Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ? (1009 Views)

Is Self Servicing A "SIN" For A Couple Whose Partner Is Hardly Around? / Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

? by faithugo64(f): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2014
Re: ? by Tallesty1(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2014
It is a sin

1 Like

Re: ? by faithugo64(f): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2014
tallesty please do you have any bible reference to support what you said
Re: ? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2014
The bible itself doesn't explicitly say it's a sin.
The verses Christians quote to say it's false is the one about Onan. But according to the novel, Onan was killed by god, because he didn't impregnate his brother's wife.

Then Judah said to Onan, ‘Go in to your brother’s wife and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her; raise up offspring for your brother.’ But since Onan knew that the offspring would not be his, he spilled his semen on the ground whenever he went in to his brother’s wife, so that he would not give offspring to his brother. What he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD, and he put him to death also.
Genesis 38: 8-10

Technically, what Onan did was coitus interruptus ie removing the joystick before you erupt, not self-service.

Others say it's a sin because it evokes lust, as and according to Jizz-us, lust is a sin.
See attached picture.

1 Like

Re: ? by faithugo64(f): 11:37am On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist: The bible itself doesn't explicitly say it's a sin.
The verses Christians quote to say it's false is the one about Onan. But according to the novel, Onan was killed by god, because he didn't impregnate his brother's wife.

Technically, what Onan did was coitus interruptus ie removing the joystick before you erupt, not self-service.

Others say it's a sin because it evokes lust, as and according to Jizz-us, lust is a sin.
See attached picture.
nice and detailed explanation,tanx dear

1 Like

Re: ? by Danhumprey: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2014
Apatheist: The bible itself doesn't explicitly say it's a sin.

See attached picture.
You make sense. I like your analysis.

1 Like

Re: ? by Danhumprey: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2014
Tallesty1: It is a sin
Don't just scream that it's a sin. Provide proofs that it's really is. Let's be logical in our argument.

1 Like

Re: ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2014
Danhumprey: Don't just scream that it's a sin. Provide proofs that it's really is. Let's be logical in our argument.
Alright.... Are you a christian?
Re: ? by Danhumprey: 10:37am On Jul 29, 2014
Tallesty1: Alright.... Are you a christian?
Does it fùcking matter? I don't reason base on sentiment but logic!

1 Like

Re: ? by Tallesty1(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2014
Danhumprey: Does it fùcking matter? I don't reason base on sentiment but logic!
It does matter.
Re: ? by ITbomb(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2014
What I always hold on to this kind of topic is that
"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient (helpful towards your purpose in life)
: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any (Anything that wants to get me addicted should be stopped)
: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not (builds you up physically and spiritually - we all know that self service is energy sapping) ".
1 Cor 6 and 10

Finally, whatever would make me lose my boldness and confidence before God should not be a part of my lifestyle whether is is sin or just uncleanliness.

3 Likes

Re: ? by Tallesty1(m): 11:13am On Jul 29, 2014
faithugo64: tallesty please do you have any bible reference to support what you said
I Think I Do.

To be sincere, there is no place in scripture where masturbation is even mentioned, much less forbidden. Butit is clear from Scripture that illicit sexual fantasies are forbidden, and this is a significant issue with masturbation.

The Bible clearly teaches that our minds are as important to God as our bodies are and that we are to remain pure in both. So the goal of the Christian life is to be pure in thought and deed. Masturbation in act may not be a sin but how about the state of your mind?
Masturbation is nearly always the result of lustful thoughts, sexual stimulation, etc.

We are taught to master our body and not give into its desires. Masturbation is one those desires.
Col. 3:5, "Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry."

Now look at this: Ephesians 5:3 declares, “Among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity.” I doubt if masturbating can pass that particular test.

Remember we are told to do everything for the glory of God. “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” ( 1 Corinthians 10:31). No one can proudly self-service for God.

Finaly “Everything that does not come from faith is sin” ( Romans 14:23).

1 Like

Re: ? by chibwike(m): 11:26am On Jul 29, 2014
it is a hell of asin
Re: ? by Mintayo(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Op.
1. How does self-servicing glorifies God?
2. Have you heard of the 'Lust of the flesh', 'Lust of the eyes'?
Re: ? by emmyskies(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
I love the word of GOD:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)

1 Like

Re: ? by faithugo64(f): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2014
emmyskies: I love the word of GOD:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." (Revelation 22:11)
u are so on point

2 Likes

Re: ? by emmyskies(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
It is not clearly stated in the Bible but self-service is a sin that will lead to hell
Re: ? by ikes9(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
well...yes its a sin..
if yhu notice this... when yhu self service for the first time
yhu feel dirty...filthy.. depressed for what yhu have done
secondly ... Your conscience starts flogging yhu...
if your conscience already flogs yhu for self servicing...
then it is a Sin... a sin that even I I'm guilty of...
but it doesn't matter the sin...wah matters is your way of action after the sin.... Choose to repent ...or choose to still wallow in the sin...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? / 15 Years Of Adulterous Endurance: In Defence Of Anita Oyakhilome / How Do We Know Which Books Belong In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.