Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1355005 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 12:59am On Nov 14, 2017
Ifecrown:
Please,I want to ask if anyone knows of another center in Port Harcourt apart from BY Mafit? if yes can you share their Contact/Address?

BY MAFIT is not a center.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CDCgirl: 6:55am On Nov 14, 2017
Scholastica16:

Write another one over there. Pay yourself and resubmit it to your school.

Apparently, your agent used a dud creditcard to pay and ETS on recognizing it, cancelled the result (which they have powers to) or did you use a mercenary to write the test? Don't be offended by my question.

What are the consequences of both?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by wissy47: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2017
CDCgirl:
hi guys please i am in a dilemma and wanted to know if there is anyone who has been in my situation and how they were able to resolve it. So i registered for the GRE exam with an agent about 6months ago and i am currently in a university in the US but i just received an email from the ETS saying my score has been cancelled. i don't understand why they chose 6 months after the exam to cancel it or why, and i don't know how it will affect my studies please has any one had similar experience?

I think you should take a legal action against them, but try to reach them first to find out why your score was cancelled,
and please what is the name of the agency so that others will not fall prey

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ifecrown: 11:53am On Nov 14, 2017
thanks for that clarification.
my issue is that i would like to sit for the exam Nov 30 or Dec 1, but the dates BY Mafit is reporting feasible are Nov 22 or Dec 29.
and i want to apply for Fall 2018, I'm kinda of stressed and restless right now because im not fully prepared.
Don't know if i should go ahead and write Nov 22. your candid advice is needed.
Scholastica16:

BY MAFIT is not a center.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2017
CDCgirl:

Lol, both. Which one is the koko, let men help you dissect it
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CDCgirl: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
ponpon:
Lol, both. Which one is the koko, let men help you dissect it

Mercenary
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
CDCgirl:

Mercenary is a big big deal.

Bad agent, is not your fault but it is not ETS' business as well.

You may need to retake that GRE yourself for bad agent/fraudulent credit card.

The other one? Pass my power. May the forces be with you sister.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2017
wissy47:

I think you should take a legal action against them, but try to reach them first to find out why your score was cancelled,
and please what is the name of the agency so that others will not fall prey

Legal action against who? Read the terms of your GRE well if you are referring to ETS. If the agent, that is a different kettle of fish.

But I bet people know using unregistered agents is a toss up between risky and rewarding.

The last part (Machinery) is the one that issa huge deal.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ifecrown:
thanks for that clarification.
my issue is that i would like to sit for the exam Nov 30 or Dec 1, but the dates BY Mafit is reporting feasible are Nov 22 or Dec 29.
and i want to apply for Fall 2018, I'm kinda of stressed and restless right now because im not fully prepared.
Don't know if i should go ahead and write Nov 22. your candid advice is needed.

If you check ETS' available dates for GRE in PH or Lagos I bet you may not see Dec 1 available. I think that date quickly filled up as far back as September. I recommend you took the test on Dec 29th to give you more time to prepare.

There is no point rushing to get a bad score. A lot of other good schools are still available in January and with the right score/profile you could be competitive.

Someone applied April or May for a PhD in a top 100 school and he was fully-funded less than a month after. His profile was too good for the school to turn down.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
CDCgirl:

Mercenary
Well, as scholastica16 has said. It'll be better for you to write another test asap for keeps because ETS have or would mail your school this update. Start reading asap, holla I'll give you magoosh for prep. Hope for the worst and pray for the best. Karma is a beautiful biatch
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mikeayus(m): 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
@Walesat1625 here are schs in d usa for public health

paulbets:

Check SOPHAS

www.sophas.org
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by arTiculaTe01: 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
So much said... I'd be sitting for the GRE on the 24th of November (Friday, next week). My center, according to the info I garnered from the ETS website, is in Owerri. Registered through the B.Y. Mafit guys in hopes that they book a Port Harcourt center for me but this happened... shocked angry I hope this is a valid center as i do not want to receive some disheartening mail from ETS months later. lol. Your thoughts please......
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
arTiculaTe01:
So much said... I'd be sitting for the GRE on the 24th of November (Friday, next week). My center, according to the info I garnered from the ETS website, is in Owerri. Registered through the B.Y. Mafit guys in hopes that they book a Port Harcourt center for me but this happened... shocked angry I hope this is a valid center as i do not want to receive some disheartening mail from ETS months later. lol. Your thoughts please......
The poster above used "MACHINE"
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
arTiculaTe01:

I don't know how you guys do these things in hope. So if I live in Kaduna I would travel down to Owerri for the GRE?

Something feels off about this arrangement. When I used BY MAFIT, I was asked for the venue I wanted and it was selected for me. When you noticed they did not give you the PH venue you wanted, why did you not call?

BY MAFIT have been in business for 6 years or so. They don't even pay for the tests with credit cards so the odds of getting your result cancelled via that means is almost negligible.

But if you hired a mercenary who is going to superimpose his picture on your international ID to get into the venue, don't be surprised if you are found out months down.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2017
ponpon:
The poster above used "MACHINE"

grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:04am On Nov 15, 2017
Scholastica16:

grin
I only hear about it, I never knew it was possible.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
ponpon:
Well, as scholastica16 has said. It'll be better for you to write another test asap for keeps because ETS have or would mail your school this update. Start reading asap, holla I'll give you magoosh for prep. Hope for the worst and pray for the best. Karma is a beautiful biatch
Sir I'd appreciate if u can help me with the videos too...thanks in anticipation.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by arTiculaTe01: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
Scholastica16:

I don't know how you guys do these things in hope. So if I live in Kaduna I would travel down to Owerri for the GRE?

Something feels off about this arrangement. When I used BY MAFIT, I was asked for the venue I wanted and it was selected for me. When you noticed they did not give you the PH venue you wanted, why did you not call?

BY MAFIT have been in business for 6 years or so. They don't even pay for the tests with credit cards so the odds of getting your result cancelled via that means is almost negligible.

But if you hired a mercenary who is going to superimpose his picture on your international ID to get into the venue, don't be surprised if you are found out months down.

A word is enough for the wise.

I work and reside around PH. I could not afford to accept the next available date for the PH center since it was too close to my date of registration. Moreover, the question of hiring a mercenary is totally out of it. I did call the attendant lady, and severally, but she insisted that if I wanted a date far-off, they I would have to settle for the available one - which was far more important to me than the location itself. I am only bothered about the authenticity of the venue, nothing more...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Yildiz: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Just finished writing my GRE. My scores are
Verbal 159
Quantitative 163.
Details later

21 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
Pls I need an ans to Dis info.. is dere any exam centre in ibadan for the TOEFL exam..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
starziod:

Congrat Yildiz on ur TOEFL score,

Pls Kindly share ur material with me @ zoidbitcoin@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation for ur warm response!
pls share. With me too ashkenking2000@gmail.com.thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
arTiculaTe01:

I work and reside around PH. I could not afford to accept the next available date for the PH center since it was too close to my date of registration. Moreover, the question of hiring a mercenary is totally out of it. I did call the attendant lady, and severally, but she insisted that if I wanted a date far-off, they I would have to settle for the available one - which was far more important to me than the location itself. I am only bothered about the authenticity of the venue, nothing more...

Authenticity of the venue has nothing to do with BY MAFIT or any other vendors. ETS decides which place is acceptable to them. Of course, should that place mess up, ETS themselves could withold results from such venue pending further investigation.

People at JKK have had their results witheld before but later released. It is something that happens from time to time. As long as one is not using a fake or stolen credit card, or a mercenary, they have nothing to fear.

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
Yildiz:
Verbal 159
Quantitative 163.
Details later

86th percentile Q, 84th percentile V, congrats bro.

To add your solid MS degree with your first degree. Your wonderful TOEFL. I don't see anything stopping you at all.

Hopefully the AWA comes out at minimum of 82nd percentile too. wink

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
ashkenking:
Pls I need an ans to Dis info.. is dere any exam centre in ibadan for the TOEFL exam..

There used to be, few years back, don't know if it still exists. Why don't you check via your TOEFL account or the ETS TOEFL portal?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olansindeed: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
Good evenin all.
I am interested in applying for PHD Plant pathology. Below are my profile.
GRE V-154 Q- 159 BSc GPA- 6.5/7 IELTS- 7.5
I will need ur candid advice on schools I can apply to.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fortune29: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2017
Good day all.
I wrote the GRE today at JKK. 159V, 157Q. Disappointed with the score as I was hoping for a much higher Q.
I got two straightforward analytical writing tasks and then the exam in the format QVQVQ.
I registered with a frequently mentioned agency on this thread and used a variety of materials: cracking the gre, Kaplan, magoosh.
I'm a fall 2018 hopeful for PhD in energy systems engineering.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
fortune29:
Good day all.
I wrote the GRE today at JKK. 159V, 157Q. Disappointed with the score as I was hoping for a much higher Q.
I registered with a frequently mentioned agency on this thread and used a variety of materials: cracking the gre, Kaplan, magoosh.

Congratulations on your score brother... I think we have seen quite al lot of intimidating score on this thread to make some of us think we haven't done enough cheesy and make kind of statement as above... your scores are not as bad as you make it sound and yes you can get admitted and funded with it ... Cheers man, you've done well!

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fortune29: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
Cephas0009:

Congratulations on your score brother... I think we have seen quite al lot of intimidating score on this thread to make some of us think we haven't done enough cheesy and make kind of statement as above... your scores are not as bad as you make it sound and yes you can get admitted and funded with it ... Cheers man, you've done well!

You're right. Many great people and gangsta scores on the thread. lol. I was inspired to rewrite.
I actually wrote the exam last year with same Q score and V increased by 1 this year.
I've been a ghostreader but I promised myself to share my experience this time.
hopefully, the score will be enough to get a funded admission this time around. Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TooMuchSauce: 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
Yildiz:
Verbal 159
Quantitative 163.
Details later

Your success was never in doubt. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
olansindeed:
Good evenin all.

I am interested in applying for PHD Plant pathology. Below are my profile.

GRE V-154
Q- 159
BSc GPA- 6.5/7
IELTS- 7.5

I will need ur candid advice on schools I can apply to.

Hmmm. This GPA is something. Congrats on your other scores.

Take a look at this list;

http://colleges.startclass.com/d/o/Plant-Pathology_-_Phytopathology
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
fortune29:
Good day all.
I got two straightforward analytical writing tasks and then the exam in the format QVQVQ.

Great scores really. All that matters is applying to the right schools at the right time. Congrats.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olansindeed: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
Scholastica16:

Hmmm. This GPA is something. Congrats on your other scores.

Take a look at this list;

http://colleges.startclass.com/d/o/Plant-Pathology_-_Phytopathology

University of Ibadan CGPA scale

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.