Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

The Rancher And The Agent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rancher And The Agent (395 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rancher And The Agent by SonofIssachar: 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Author Unknown

A DEA Agent stopped at a ranch in Texas and talked to an old rancher. He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."

The rancher said, "Okay, but don't go into that field over there...", as he pointed out the location. The DEA Agent verbally exploded and said, "Look mister, I have the authority of the federal government with me!"

Reaching into his rear back pocket, the arrogant officer removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. "See this badge?! This badge means I can go wherever I want... On any land! No questions asked, no answers given! Do you understand old man?!"

The rancher nodded, apologized, and went about his chores.

Moments later the rancher heard loud screams, he looked up and saw the DEA agent running for his life, being chased by the ranchers big Santa Gertrudis Bull. With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it was likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The old rancher threw down his tools, ran as fast as he could to the fence, and yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Your Badge! Show Him Your Badge!"

As hilarious as this story may seem, there is a profound lesson for us there on humility and lowliness. That you are representing a higher institution or is privileged placed in office does not give anyone license to look on or talk down at others.

No matter how high you may be in any setup, humility is key.

Meditation: Before destruction the heart of a man is haughty, And before honor is humility. – Proverbs 18:12

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones. God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 4th Of August 2014 / What Are Your Thoughts? / He Is At Your Right Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.