Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance (686 Views)

Bold5 9900 & 9930 call or whatsapp me 07038888409 for d cheapest / spint & verizon Bold5 9930 For Sale at vry low price. Call or whatsapp me / The World Of Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by baseg25(m): 1:23am On Jul 25, 2014
SAUDIS are taking onTwitter and booming on Facebook; these are the usual news we hear about Saudis committing to social media websites, but we tend to overlook the simplest of them all, WhatsApp.

It is definitely booming, which explains Facebook’s $19 billion deal to take it over. The number of messages and photos shared on the platform is tremendous even when compared to platforms dedicated for photo sharing like Instagram or Snap Chat.
In Saudi Arabia, similar to other social media platforms, WhatsApp is sneaking its way into daily lives, into our culture. Look around you, you will find people with their eyes glued to the mobile screens, reading, laughing and reposting. What makes it a bit unique is that it is not only popular among certain demographics like Twitter and Facebook, it is popular everywhere. Young or old, highly or moderately educated, you are most probably part of different WhatsApp groups; friends, family, or even business, it is reinventing the way we interact and communicate.
This dominance of WhatsApp in the messaging market might come to an end at the hands of no other thanTwitter. According to Mashable,Twitter just announced last Friday night that it is planning to update its iOS and Android apps so users can view their entire direct messages history on mobile. Many analysts see this as an indication thatTwitteris seriously thinking of entering the market of messaging especially with the boom in platforms like WhatsApp and Line.
Meawhile last April, Twitter introduced pop-up notifications for messages on its Web app, and it tested the possibility of opening the messages so you could receive them from anybody, not only from those you follow, in addition to rumors that Twitter might introduce a group messaging option in the near future, as explained by Mashable.
Twitter CEO Dick Costolo himself talked about the importance of updating the messaging features on the platform. “When you think about the best international opportunity,” Costolo said on a call with Mashable, “there’s a real opportunity for us when we think about our private messaging to strengthen the core of our Twitter product by making it easier for users to move more fluidly between the public conversation that happens everywhere on Twitter and the private conversation between you and a friend or you and a few friends.

If such changes and updates find their way to Twitter, it would shake the messaging platforms market share, it would certainly give Facebook a good run for its investment. Combining the public timeline with its news and general interests with the cosy and warmer family and friends messages would be an exciting thing to see.
At the very least, we would not be seeing messages moving from this platforms, they will all be one!.
So, what do you think?

SOURCE: http://techcribng.com/twitters-move-threatens-whatsapp-dominance/
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 1:51am On Jul 25, 2014
Twitter is no threat to Whatsapp at all. It is only a competition. Whatsapp has made a comfortable niche in instant messaging while Twitter created its niche in mini-blogging platform. They can both coexist but cannot override each other.

1 Like

Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by baseg25(m): 1:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Richiy: Twitter is no threat to Whatsapp at all. It is only a competition. Whatsapp has made a comfortable niche in instant messaging while Twitter created its niche in mini-blogging platform. They can both coexist but cannot override each other.
you are ryt.. Looking at Nigeria here, Not everybody uses twitter compare to whatsapp.
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 8:01am On Jul 25, 2014
baseg25: you are ryt.. Looking at Nigeria here, Not everybody uses twitter compare to whatsapp.
I have tried so hard to use twitter. It just doesn't make me come back...
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Tallesty1(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2014
Richiy:
Same here, I have a twitter account but I hardly use it. I don't find it useful at all.
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by cornelin(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Richiy:
ㄚモ丹卄 尺ㄚ丅! 工 ◯ㄗモ几モ刀 丹几 丹匚匚◯∪几丅 丹几刀. 卄丹∨几丅 し◯ムムモ刀 ち工几匚モ 丅卄モ几
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2014
Tallesty1: Same here, I have a twitter account but I hardly use it. I don't find it useful at all.
My Love!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2014
cornelin:
ㄚモ丹卄 尺ㄚ丅! 工 ◯ㄗモ几モ刀 丹几 丹匚匚◯∪几丅 丹几刀. 卄丹∨几丅 し◯ムムモ刀 ち工几匚モ 丅卄モ几
Your own worst oooooo
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Tallesty1(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2014
Richiy:
My Love!!!!!!!!!!!
My World How are you doing today?
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Tallesty1:
My World How are you doing today?
The weather in your town is mild and favorable. How are you ?
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Tallesty1(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2014
Richiy:
Woke up strong and happy so I'm waiting for the good newsgrin
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by baseg25(m): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Richiy:
Twitter is simple to use now.
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by baseg25(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Richiy:
you guyz funny o, u na dey toast echoda 4 my thread.
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
baseg25: you guyz funny o, u na dey toast echoda 4 my thread.
lol...guy na my nairalander of life be this o. abeg no spoil my show o. wink
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Tallesty1: Woke up strong and happy so I'm waiting for the good newsgrin
what good news please share!!!!
Re: Twitter’s New Move Threatens Whatsapp Dominance by Richiy(f): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
baseg25: Twitter is simple to use now.
I know it is, but it isn't that appealing.

(1) (Reply)

. / Two Week Old Nokia Lumia 900 In PHC / Brand New Tab S2 For Sale 9.7"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.