest history of idiotic terrible bloody inter-tribal wars and they did not amount to anything until they came together in Love and Unity to form P.R.C. Currently, the Peoples' Republic of China is fast on her way to becoming the world's most powerful Nation.
***Turns up the volume, listening to "Africa Unite" by Bob Nester Marley****
For the sake of your next generation, so that they'll be proud of their colour, unite now. We have the natural resources, spiritual/physical intelligence, wisdom, strength... Even the white men know that the United Africa will surely rule the World.

1 Like

Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by Agent8706(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
Rajan04: Mehn!?? dis tin work oh! 74 likes?
ROTFLMFAOM....wasn't doing it for the 'likes' men, was only trying to boost my believe to know am not alone in this 'crazy dream'....cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Lobolintin: Nah small small. I remember when i first met slim. He was so cool, a pure business man....

Lolz..... For you mind,u too funny I beg!!
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by ademoladeji(m): 5:38am On Jul 26, 2014
heatmeup: who's oga? angrywho's oga?
. Oga Madam nau... Oya, sowie mummy.
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by 1mobile: 7:38am On Jul 26, 2014
Check out for me next,am on the rite track.
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by baltimora(f): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2014
Well this man basically owns Mexico so I'm not surprised.
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by kzea4real(m): 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Aameen!!!
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by opportunist: 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Folks forbes just updated the list these two gentlemen are currently topping!!!

Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by seunoni34(m): 10:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lobolintin:
Nah small small. I remember when i first met slim. He was so cool, a pure business man....
Smh and you're here?
Re: Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates by bummyla(m): 3:00am On Oct 18, 2015
cool! Remember to help the needy! http://www.bummyla.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenneth Okonkwo Replies Reno Omokiri Who Said He 'acts Loyal Without Being Loyal / Regina Daniels Celebrates Mother Rita On 47th Birthday (Photos) / Toyin Lawani Slammed By Lord Trigg: 'Quit Acting The Victim'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.