Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Final Year Project - Mayday - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Final Year Project - Mayday (739 Views)

Computer Science Final Year Project / Mayday Mayday! / Final Year Project Topic Ideas, Please!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Year Project - Mayday by pckid: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2008
A music Store and Media player
A website where artiste could sign up and upload their music for sale
then an apllication to work with this website where songs can be previewed listened to for 24 hours or played 5 time and then would be the request for payment to be made to permit unlimited use-payment would be made via internet banking (probably designed specifically for a bank) and then an activation key would be given when payment is made and after the 5 time or 24 hours ultimatum is met,there would be a request for that activation key.

I seek assistance,evalaution,suggestion on preferrable programming language and advice on this,Seruiously i'm not sure i can pull this off and how do i go about connecting the site to the application not allowing export of the music after being downloaded from the site and then the payment structure i still can't figure out
Re: Final Year Project - Mayday by quadrillio(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2008
1, where do you need help?

2, how far have you gone?

3, where can I come in?

4, where do you reside?

reach me on quadri@naijagurus.com or 234-80777966668
Re: Final Year Project - Mayday by lordbenax(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2008
Yo!
Don't let the choice of programming language be a stoppage. Technology is not about programming language, software or hardware it is about people and brains. I dont see any hardwork in what u just said.

1. Build the music player as a desktop application that calls a webservice placed on the music download web site
2. when it calls the webservice, let the first method be to query against a database placed on the web server for all avaliable songs or songs based on the user's search: SELECT * FROM MUSIC WHERE MUSICTITLE = @MUSICTITLE.
3. You would get a datatable, pass it into a session to store it then let a method return that datatable back to the application
4. The application recieves the datatable and passes as a datasource to any component you want to display the data.
5. You use this back/forth method to relay information to/from the web server
6. For the 5 playing times mechanisms: Let the Computer Read the Computer's BIOS info, Store it into a settings, then any time a track is played let it retriev that value and increment it or simply store the number of times the track is played, incrementing with each time. Give a conditional statement that on reading that setings value if it indicates to 5, bring up your Payment Dialog Form, ask the necessary details and call a certain method in your webservice to do the neccessary verification.

If you dont want to use a webservice. You can use a TCP or UDP connection. But make sure you place another program(maybe a console app) on the web server that opens ports and listens for incoming connections from client desktop music players. One Caution make sure the program closes any ports it disposes because that opens loops for hackers.
I think this should help al lot
Re: Final Year Project - Mayday by webstar(m): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2008
Talking about Naughty boys, they will always have their way, but I think a good example of what you are looking for is in www.duduradio.com, tho he used mostly Javascript but you too, you can use ur own stuffs for the song uploading, USe php and for the selection and play all that use Java.
Re: Final Year Project - Mayday by yawatide(f): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2008
wow! I visit duduradio with my (highly recommended) Firefox and get the "Your browswer no longer supported" message.

When was this site made? 1999? tongue

(1) (Reply)

Fulltime Php Programmer Available For Hire / Need A Java And C++ Developer, And A Designer / Artificial Intelligence Programmer Needed For Java Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.