Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Online Business And Public Awareness - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Online Business And Public Awareness (1487 Views)

Top Five Sure Online Business To Do With Your Computer / Invest In Cyber Cafe/internet Business And Make As Much As 500k/month / Online Business And Public Awareness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Business And Public Awareness by olukab1(m): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2006
Just like an offline business,if you don't have money to back up your idea(s) in that online business,forget it.We all know the importance of money in setting up any kind of business,unlike the offline business,the online business is lacking public awareness.When do we get to a stage where one could package his/her online business and approach any financial,public and private organization(s) for funding?

It seems that majority of Nigerian Netpreneurs fund themselves from there private savings,offline business,jobs or by preselling "innocent and success starving" Nigerians who are captured by "Start Your Online Business Without A Kobo And Make $500 Daily" seminar.I mean,why should somebody like Femi Gbadamosi organises a seminar on Google Adword and Clickbank for Nigerians who initially do not know that Nigerians are bared from Clickbank and do not have people abroad to collect there affiliate checks for them?

I think the onus lies on you great Nigerian Netpreneurs(you know yourselves) to garner a better support for this business.Even those of us that are still looking for ways to make something out of it,mere going to the cafe often i your area,one is depicted as one of the "yahoo yahoo boys".

Mention must be made of the role Mr.Sunny Obazu-Ojeagbase is playing with the two lovely and highly educative Success Digest Magazine and Success Digest Extra,that shows opportunities online which are on paper and presentable.I think more needs to be done by Netpreneurs not only to bring others along but to bring in that element of legitimacy to the online business and to separate us from the "yahoo yahoo boys" as being perceived by the public eyes.
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by uzomaeze(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2006
i think you are right from one point of view but if the guy you mentioned here actually has confirmed you can make money from those sites then he should prove it which i believe he has done and let the world know how we can recieve payments from nigeria please lets not critisize any one here but be fair cheers undecided
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by oliky(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2006
Has there been anyone out there who used femi Gbadamosi's google adwords manual or attended one of his seminars who actually collected his affiliate checks here in Nigeria using cyfrocash.Would be glad to know if his information actually works.
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by olukab1(m): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2006
If there are,that should be before our naija brothers stormed the coy with there usual character.For now,i know cyfrocash.com is not rendering service(s) to naija.
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by kg(f): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2006
Can't you see that even this forum is fully into Adsense, those who are doing it know just how to do what they do and overcome the obstacles. Maybe you should ask them directly, you just might find the missen link!
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by Mindspring: 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2006
Olukab1,

Public awareness of online business is directly related to internet penetration in Nigeria. How many Nigerians have access to the internet the way they have access to mobile phones. When Nigeria gets to the point where they can now access the net via their TV cable service or via wireless broadband internet services at affordable prices then you will see a lot of businesses that will pop up to offer their goods and services online. When our Ministry of Science and Technology really gets serious and starts looking at ways to bring internet access to the common citizen's home at an affordable price, then you will see a proportional increase in the awareness of online businesses.

In the mean time, writers, newspaper reporters who write about developments in technology should expand the scope of their reporting/writing to include developments in online business both in Nigeria and abroad. A good story could be the sale of Nitel for $500 mil - a price that is much lower than what Newscorp (US-based media company) paid for Myspace.com ($580 million). Myspace is an online business developed by a two young men out of California. Facebook is another one - a young 21 year American developed that and they seem to be holding out for anyone who will offer them close to $2 billion. On a much smaller scale - they should write about the story of the young Nigerian in New York, Echeruo, whose online business is poised to do about $4million in business this year.

And I am sure there are so many others we don't even read about who are silently making a killing legitimately online. When we tell their stories, then may be some of the decision makers in government will see that if they build the necessary internet infrastructure, Nigerians will find out about the tremendous opportunity the internet holds. Let's keep telling the success stories and with time, other Nigerians will find out that you can make far more online by offering goods and services instead of scams. We still have a long way to go, but Rome was not built in a day. Keep hope alive.
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by ohmyweb: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2006
The issue of making money in Nigeria has been mistified. I am an Internet marketer and seminar facilitator.

You do not need to ask Nigerians to make money and register again for their affiliate checks or you ask them to pay for you to help them collect their check. This is fraud in its highest level.

Also, since Nigerians are not allowed to run such program, running it in any way that is not normal is already a fraud too.

Truth is that you can receive your money in Nigeria without going through anyone and pay into your bannk account here in Nigeria.

The recent e-gold scam is a tip of the iceberge of what Nigerian "self acclaimed guru" are up to. The concept is they only copy books on the net and start selling.

When you are to buy things here, demand the physical presence of the advertiser, demand you want to see him face to face and have an agreement that if he does not meet what he preaches, then you demand for refund. If you make good money on the net, you do not need to suck Nigerians to tell them the secret.

Attend my Seminar on the 21st October , 2006, and 28th Ocober, 2006 in Port Harcourt on How to make Fraud Free money on the Internet and recieve your money in Nigeria

Visit http://www.henryomenogor.com

Free Recources for you:
http://www.howtoopenausabankaccount.com
http://www.24hourparked.com
http://www.dependablebroker.com
http://www.forexbroker-allabout.com
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by akinalabi(m): 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2006
Howdie all.

This topic is really interesting and here is my own simple solution
to the whole fiasco.

Before you allow someone to show you how to make money online
the person must prove he earns it as well.

For instance if nairaland owner (Seun) says he wants to teach you
how to create forums and monetize it with adsense, then you
better listen to him. We all see that he is a doer and not a talker.

As an internet marketer myself, i sell only products that deals with
the things i've done.

Do your due dilligence and don't throw your hard earned money
away so easily.

All the best.

Akin Alabi
Re: Online Business And Public Awareness by utotomi(m): 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Macbook Air For Sale SOLD / Alternative Sound Card For Laptop / 17 Year Old Boy Sells App To Yahoo For £18m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.