Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow (2009 Views)

My Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone Photos / Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / Girl’s Galaxy S4 Smartphone Burns Under Her Pillow As She Sleeps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Davluck(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
Let this cautionary tale serve as a reminder to everyone: don’t buy unauthorized parts or accessories for your smartphone. We have seen stories of combusting cell phones before, but perhaps none have been quite as unsettling as a new report from this past weekend. According to a Dallas, Texas-based Fox affiliate, a 13-year-old girl was awoken last week when she smelled something burning. As it turns out, the Samsung Galaxy S4 that she slipped under her pillow as she fell asleep had caught fire in the middle of the night and had begun to burn her pillow and sheets.

“I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” 13-year-old Ariel Tolfree told KDFW. And it’s a good thing she woke up — pictures from the scene show that the phone had begun to badly burn the girl’s pillow and bed before it was extinguished.

As the girl’s father later admits, the battery in Tolfree’s phone was not an original Samsung part, but instead a third-party battery that is not authorized for use in Samsung devices. While third-party parts and accessories can often be cheaper than their OEM counterparts, the lower prices can clearly come at a cost.

The girl was not injured in the fire, though her father says that Samsung should display more visible warnings against using non-OEM parts in its phones.

See Video ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIVCsfYek5E

http://news.yahoo.com/galaxy-s4-bursts-flames-under-sleeping-13-old-134731087.html
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by pendusky(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
Holy Mary! ! ! did that just explode?
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Dclique(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
i swear, this is why i'm afraid of making calls while charging my phone.
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Hotdiamond(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
in other news.
Burnt Galaxy S4 owner gets offered a new
One M8 by HTC.

http://www.gsmarena.com/burnt_galaxy_s4_owner_gets_offered_a_new_one_m8_by_htc-news-9161.php

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Warlord3000(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
I hope some people dey hear word so..

Those buying substandard fones in the name of affordability wink

Ordinary spare accessories cause fire so o..

Not to talk of this noisy chinko fone..

Make I no mention name wink

Am out

4 Likes

Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by fr3do(m): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Samsung isn't an american brand that's why there is so much negative media concerning it.
Been using substandard accessories for more than half a decade, nothing don happen.

Its possible that people are sabotaging the chargers.
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Dopefiend(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
Samsung....just an expensive plastic
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Collinz2(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
This will never stop me 4rm using samsung
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by johnstar(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Collinz2: This will never stop me 4rm using samsung
same here bro,#teamSamsung
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by mrking3(m): 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
PROPAGANDA !!!! If I were samsung, wouldn't hesitate to replace the phone asap!!!
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy phones are well known for having explosion problems. Can't understand why so many people are still taking the risk of purchasing them.
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Davluck(m): 12:24am On Jul 29, 2014
fellis: Samsung Galaxy phones are well known for having explosion problems. Can't understand why so many people are still taking the risk of purchasing them.

Serious risk oo, they should manufacture a pocket fire extinguisher too, so as to help d ministry

1 Like

Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Lexusgs430: 12:59am On Jul 29, 2014
Why would you want to sleep with your phone under your pillow? A phone would always generate some form of heat.
Having it covered with a pillow, the weight of the sleepers head, blocking all avenues of air to any device, is always a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by shadowwalker101: 2:56am On Jul 29, 2014
I have seen this b4
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img] [img]http:///?k_id=utibeokodi[/img]
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by futajallon: 3:19am On Jul 29, 2014
so what we smoke weed
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by ignis: 7:36am On Jul 29, 2014
Am guity of using my Galaxy S5 to ping and browse while charging it.
And often times I sleep off while pinging leaving the phone on my bed..... If this is is latest trend of samsung, I had better dropped this phone for HTC.
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by fairheven: 7:41am On Jul 29, 2014
Chinco tinz grin grin
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Gerrard59(m): 8:03am On Jul 29, 2014
ignis: Am guity of using my Galaxy S5 to ping and browse while charging it.
And often times I sleep off while pinging leaving the phone on my bed..... If this is is latest trend of samsung, I had better dropped this phone for HTC.

But i thought you have always said that you don't like HTC at all? Why eat your vomit?

Hopefully you will join us in the HTC M8 club

Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by Collinz2(m): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2014
fellis: Samsung Galaxy phones are well known for having explosion problems. Can't understand why so many people are still taking the risk of purchasing them.
thats a big fat lie. I knw alot of pple using the phone and has nt complain of explosion. I think that samsung was made by mediatek to spoil samsung business.
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by amAZEing: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2014
Apple iOS people and their propaganda machinery now working to reduce the impact of Galaxy SV in the market.
Re: Galaxy S4 Bursts Into Flames Under Sleeping 13-year-old Girl’s Pillow by fairheven: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2014
fr3do: Samsung isn't an american brand that's why there is so much negative media concerning it.
Been using substandard accessories for more than half a decade, nothing don happen.

Its possible that people are sabotaging the chargers.
Na so cryafter blind-copying APPLE to gain fame?

(1) (Reply)

Join The Latest Freebies Group On Telegram. / How To Fix Airtel Bis Of 3GB Subscription Not Working On Android Device / Free 750mb For Mtn Prestige! Anniversary Reward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.