Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,876 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million (1810 Views)

The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / Omeruo To Earn $60,000 From Adidas / Who Is The Richest And Highest Paid Footballer In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by Wale112(m): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Asamoah Gyan has become the highest ever paid Ghanaian footballer following his latest bumper deal with his UAE-side Al Ain that will earn him at least $13m per year.

Other bonuses depending on the team’s results will rocket his annual earnings to about $15m which makes him by far the highest earning player from Ghana.

The charismatic striker stands well above Sulley Muntari, Michael Essien, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Andre Ayew who are the other top earning footballers from the country.

Following the new deal he signed on Thursday, Gyan will earn $250,000 weekly before winning bonuses as well as appearance fee in various competitions which will further boost his earnings.

He could earn up to about $60m by the time his contract comes to an end with the UAE side before the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Muntari, Essien and Boateng earn around $10m annually while Ayew, who is Marseille’s highest paid player, earns about $8m but the huge taxes (about 40%) the quartet pay in Europe dwarfs their wages.

Ghana’s other top players in the past like Abedi Pele, Sammy Kuffuor and Anthony Yeboah did not earn what the current generation are raking in.

Gyan enjoys tax-free earnings in the UAE which means he will keep all the money he earns without paying anything in taxes.

He extended his contract with Al Ain until 2018 and the deal suggests he is not interested in moving to Europe

The Ghanaian striker, the UAE top flight’s leading goalscorer for the past three years, has committed his future to the Garden City club following a relatively successful Brazil World Cup.

Since joining in 2011, originally on loan, Gyan has scored 82 goals in 66 league matches.

Gyan, who led Ghana at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, previously played for Sunderland in the English Premier League.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/artikel.php?ID=318467

2 Likes

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by Decibel: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
Does it stop Mahama from being CLUELESS

1 Like

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by Wale112(m): 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Does it stop Mahama from being CLUELESS

It stops Nigeria from using generators in 2014 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by Decibel: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Wale112:

It stops Nigeria from using generators in 2014 grin grin grin
Doest it stop Jackie Apiah from taking solace in Nigeria tongue
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by azeeza(f): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Una don start abi,Ghana Naija beef?

1 Like

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by SantaMafia: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Doest it stop Jackie Apiah from taking solace in Nigeria tongue
taking solace where? in a country where nothing works? where poverty ie so endemic? heard most of your actresses do pr0stitution to survive. in a country of more than 25 million, you mentioned only just one individual to buttress your stvpid statement. do you know the number of your shameless MUMUgerian compatriots who come to Ghana each day? suffering and smiling country. ordinary electricity sef you guys cant generate. smh
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by rozayx5(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
SantaMafia: taking solace where? in a country where nothing works? where poverty ie so endemic? heard most of your actresses do pr0stitution to survive. in a country of more than 25 million, you mentioned only just one individual to buttress your stvpid statement. do you know the number of your shameless MUMUgerian compatriots who come to Ghana each day? suffering and smiling country. ordinary electricity sef you guys cant generate. smh

heard some ghananians renounced citizenship in ordinary brazil grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by azeeza(f): 5:01am On Jul 26, 2014
Ghanian actresses are not saint either, ask ms Nelson, ms Buhari and even more are doing back door runs so whatchu saying.
SantaMafia: taking solace where? in a country where nothing works? where poverty ie so endemic? heard most of your actresses do pr0stitution to survive. in a country of more than 25 million, you mentioned only just one individual to buttress your stvpid statement. do you know the number of your shameless MUMUgerian compatriots who come to Ghana each day? suffering and smiling country. ordinary electricity sef you guys cant generate. smh
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by Omero(m): 5:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Good move, Me Likey!
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by egbaguy: 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
gyan is a badt guy.........love his business sense. Dude is making cool cash in uae. Datz what i call God blessing!!!!!!!! Dude is playing against mumu players,scoring goals like a KING,earning big cash like a NIGGA. This is d kind of deals eto and drogba shud be signing.

2 Likes

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by SantaMafia: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
rozayx5:

heard some ghananians renounced citizenship in ordinary brazil grin grin
I can see you are a damn illiterate! can you post where Ghanaians renounced their citizenship in Brazil? hahahaha you need to get rid of the generator fumes messing up what is left of your tiny brain. no wonder your countrymen and women are flocking to Ghana like pilgrims going to Mecca grin did you read the report about foreigners seeking to become Ghanaian citizens? at least one of them was a shitnigerian grin which Ghanaian will want to become a shitnigerian- a cursed people? tufiakwa! grin grin grin
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by SantaMafia: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: gyan is a badt guy.........love his business sense. Dude is making cool cash in uae. Datz what i call God blessing!!!!!!!! Dude is playing against mumu players,scoring goals like a KING,earning big cash like a NIGGA. This is d kind of deals eto and drogba shud be signing.
he's a Ghanaian, which makes him naturally a smart guy,huh? grin you see why Ghanaians will always be ahead of others,huh? grin fuckeduppedness
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by egbaguy: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: he's a Ghanaian, which makes him naturally a smart guy,huh? grin you see why Ghanaians will always be ahead of others,huh? grin fuckeduppedness
charlie.......are u ok? Can u plz tell yvonne nelson to leave john dumelo alone? Nelson is silently praying for jumelo to marry her,but john is wise,nigga doesnt want iyanya's left over.
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by jahlove4jah: 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: I can see you are a damn illiterate! can you post where Ghanaians renounced their citizenship in Brazil? hahahaha you need to get rid of the generator fumes messing up what is left of your tiny brain. no wonder your countrymen and women are flocking to Ghana like pilgrims going to Mecca grin did you read the report about foreigners seeking to become Ghanaian citizens? at least one of them was a shitnigerian grin which Ghanaian will want to become a shitnigerian- a cursed people? tufiakwa! grin grin grin
O

only you cursing a country of over 160 million people just because someone (faceless entity ) provoked you? SMH.
Where is the love?
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by SantaMafia: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
azeeza: Ghanian actresses are not saint either, ask ms Nelson, ms Buhari and even more are doing back door runs so whatchu saying.
back door runs? do you have evidence? you talking as if you know everything going on. Do you believe every crap you read. my advice to you is that never believe everything you read unless you have proof,huh? this is a simple and basic fact of life. wonder why most of you nigerians don;t know this. smh
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by tuffgongjo(m): 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
SantaMafia: back door runs? do you have evidence? you talking as if you know everything going on. Do you believe every crap you read. my advice to you is that never believe everything you read unless you have proof,huh? this is a simple and basic fact of life. wonder why most of you nigerians don;t know this. smh
I heard naija male celebrities are always breaking the heart of ghana female celebrities,please is it true?

2 Likes

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by SantaMafia: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
tuffgongjo: I heard naija male celebrities are always breaking the heart of ghana female celebrities,please is it true?
how am I supposed to know this trash? you are talking about a purely personal issue involving two adults. i don't indulge in such idle talk. It may happen both ways so what the fvck are you insinuating? love, they say, knows no boundary. you can ask londoner grin she hates Ghanaians with a passion and yet her boyfriend, abi na husband sef, is Ghanaian embarassed undecided cry

2 Likes

Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by V0lv0(f): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: gyan is a badt guy.........love his business sense. Dude is making cool cash in uae. Datz what i call God blessing!!!!!!!! Dude is playing against mumu players,scoring goals like a KING,earning big cash like a NIGGA. This is d kind of deals eto and drogba shud be signing.
lol @ mumu players
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by egbaguy: 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
V0lv0: lol @ mumu players
hey VOlvo........guess u re frm ghana,right?
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by V0lv0(f): 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: hey VOlvo........guess u re frm ghana,right?
yes am Ghanaian but not living in Gh
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by Antell95(m): 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by egbaguy: 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
V0lv0: yes am Ghanaian but not living in Gh
living in italy?
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by V0lv0(f): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: living in italy?
undecided no
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by ayorins(m): 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
V0lv0: undecided no

living in sambisa
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by egbaguy: 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
V0lv0: undecided no
where do u live? I want to meet u and buy u a drink
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by egbaguy: 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
ayorins:

living in sambisa
not funny
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by tuffgongjo(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: not funny
if are yoruba u will understand this"bobo yen fi ba ja ise yen".
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by chinex276(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Santamafia!!
I comment my rest.
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Not surprised.
Re: Asamoah Gyan Becomes Ghana's Highest Ever Paid Footballer, Earn $60 Million by azeeza(f): 12:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Yes because they are not smart, they suck them like orange and throw them away like chaff. You are asking for evidence, are we in a law court my brother?shine your eyes this is 9raland... You dont beef people and expect a pat on your back.
tuffgongjo: I heard naija male celebrities are always breaking the heart of ghana female celebrities,please is it true?

(1) (Reply)

*breaking News* Manchester United Finally Signs Gareth Bale(photos) / Liverpool Demanded $238m For Coutinho – Barcelona / Arsenal Star Alexis Sanchez Offered £10m Bonus To Sign Pre-contract With PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.