Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,671 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God (4934 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by double08(m): 2:46am On Jul 28, 2014
Was listening to the pastor yesterday in church and while he was preaching he said "the Lord spoke to me" it got me thinking how do God speak to a pastor and who do you know God's voice?
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by DaVinChiSam(m): 3:44am On Jul 28, 2014
Role up some spliff you gonna hear his Voice clearly. InFact if you smoke enough you might get bonus of seeing him too cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Weah96: 4:34am On Jul 28, 2014
double08: Was listening to the pastor yesterday in church and while he was preaching he said "the Lord spoke to me" it got me thinking how do God speak to a pastor and who do you know God's voice?

Good question. I think he's talking to their hearts.

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:43am On Jul 28, 2014
double08: Was listening to the pastor yesterday in church and while he was preaching he said "the Lord spoke to me" it got me thinking how do God speak to a pastor and who do you know God's voice?
wake up from nightmare girl
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Tgirl4real(f): 5:36am On Jul 28, 2014

They don't have any special way. He is lying.

God speaks to all believers primarily through is word. Heb 1

Anyone who claims to have heard from God should tell us how his voice sounds.

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by MightySparrow: 6:00am On Jul 28, 2014
Jesus said, '
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.' John 10: 3
You have asked avoid and fundamental question in Christianity. Christian is a personal God. He desires and does speak to His own. If you will listen, you will hear Him.
. 'Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,' Heb. 3: 7
Pls find and read You Can be Led by the Holy Spirit, by Kenneth Hagin. and other books by seasoned, practising authors like Pst. Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo etc
If truly you want to hear from God, you will. It is a sweet experience.
Success in your adventure.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Tgirl4real(f): 6:09am On Jul 28, 2014
MightySparrow: Jesus said, '
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.' John 10: 3
You have asked avoid and fundamental question in Christianity. Christian is a personal God. He desires and does speak to His own. If you will listen, you will hear Him.
. 'Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,' Heb. 3: 7
Pls find and read You Can be Led by the Holy Spirit, by Kenneth Hagin. and other books by seasoned, practising authors like Pst. Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo etc

Can you recommend other prechears other than these heretics? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 28, 2014
@t girl pastor e a adeboye hears the voice of God.he is not a heretic.listen to his sermons,read his books.If you want to hear God's voice it will require from you.

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 28, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Dr DK Olukoya(MFM)

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 28, 2014
Hearing from God himself is the sweetest thing that can happen to a person in life, cos in is words, there is protection. Lord i desire it.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by MightySparrow: 6:33am On Jul 28, 2014
Tgirl4real:

I can if I know. I said the practising hearers that wrote books about the topic. One Bishop Barclay's wrote a book like that. Also, one David Alsbrook, I thjnk Robert Tintin Joyce Meyer, these are scarce on the shelf. The recommended are available almost every christian bookshop.
However, you do not have to call the first authors heretics. The problem of Christians is that a poor person would not learn from a prosperity preacher because of ego or because he belongs to a particular denomination where he is taught that others are bad or heretic. Some who are evidently in bandage will not seek the help of a deliverance minister or a prophet because he is under a teacher who believes he has it all. This same teacher may behaving a shouting problem himself.
The Bible says' here a little, there a little.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by MightySparrow: 6:36am On Jul 28, 2014
Azukam1:
Dr DK Olukoya(MFM)
yes, I use his book for prayers. He is one of my mentors but I have not seen his book on the topic.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by semasir: 6:38am On Jul 28, 2014
Pastors are scripturally elders not these titles flying around now rather they're all preachers. God speaks to us all thru His words, Hebrews 1.1-2 cf: Hebrews 2:1-3
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by MightySparrow: 6:48am On Jul 28, 2014
semasir: Pastors are scripturally elders not these titles flying around now rather they're all preachers. God speaks to us all thru His words, Hebrews 1.1-2 cf: Hebrews 2:1-3

You are partially right, the same Book of Hebrews say where I quoted, The Holy Spirit said, ' today, if you will hear His voice....' besides the word The Holy Spirit is still speaking.
If you have not heard Him once, you will be a wrong teacher, confusing innocent, knowledge seeking saints. You see you can't argue against evidence. Many people like you have argument but not evidence. I used to be like that but now, if you say God speaks or heals, I want the experience and I found out God is more real in experience that only letters.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by semasir: 7:00am On Jul 28, 2014
I can't be partially right as said, you either fail or pass an exams, let's stop sitting on the fence. Am I wrong or right on what is said?

MightySparrow:

You are partially right, the same Book of Hebrews say where I quoted, The Holy Spirit said, ' today, if you will hear His voice....' besides the word The Holy Spirit is still speaking.
If you have not heard Him once, you will be a wrong teacher, confusing innocent, knowledge seeking saints. You see you can't argue against evidence. Many people like you have argument but not evidence. I used to be like that but now, if you say God speaks or heals, I want the experience and I found out God is more real in experience that only letters.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by MightySparrow: 7:35am On Jul 28, 2014
semasir: I can't be partially right as said, you either fail or pass an exams, let's stop sitting on the fence. Am I wrong or right on what is said?

The fellow that asked the question said the pastor claimed to have heard God' volce. And therefore, asked how do pastors hear God. I referred him to some authors and did not give him any means which the word is definitely primary. Being some one who is seeking knowledge, it is wrong for me to tell him everything I read or know on a forum like this. If he is really searching for knowledge let him learn. But to say that the word is the only means of hearing from God, that is erroneous. That is why I said you are partially right. The experience of one may differ from the other. However, the principles are the same. I do not mean to hurt you but to help the fellow. biko
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2014
Everybody dey mention their church and pastor name.
Make I do my own.
Pastor Ogbuefi Chukwuma Ciroma Adedeji Haruna of 666 End time ministries.
Located at 419 Street, off Scam Boulevard. grin

He hears from God too. He says god has a bass voice, while angel Gabriel has a tenor voice cheesy

He says we should take weed and magic mushrooms to hear from God and it works! cheesy Hallelujah!
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Tgirl4real(f): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Dux01: @t girl pastor e a adeboye hears the voice of God.he is not a heretic.listen to his sermons,read his books.If you want to hear God's voice it will require from you.

I don't worship man. cheesy
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Eratosthenes(m): 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
auditory hallucination or the man was just lying....

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
Demonic ministry thrives today, the devil transforming himself into an angel of light.

It is this demonic voice they hear at times. At some other times, they hear nothing but they are accustomed to that manner of speaking. Atimes, it is just a hallucination.

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Emusan(m): 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
JMAN05: Demonic ministry thrives today, the devil transforming himself into an angel of light.

It is this demonic voice they hear at times. At some other times, they hear nothing but they are accustomed to that manner of speaking. Atimes, it is just a hallucination.

Do you mean it is impossible for a believer to hear God's voice?
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by pet4luv2k10ioma(f): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yes Pastors hear the voice of the Lord, but if you don't want to believe. Let me ask you a question. How do Pastors know what your passing through (Your problems)?.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by jdilight(m): 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014

By being a child of God.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Weah96: 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
pet4luv2k10ioma: Let me ask you a question. How do Pastors know what your passing through (Your problems)?.

They don't. Adversity is a natural consequence of life, no prophecy needed. How do pastors know that their members have financial problems? Well, their members are humans

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by quincie(m): 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Don't you hear your biological father when he speaks to you? How much more you heavenly father that created mouth and ear....If you can't hear frm God it simply mean you are stil a kiddo in d kindomship al you need to do is grow in Christ.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by texaco1: 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
If it is possible for people to hear demonic voices,or satanic and occultic voices then it is very possible for people to hear from God. There are many things happening in the world that does not rely on whether you believe it or not. Ppl that are hearing from God are still hearing from Him. So whether some people believe it or not doesn't change that fact

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Weah96: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
texaco1: If it is possible for people to hear demonic voices,or satanic and occultic voices then it is very possible for people to hear from God. There are many things happening in the world that does not rely on whether you believe it or not. Ppl that are hearing from God are still hearing from Him. So whether some people believe it or not doesn't change that fact

Whether you believe it or not, Mohammed was the last prophet sent by the creator of the universe, which can only mean that the apostles, including Paul, were possessed by demons. Your belief doesn't change anything about that "fact."
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by texaco1: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
Weah96:

Whether you believe it or not, Mohammed was the last prophet sent by the creator of the universe, which can only mean that the apostles, including Paul, were possessed by demons. Your belief doesn't change anything about that "fact."
you are free to believe whatever you wish to believe in. We christians don't argue or look for hostile arguements ,if mohammed is ur saviour then bravo to you and good luck,Jesus christ is mine and whatever you believe in doesn't change the fact of what I believe in and experience day in day out. I will never call ur mohammed names or say he was hearing demonic voices ,we christians are above such childish online arguments. So good luck

1 Like

Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Weah96: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
texaco1: you are free to believe whatever you wish to believe in. We christians don't argue or look for hostile arguements ,if mohammed is ur saviour then bravo to you and good luck,Jesus christ is mine and whatever you believe in doesn't change the fact of what I believe in and experience day in day out. I will never call ur mohammed names or say he was hearing demonic voices ,we christians are above such childish online arguments. So good luck

Why are you wasting time with Jesus when you can embrace Islam? It's the only way to heaven, whether you believe it or not. Your belief in Jesus doesn't change the fact that Allah is the true God and Mohammed is his prophet.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by texaco1: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
Weah96:

Why are you wasting time with Jesus when you can embrace Islam? It's the only way to heaven, whether you believe it or not. Your belief in Jesus doesn't change the fact that Allah is the true God and Mohammed is his prophet.
look,I respect ur religion and I will not condemn ur religion except in cases where some extremists among u take innocent lives,I have very very close associates who are muslims and even they follow me to church at times. My own submission is this,I believe in something that has been manifested to me and something which is real,not just words or readings. I believe in the death and resurrection of Lord Jesus. It is what I have experienced that I talk about and about ppl doubting the existence of Gods voice , well good luck to them ,whether they believe it or not God is still talking to people the same way hHe was doing then.
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Best thing is to go ask one
Re: How Do Pastors Hear The Voice Of God by chucks185: 9:10pm On May 12, 2020
MightySparrow:
Jesus said, '
if i hear, why none of them heard from god about covid-19?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Signs Of The Times: My Thoughts / Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.