Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine (981 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by timawoku(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Just yesterday I was driving down from abuja (on my way to lagos), I got to ibadan around 9 pm so I decided to stay in a hotel (and kukuma continue the journey the next day). I went to a hotel around iwo road axis (name withheld), got my self fish pepper soup and relaxed with a cold bottle of udeme. Called my wife dat I was gonna come d next day, paid money (3500 ooo) of a room to the hotel assistant (one small boy like 18 yrs) who was grinning and keenly took me to the room,I followed. It was an upstairs hotel and d room was located at the end of a very dark corridor. When I entered I immediately noticed a stench smell, and,alas! A huge rat ran towards us (as if to tell us to move out) but the boy was not to be outwitted. A stick landed on the rats head (that was now at the back of something that looked like a table). I checked the time,twas 11.30,no other place to go for now,I resigned to fate and tried to lie down(really tried, I was scared of the beddings).I looked at the curtain and wondered if it had ever been washed, I was scared of reprisal attack from the rats family,somehow,I fell asleep(oblivious of the worse that was coming). I woke up (like as if I was in the middle of a bomb blast) like 30 mins and started fearing for my life, the bed bug family had launched full attack on my (now inflamed) back. O boy. I grabbed the beddings (after a hard time believing I actually paid money for the room,3500 ooo) dropped it on the floor, and went to sleep. Some how, the rats family assembled (or maybe I was on their assembly ground) and started unleashing their wrath on poor me. My sleep was interrupted every other 5 mins. I was at a crossroad,eventually,I opted out for the 'mr and mrs bed bug'. I was quickly reminded of their merciless attacks. I later kukuma sat on the wooden stuff (dat looked like a table). I wondered if I was kidnapped or something. I later removed the mattress, and kept the beddings on just the wooden frame and slept on it. (By now I was seriously looking at the time. By the time I heard (or tut I heard) the first cock crowed, I just grabbed my car keys.I left ib like 3.30 am,my wife was shocked to find me beside her (sleeping soundly *hugging the pillow*) when she woke up. She laughed at me when she eventually heard the story. Story that touches my heart gan gan. My 3500. They should pay me for surviving some hours in that room. I still tremble when I rmbr that night (yesterday/this morning o) feel free to share your bad hotel experience, that was mine....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
Your palaba
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by tolugar: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
What do u expect in a 3500 hotel. A jacuzzi? Massage? Water bed? U re lucky. Is like that one is a 5* in that range.

Next story abey!!!

Bomb blast again!!!!

Where!!!
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by Lordabas: 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
finding blood all over the sheets! YUCK!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by timawoku(m): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
tolugar: What do u expect in a 3500 hotel. A jacuzzi? Massage? Water bed? U re lucky. Is like that one is a 5* in that range.

Next story abey!!!

Bomb blast again!!!!

Where!!!
my broda I dey sleep better hotel for 3500 in lagos sha, I was just passing I say make man sleep hotel o,I no get am for mind before.

So as we dey talk...

Where is the bomb blast? *sips alomo*
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by GatJokez(f): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
timawoku: Just yesterday I was driving down from abuja (on my way to lagos), I got to ibadan around 9 pm so I decided to stay in a hotel (and kukuma continue the journey the next day). I went to a hotel around iwo road axis (name withheld), got my self fish pepper soup and relaxed with a cold bottle of udeme. Called my wife dat I was gonna come d next day, paid money (3500 ooo) of a room to the hotel assistant (one small boy like 18 yrs) who was grinning and keenly took me to the room,I followed. It was an upstairs hotel and d room was located at the end of a very dark corridor. When I entered I immediately noticed a stench smell, and,alas! A huge rat ran towards us (as if to tell us to move out) but the boy was not to be outwitted. A stick landed on the rats head (that was now at the back of something that looked like a table). I checked the time,twas 11.30,no other place to go for now,I resigned to fate and tried to lie down(really tried, I was scared of the beddings).I looked at the curtain and wondered if it had ever been washed, I was scared of reprisal attack from the rats family,somehow,I fell asleep(oblivious of the worse that was coming). I woke up (like as if I was in the middle of a bomb blast) like 30 mins and started fearing for my life, the bed bug family had launched full attack on my (now inflamed) back. O boy. I grabbed the beddings (after a hard time believing I actually paid money for the room,3500 ooo) dropped it on the floor, and went to sleep. Some how, the rats family assembled (or maybe I was on their assembly ground) and started unleashing their wrath on poor me. My sleep was interrupted every other 5 mins. I was at a crossroad,eventually,I opted out for the 'mr and mrs bed bug'. I was quickly reminded of their merciless attacks. I later kukuma sat on the wooden stuff (dat looked like a table). I wondered if I was kidnapped or something. I later removed the mattress, and kept the beddings on just the wooden frame and slept on it. (By now I was seriously looking at the time. By the time I heard (or tut I heard) the first cock crowed, I just grabbed my car keys.I left ib like 3.30 am,my wife was shocked to find me beside her (sleeping soundly *hugging the pillow*) when she woke up. She laughed at me when she eventually heard the story. Story that touches my heart gan gan. My 3500. They should pay me for surviving some hours in that room. I still tremble when I rmbr that night (yesterday/this morning o) feel free to share your bad hotel experience, that was mine....

Wow, you're a creative writer and should write a book grin

On a serious note, sounds very gross and I would be angry too.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
If you had moved into town a bit, you would have gotten something better for that same price.
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by ogashman(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2014
@op...Dat hotel boy wicked shaa!
@least Him for give u some otapiapia!
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by timawoku(m): 10:35am On Jul 30, 2014
GatJokez:

Wow, you're a creative writer and should write a book grin

On a serious note, sounds very gross and I would be angry too.
thanks grin grin grin
i was more than angry, in fact, i don't mind going there again to blast the management. bur that would be another time sha, as per writing, i am a dedicated writer already....
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by timawoku(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2014
bossladyMo: If you had moved into town a bit, you would have gotten something better for that same price.
yes that's true... the problem was that i wanted to stay close to the express to avoid unnecessary hassles the next morning...i sleep in very good hotels at 3k-5k in ibadan.
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by timawoku(m): 10:40am On Jul 30, 2014
ogashman: @op...Dat hotel boy wicked shaa!
@least Him for give u some otapiapia!
that boy sabi wetin he dey do, he nearly push me inside lock door from outside sef...he know say that room, dog sef no fit live there. the rats done carry the otapiapia, so na to lock up... grin
Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by ogashman(m): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2014
timawoku: that boy sabi wetin he dey do, he nearly push me inside lock door from outside sef...he know say that room, dog sef no fit live there. the rats done carry the otapiapia, so na to lock up... grin

those kind rats go dey resistant to otapiapiagringringrin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Bad Hotel Experience(s) Here,this Is Mine by timawoku(m): 11:07am On Jul 30, 2014
ogashman:

those kind rats go dey resistant to otapiapiagringringrin
rats way dey wear boxing gloves...

(1) (Reply)

22 Types Of People You Meet When Travelling By Bus In Nigeria / Delta State Carnival, Ogwashi-uku 2014 Edition / Exploring The Hills Of Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.