Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? (1011 Views)

God Has Ordained Orji Kalu To Speak For The Igbo –prophet / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by haykins01(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2014
I know its more of a cliche in our pentecostal churches that you must know how to speak in tongues...Just Last week i attended a pentecostal church(name witheld) with my rummie and the pastor after singing just said evrybody begin to pray in the spirit..The most annoying part was that even Ladies that i know are promiscous started speaking in tongues..Even my rummie that hav numerous babes spoke in tongues..I looked like the odd one out,...This prompted me to ask must every believer know how to speak in tongues??I know at the instant of baptism of the holyspirit,speaking in tongues is an evidence..What happens after that?..Must we all know how to speak in tongues?
Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by tosinendowed(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2014
First to comment. *Speaking in tongues mode activated* makashegeyabo!!
Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2014
No. Its a spiritual gift although I heard some people do learn it. That you don't know how to speak in tongue doesn't mean you're not a christian
Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by visasubagent: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2014
I don't believe in that

1 Like

Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2014
It is not supposed to be so. Speaking in tongues is a gift and we cannot be given d same gift. We have gift of interpreting tongues, gift of singing etc.

1 Like

Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by romzyxy(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2014
speaking in tongues is one of the gift of the holy spirit.there r oda gift bt it not a must dat u ll v d gift of speakin in tongues when d holy spirit comes in u.......like i said dere r still oda gift.being a christian doesnt mean u can speak in tongues.......as for ur friend he should b careful
Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 27, 2014
it's a gift. Just like singing is. A gifted singer can perform miracles through singing. And i don't think you can learn it.
Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by Konjour(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2014
In Nigeria, when I hear people who claim to speak in tongues, they often use the same mumbled

phrases repeatedly and they do copy each other's techniques.

Without disputing the fact that there are people who can, the overwhelming majority of the people

out there do commit some of the gravest sins possible by sinning against the spirit of God by

claiming to hear, speak and see what they know nothing of.
Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2014
Confused Christians. grin
Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by ojimbo(m): 10:02am On Jul 27, 2014
adebayor1490: No. Its a spiritual gift although I heard some people do learn it. That you don't know how to speak in tongue doesn't mean you're not a christian
you mean people do learn to vomit trash from their mouth?

1 Like

Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2014
I have attended a church where the pastor (name withheld) called out members of the church who can't speak in tongues and wishes to learn to Step out, he started with hero shero baba, baba ma seke seke, shaba raba seke lobobo.. Religion, Religion, Religion, How many times did i call you?

And trust naija pple, they are the most gullible people on planet earth who dances to any tune their pastor sings..

Am not trying to be cynical but its so annoying when you see these pastors and the congregation use these same words(abi na sentence i go call am) , some even use it to sing and rap( Am not kidding)

1 Like

Re: Must Every Believer Know How To Speak In Tongues? by haykins01(m): 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
sexyseun: I have attended a church where the pastor (name withheld) called out members of the church who can't speak in tongues and wishes to learn to Step out, he started with hero shero baba, baba ma seke seke, shaba raba seke lobobo.. Religion, Religion, Religion, How many times did i call you?

And trust naija pple, they are the most gullible people on planet earth who dances to any tune their pastor sings..

Am not trying to be cynical but its so annoying when you see these pastors and the congregation use these same words(abi na sentence i go call am) , some even use it to sing and rap( Am not kidding)
You arent d 1st person witnessing dat..God is a patient God, if only man was God,imagine the havoc man would hav caused.....I witnessed it also,We were asked to enter a room and the pastor said repeat after me Masataya..i was lyk wtf!..i can mention the church if am been doubted

(1) (Reply)

Can Pastor Or Church Lead One To Hell? / Will National Id + Mastercard = Mark Of The Beast? / TB Joshua"s Claims On Collapsed Guesthouse Disputed -by Attorney Patryk Utulu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.