Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! (15299 Views)

How Bureaucrats Let Ebola Spread To Nigeria - How Sawyer Got Ebola / A 2-day Curfew To Curtail Ebola Spread / ...ebola: Spread The Message Not The Panic... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by bigx(m): 6:38am On Jul 28, 2014
Good,

Nigeria close border to control spread of BH too
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:39am On Jul 28, 2014
The federal government should handle this like an emergency and not let it spread like the Boko Haram wahala. May God protect his people. Amen
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by bigx(m): 6:40am On Jul 28, 2014
ayukdaboss: Na wa o...Monkeys transferring it to pigs?? .."airborne " shocked?? ??

Na wa o...Please let the big countries do something

Big countries like the world's most populous black nation grin

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 28, 2014
Good initiative. Hope Guinea does that.
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Bigzig(m): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2014
Oluwa is Involve...
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by ZUBY77(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2014
The lords from US and EU have been testing their laboratory products on Africa since 1900s
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 28, 2014
God
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by overhypedsteve(m): 6:48am On Jul 28, 2014
Now closing my gate to neighbours to slow ebola spread
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by overhypedsteve(m): 6:52am On Jul 28, 2014
citizenisb: Update, one which many will say has been long overdue: Liberia Shuts Border Crossings to Slow Ebola Spread. From Bloomberg:

Only major border crossings at Roberts International Airport, James Spriggs Payne Airport, Foya Crossing, Bo Waterside Crossing, Ganta Crossing to remain open, AllAfrica.com says, citing Liberian govt statement.

At those entry points, testing centers to be set up; “stringent” preventive measures to be announced
New travel policy by Liberia Airport Authority on inspection, testing of all passengers to be strictly observed

There will be restrictions on public gatherings incl. solidarity marches, demonstrations

Hotels, restaurants, entertainment centers, video clubs to play 5-min. film on Ebola awareness, prevention
Govt vehicles to be commandeered, as needed, to support health delivery system
All govt facilities, public places to install/provide public access for hand-washing

It was a few short hours ago when we reported that as part of the escalating Ebola epidemic in West Africa a US doctor, Kent Brantly had himself succumbed to the deadly virus. Moments ago we found out that a second US doctor from the same aid organization in Liberia, Nancy Writebol, has been infected with Ebola.
nice step, i know say if na naija all this bigmen go dun carry their pple run commot
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Onyiido: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2014
Mods pls move tis to front page. Our Govt should also check every border for incoming peeps in nigeria. Nigeria is not $ shouldn't be a dumping ground for bad things, we aren't done with bokoharam $ politicians now ebola
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Uchwilliam(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2014
Pls this disease originated frm my advice is that the medical scientist charged with findin d ebola cure shuld use african herbs,roots,nd leaves to experiment..my take(runs off)
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by oladoya(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2014
Deuteronomy 7:15 "The LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee".

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by gebest: 7:11am On Jul 28, 2014
O boy i dey fear FEAR o, my close friend dey Liberia for peace keeping o. Maybe i will disfriend him because if he return na my house e go first come.

2 Likes

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by immortalvoices(m): 7:13am On Jul 28, 2014
hmmmm God is with us
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by kendrick93(m): 7:13am On Jul 28, 2014
i give dis virus 3 months and it will go extinct just lyk SAS and d rest
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 28, 2014
What will now happen if BH now uses this as their new WMD?
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by UniqueGem(m): 7:16am On Jul 28, 2014
Mutuwa: As if death is not certain.
You sound ready to die.
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2014
This is scary
Omexonomy: Never too late. Why not shut lagos boader an all the Yoruba states for they are too dirty.
Werey!

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by jericco1(m): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2014
Urgh!! They should have done that since and the declaration of dusk to dawn curfew should follow too.

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by GoldStandard: 7:36am On Jul 28, 2014
Dear Lord, our hands are full already! We don't need another disaster!
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 28, 2014
scanp: We shall hear of all d diseases bt it shall nt come near us.... We are covered wit d blood of Jesus #teamWinnersfamily
LOL. You people...

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by sigmundfreud(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2014
...scary!
Government should set up centers for evaluation and management.
Anybody that has entered the country in the 30-60 days from affected regions shd be traced and followed up.
Government should get doctors back to work pronto!
If the spread should start in Nigeria, the devastation will be greater than all the ones we've heard before.
God help us!

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by sigmundfreud(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2014
kendrick93: i give dis virus 3 months and it will go extinct just lyk SAS and d rest
SARS did not go into extinction... If Ebola is allowed to ravage 3 months unchecked, some of the IDs on nl will disappear forever.
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Burger01(m): 7:45am On Jul 28, 2014
gebest: O boy i dey fear FEAR o, my close friend dey Liberia for peace keeping o. Maybe i will disfriend him because if he return na my house e go first come.
Hian! Which kain yeye friend you be self A friend in need is a friend indeed, abeg. Just show him care and feel concerned. If he is a carrier then you call authorities for proper care.. No fears bro..

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by zeb04(f): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2014
Ishilove:
Dear Lord! This is just terrible! shocked Isn't there a vaccine or something?

Since Ebola has no cure, and it MAY also be airborne, AND it now penetrates protective gear, na to use anointing oil and anointing water sure pass sad. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... sad
lol praying for your life I guess

1 Like

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Kalvan: 7:49am On Jul 28, 2014
ZUBY77: The lords from US and EU have been testing their laboratory products on Africa since 1900s

Shut up, you fool.
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by nora544: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2014
scanp: We shall hear of all d diseases bt it shall nt come near us.... We are covered wit d blood of Jesus #teamWinnersfamily

This two doctors belong to the charity organisation from Billy Graham one of this healing churches in america.

Samaritan's Purse is an evangelical Christian humanitarian organization that targets people in physical need as a fundamental part of their Christian missionary work. The organization’s president is Franklin Graham, son of Christian evangelist Billy Graham. The name of the organization is based on the New Testament Parable of the Good Samaritan, in which Jesus uses a parable to teach people the second great commandment – how to "love your neighbour as yourself".

I know that at the same time doctors without border work in the same country and also with ebola so why all doctors from the other organisation are healthy?

2 Likes

Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Kalvan: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2014
Africans.

People are actually praying on the Thread, lol!!

Be proactive!!! Sit there and wait for boy Jesus to come and swallow the Ebola. Fools.
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by gebest: 7:58am On Jul 28, 2014
Burger01:
Hian! Which kain yeye friend you be self A friend in need is a friend indeed, abeg. Just show him care and feel concerned. If he is a carrier then you call authorities for proper care.. No fears bro..
bros 4 Ebola matter? Habaa virus wei dey vex, e no wan kn family o, anyway d guy is a gud person i dont pray he contract it.
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by elbinmanny(m): 8:02am On Jul 28, 2014
and some naija babes have already thought that this ebola is another hit song... u go dey here dem with names like Ebola barbie....ebola vicky....ebola swanky cry undecided
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by Glaxx(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2014
New trend...
#CloseOurBordersNow!
Re: LIBERIA Closes Border To Slow EBOLA Spread!! by mencade5(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2014
Ishilove:
Dear Lord! This is just terrible! shocked Isn't there a vaccine or something?

Since Ebola has no cure, and it MAY also be airborne, AND it now penetrates protective gear, na to use anointing oil and anointing water sure pass sad. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... sad
can i hug you? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Commissions Critical Care Unit For State Teaching Hospital (Photos) / Police Inspector ‘kills Self’ In Maiduguri / Benefits Of Body Steaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.