Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Ebola; What You Need To Do - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola; What You Need To Do (537 Views)

Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK / Ebola: Jim Iyke Flees Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola; What You Need To Do by nesta007(m): 12:18am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello everyone,

Greetings!
I trust we are all doing fine.

Just a quick one please:
Heard that an Ebola case has been confirmed in a hospital in Lagos, Nigerian, through a Liberian who came into Nigeria. Anyway, whether true or false, we all need to be aware of the necessary preventive measures to take in reducing or stopping the spread of this deadly virus in our precious country.
I want us to know that staying away from that hospital will not in any way, stop it's spread among the people.
Whoever brought the virus into Nigeria, obviously sat in the plane with other Nigerians, and also passed through airport officials. Liberians basically greet by hand shaking and huggs, so you can't tell how many people he/she must have greeted while coming into Lagos.

Therefore, the following are the preventive measures we need to take, rather than avoiding the 'said' hospital:

- Please have a personal hand sanitizer and use it as frequent as possible (like every 30 minutes).
- Do not buy and eat any fruit directly without washing it first very well.
- For now, you might want to stay away from eating any meat that you do not know it's source, most especially our lovely 'Suya'.
- Also, try not to put your hands into your mouth without using a sanitizer first ( for those of us that bite our fingers a lot, we need to consciously stop for now).
- Try and avoid unnecessary hand shaking for now, or immediately after, use your sanitizer.
- Unlike HIV, Ebola can be spread through contact with body sweat or saliva, so take caution when you sit in the 'danfo' buses in Lagos or when you want to kiss.
- Avoid eating any meat from apes e.g monkeys and its families.
- Generally, avoid having contacts with body fluid
- Bathe as often as you can
- Prepare your meats by yourself, if possible
- Lastly, get more information about Ebola, it's free on google

I hope I have been able to help, and stop the unnecessary panic by avoiding a particular hospital.

Please stay safe and healthy!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola; What You Need To Do by Jennydoris(f): 1:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Thanks for the info.

But then I strongly believe, "THAT THE SICKENESS OF THE EGYPTIAN IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE FOR THE CHILDREN OF GOD"

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Liberian Man Tests Positive To Ebola Virus / Do People Really Sell Blood? How Much / Tusla Honey:100% Raw Honey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.