Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:42 AM

South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi (1204 Views)

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Egypt FA Appoints Foreign Technical Adviser For National Team / Eagles Have Lost Their Chance — Mashaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by seunlayi(m): 7:10am On Jul 27, 2014
South Africa Football Association, yesterday named local coach Ephraim
‘Shakes’ Mashaba as new manager of the Bafana Bafana, thus ending all
speculations concerning coach Stephen Keshi.
In the middle of the 2014 World Cup campaign, Keshi had sounded a warning
that he could be heading for South Africa if the Nigeria Football Federation
failed to offer him an improved contract.
Mashaba who is making a second coming to the job is presently in charge of
the under-20 team. He said that he was honoured and humbled to have been
appointed head coach of Bafana Bafana for a second time in his career.
“My first work would be to thank Mr Jordaan as well as the entire national
executive. Words fail me. I’m sure I won’t disappoint,” Mashaba said.
“I will pull out all the stops to make sure that our people become part and
parcel of our national team. The only way to do that is by bringing results.”
Mashaba did not attend the announcement because he was with the South
African men’s under-20 team on a tour of West Africa, but he was
contacted by Safa chief executive Dennis Mumble seconds after the
announcement.
Mashaba spoke to the media from Mali by way of Mumble’s loud-speaker on
his mobile phone.
Mashaba, 63, replaces outgoing boss Gordon Igesund, whose contract, which
runs until the end of August, has not been renewed.
Jordaan explained that the national executive committee (NEC), who was
tasked with making the final decision regarding the national coach, made a
unanimous decision to appoint the highly-rated local coach.
“Everyone spoke in support of the national executive,” Jordaan said.
“We eventually had a list of 16 people who indicated their interest in taking
this job. Ultimately that list was submitted to our technical team.
“We asked them to reduce the list to a short-list of names to be placed
before the NEC, for the NEC to take a final decision. They placed before
the NEC two names… that of Carlos Queiroz and Shakes Mashaba.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/sa-disappoints-keshi-appoints-shakes-mashaba/
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Antell95(m): 7:18am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by gunuvi(m): 7:38am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by pendusky(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2014
that doesn't mean keshi was disappointed. the way you guys interpret things seems childish. did keshi tell you he's disappointed?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Christmasdon(m): 7:54am On Jul 27, 2014
Hullahulaboo

1 Like

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by seunlayi(m): 10:43am On Jul 27, 2014
pendusky: that doesn't mean keshi was disappointed. the way you guys interpret things seems childish. did keshi tell you he's disappointed?

1 Like

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by seunlayi(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2014
that was the way the vanguard reported it but me,you and others are aware that Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is already a fulfilled man
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2014
yeye keshi see your life

1 Like

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
hopelink1: yeye keshi see your life

LETS SEE IF DAT HIS BIG HEAD WILL COOL DOWN

1 Like

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Beive85: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by AlwaysCute(m): 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
That does not mean anything,Keshi is still the man,he did it for Nigeria and will still do more if given a second chance.
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Krasid(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Did he apply to be the coach of SA?

1 Like

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Benedict44(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2014
so keshi has been dumped. well, They can still manage him by appointing him as the assistant coach. Let him wait for duplex and fleet of cars + 10million before serving his fatherland while our soldiers are over there trying to enter sambisa forest to catch shecow. He should learn how to honour his father land whether good or bad because those soldier does nt earn millions of naira and yet they still lay their for peace to reign in nigeria....Long live NIGERIA
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Good move by the South Africa FA

They have one of the best leagues in Africa and I have wondered why they cant find a coach good enough in their local league to coach their National team
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by arsetalks(m): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
Did people honestly believe Keshi was going to dump Nigeria for SA? I am sure it was just a stunt to get at his employers. I said it before, it was geared towards getting a better pay package and from all indication, he has succeed and rightly so.

We keep playing overrated white skinned coaches more money neglecting our own coaches who can be better than these foreigners if given the same explosure and treatment.

We tried hiring Bryan Robson before for instance, where is he now?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
arsetalks: Did people honestly believe Keshi was going to dump Nigeria for SA? I am sure it was just a stunt to get at his employers. I said it before, it was geared towards getting a better pay package and from all indication, he has succeed and rightly so.

We keep playing overrated white skinned coaches more money neglecting our own coaches who can be better than these foreigners if given the same explosure and treatment.

We tried hiring Bryan Robson before for instance, where is he now?

more like did people honestly think a leading country like South Africa will hire another African coach who is not South African to coach them? It's not like Keshi is some great tactician.

Keshi does not deserve astronomical pay rise. Our outing in Brazil is questionable and any new contracts for Keshi should include clauses detailing house rules he must obey.

NFF should be able to employ another Nigerian as technical assistant if they feel Keshi is not technical minded enough. I think he is short on tactical knowhow and ability to read a game and effect a change.

If Keshi does not like it he should be sacked. He was given a freehand before Brazil and he blew it.

I also think Keshi should not be given more than 2 years contract. Another Nigerian who is capable of succeeding Keshi should be imposed on him whether he likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by meforyou1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Op, how on earth did they disappoint Kesh? Do u have access to any secret documents?
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by seunlayi(m): 5:15am On Jul 29, 2014
meforyou1: Op, how on earth did they disappoint Kesh? Do u have access to any secret documents?
what I posted is against my view but that was How it was reported.
Re: South Africa FA Appoints Mashaba, Disappoints Keshi by ROCKJ1(m): 5:59am On Jul 29, 2014
You guys should leave Keshi alone... the man is good. his records speaks for him.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki's Son Becomes Youngest Chairman Of A Professional Football Club / How Nigeria Vs Algeria Sparked MMM Trend / New PICS Of African Legend,Roger Milla,The Oldest Player To Score In A World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.