Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Questions I've Got About Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Questions I've Got About Programming (874 Views)

What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience / All Programmers Please Help Me About Programming / Is It All About Programming Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions I've Got About Programming by benatex(m): 8:12am On Jul 29, 2014
Thumbs up to all programmers on NL.Actually,i'm gonna start programming this week buh first i've got questions.These are my questions:

1. What prog. language is best to start with
2. When learning html,css,javascript,are we supposed to cram the codes,you know,the characters u write in d opening tag,the content and d closing tag,how do u guys make them stick to ur brain cos d simplest i can do is bolden,underline,embed a url,cos d tags r short(<b></b>,<u></u> etc)
3. What does 'coding' mean
4.How long does it take to learn html,css,java,javascript,python and php. These r my questions 4 now.
Re: Questions I've Got About Programming by GodMode: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2014
your eyes just dey clear abi cos learning how to code will help you till eternity...
Anyway, these answers are my own opinion and not that of every programmer/coder:

1) It depends on your niche(mobile apps, web/internet app, desktop apps) cos there is no best programming language but there are important ones.

2) Yes u are meant to cram them cos If u can memorise them good for you if u can't then there's something called google.
Programmers learn by doing and training so it doesn't seem like they cram but most tags and functions just stays in your memory as you practice(which is also a form of cramming).

3) Ask google.

4) It's until eternity... The founders of the programming languages like to update the languages and add new features so just be updated.

5) It takes at least 2 years to be an intermediate programmer.
An intermediate programmer is a coder that knows most of the syntax off hand with little or no help from google and can breakdown ideas into computer codes without having headache or wasting 2 weeks - 1 month or coming to Nairaland to ask for help.

1 Like

Re: Questions I've Got About Programming by fattbabakay(m): 9:28am On Jul 29, 2014
benatex: Thumbs up to all programmers on NL.Actually,i'm gonna start programming this week buh first i've got questions.These are my questions:

1. What prog. language is best to start with
2. When learning html,css,javascript,are we supposed to cram the codes,you know,the characters u write in d opening tag,the content and d closing tag,how do u guys make them stick to ur brain cos d simplest i can do is bolden,underline,embed a url,cos d tags r short(<b></b>,<u></u> etc)
3. What does 'coding' mean
4.How long does it take to learn html,css,java,javascript,python and php. These r my questions 4 now.
ma nigga!!!

1. Check this thread www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

2. You don't cram it,u master it...Practice makes perfection.

3. Coding simply means 'writing codes'

4. U wan learn html,css,javascript,java,python and php?? shocked u be strong man o ...Just to acquire a wide knowledge of html,css and javascript might span for 2-3months,with more dan a half-score hours of studyin per day,it depends on how serious u are tho...

1 Like

Re: Questions I've Got About Programming by benatex(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Tnx guys
Re: Questions I've Got About Programming by Sethuncahier(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
GodMode: your eyes just dey clear abi cos learning how to code will help you till eternity...
Anyway, these answers are my own opinion and not that of every programmer/coder:

1) It depends on your niche(mobile apps, web/internet app, desktop apps) cos there is no best programming language but there are important ones.

2) Yes u are meant to cram them cos If u can memorise them good for you if u can't then there's something called google.
Programmers learn by doing and training so it doesn't seem like they cram but most tags and functions just stays in your memory as you practice(which is also a form of cramming).

3) Ask google.

4) It's until eternity... The founders of the programming languages like to update the languages and add new features so just be updated.

An intermediate programmer is a coder that knows most of the syntax off hand with little or no help from google and can breakdown ideas into computer codes without having headache or wasting 2 weeks - 1 month or coming to Nairaland to ask for help.
I quite agree with you, it depends on your niche;mobile apps, themes, software,etc..OP,you can't just decide to learn every programming languages. Look for the ones that would benefit you or the ones you're interested in. For me,I'm interested in PHP and PYTHON,now I'm stucked,I've got into the confusing aspect of it. Lol
Re: Questions I've Got About Programming by Sethuncahier(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
GodMode: your eyes just dey clear abi cos learning how to code will help you till eternity...

3) Ask google.

Re: Questions I've Got About Programming by omoelu1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
fattbabakay: ma nigga!!!

1. Check this thread www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

2. You don't cram it,u master it...Practice makes perfection.

3. Coding simply means 'writing codes'

4. U wan learn html,css,javascript,java,python and php?? shocked u be strong man o ...Just to acquire a wide knowledge of html,css and javascript might span for 2-3months,with more dan a half-score hours of studyin per day,it depends on how serious u are tho...

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips To Go From A Beginner To An Intermediate Developer / Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications / Nigerian Googler Talks On The Developer Ecosystem In Africa [Video, Pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.