Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,519 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance (1520 Views)

Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Differences Between Android And Window Phones / How To Recover Deleted Photos On Iphone And Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Daddi: 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
What's the difference between window phones (e.g nokia XL smartphone) and android phones (e.g HTC, Techno, Gionee). I know they're both smartphones but which one have BETTER PERFORMANCE than the other. 'll also appreciate contributions from that used them or any of them and the phone gurus in the house, reasons for supporting any would also be of great help. Thanks in advance
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by angela98(f): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
Both of them are good and they both have their shortcomings. What u are looking for in a phone will determine which u best prefer and think is the best.

1 Like

Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by fijiano202(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
Nokia XL is not a windows phone and HTC also have windows phone thats what am using..specify what u want in a phone but Windows phone is mainly meant for private people

1 Like

Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Nsonaso(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Android is better than every other OS

Reasons:
1. You can make millions of choice of which Android brand you want to use (not tied to any specific manufacturer)

2. It has more Quality apps that you can get for free without too much trouble

3. You can use it as a mass storage device to copy media files /document or any type of file to and from a PC (don't need to synchronize with any rubbish software)

4. You can easily customize the UI to suit you when bored with your stock UI

5. You can easily share files with friends, family and coworker without too much trouble..

6. etc

3 Likes

Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Daddi: 11:14am On Jul 29, 2014
fijiano202: Nokia XL is not a windows phone and HTC also have windows phone thats what am using..specify what u want in a phone but Windows phone is mainly meant for private people
wow, thanks. I like nokia products especially for their battery durability but as I learnt XL is a window I imagined it might have limitations to android. Secondly I prefer keypads than screen touch(though a combination of keypad n touchscreen's welcomed), dual sim 'll also make the choice perfect.
In this requirements, techno Q1 would've been the best but I'm not moved by it. Hope you understand what I need. Thanks
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Daddi: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2014
angela98: Both of them are good and they both have their shortcomings. What u are looking for in a phone will determine which u best prefer and think is the best.
I would've loved nokia XL but considering its a window phone I'm thinking it might have limitations.
Nice 'surulere' you've got at ur DP
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by digitite: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Both are cool. It all boils down to utility.
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Boomboost(m): 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Check tecno m5 vs nokia 630 topic.I personally prescribe android for a youth and windows for the elderly.
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by DjAndroid: 6:47am On Jul 30, 2014
If you are talking SMARTPHONE don't talk about windows phone. There is nothing smart about windows phone.

Windows Phone just have a beautiful UI and nothing more.
I have used both. Winpho is nowhere close to android in performance.
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by DjAndroid: 6:49am On Jul 30, 2014
Daddi: I would've loved nokia XL but considering its a window phone I'm thinking it might have limitations.
Nice 'surulere' you've got at ur DP

Nokia xl is an android device.
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Daddi: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2014
DjAndroid:

wow, thats great great, it meets my specs though only that it lacks keypad atleast it dual sim
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by MrKodak(m): 8:14am On Jul 30, 2014
DjAndroid: If you are talking SMARTPHONE don't talk about windows phone. There is nothing smart about windows phone.

Wow! What a judgment. Do you care to elaborate?
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2014
Daddi: What's the difference between window phones (e.g nokia XL smartphone) and android phones (e.g HTC, Techno, Gionee). I know they're both smartphones but which one have BETTER PERFORMANCE than the other. 'll also appreciate contributions from that used them or any of them and the phone gurus in the house, reasons for supporting any would also be of great help. Thanks in advance
Nokia XL is not a Windows Phone,its actually runs on Nokia's version of android. Yes windows phone has its limitations but trust me its not as bad as people say. By the way android OS is overrated
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2014
MrKodak:
Wow! What a judgment. Do you care to elaborate?
thank you,so many people just say things because others are saying it.
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by Daddi: 11:55am On Jul 30, 2014
mykel20: Nokia XL is not a Windows Phone,its actually runs on Nokia's version of android. Yes windows phone has its limitations but trust me its not as bad as people say. By the way android OS is overrated
Its ok, if nokia version of android is as good as/performs like google version
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by jmaine: 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
DjAndroid: If you are talking SMARTPHONE don't talk about windows phone. There is nothing smart about windows phone.

Alarming ignorance on display . . . .
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by emmanuel4758(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
window ki fence ni
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by fijiano202(m): 12:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
sorry dude u dont know abt windows phone,its a huge machine if u know how to operate it
Re: Window Phones And Android Which Of Them Have Better Performance by zanga420: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
DjAndroid:

I'm almost in dsame shoes with the OP, it then means nokia xl is d deal. For those dat's used d nnkia xl, how's in terms of performance compared to other android phones? Hope there's a phone with such specs n have keypads except techno q1 as he has earlia said.

(1) (Reply)

Show Your Data Usage Screenshot / Is Etisalat Now Offering 1 GB Of Data Bundle For N2,000 ? / kkk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.