Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Prevention For Ebola Virus - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prevention For Ebola Virus (46530 Views)

Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by knowledge4(m): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
One Newspaper said that we should avoid bats, touching bats or fruits that bats have eaten.
That the Ebola virus is from the bat,an unusual animal that has four legs and has wings too.
Bats are nocturnal, hardly seen during the day and not seen everywhere.
Many believe that the bat is a witch bird oh!
God have mercy and deliver us from this virus that kills within 6 days.

1 Like

Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Krasid(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
OP thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
tellwisdom: Who is ebola? sad
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Missmossy(f): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
So deadly a disease!
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by ceejay80s(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
teniola55: BOLA,SOLA,KOLA,OLA,TOLA,DOLA,FOLA,LOLA,....pple with dis names are smh related to EBOLA!...BEWARE OF THEM...PREVENTION THEY SAY IS BETTER THAN CURE!
ebola na yoruba name and disease, e no dey catch ìbos
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Garlic. Honey. Ginger cheesy cool = Triple portion
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by royalicon(m): 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
ebuetor: To start with, as a professornal doctor, never, never chop the kin food combine wey go finish you.
Eba + Amola = Ebola (please dont try this at home)
garri + mango = death( sumersault 3 times)
akara + beans = sucide bomb

Ebuetor + Naira land =
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by dozai: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
My ppl i don employ Bluetooth hug and shaking tey tey
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Ownfag(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Davo93: Ebola Outbreak: Causes, Transmission, Symptoms And Prevention

[img]http://3.bp..com/-3M8Q2emgxF8/U9bMMiELclI/AAAAAAAAAKI/COWYSMl7qTo/s1600/ebola.jpg[/img]

Ebola Virus Disease(EVD) formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever is a severe,often fatal illness in humans. The first outbreak of EVD was in 1976 - a twin outbreak in Nzara,Sudan and Yambuku,Democratic Republic of Congo. The largest outbreak as of 2014 is the ongoing ''2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak'' which is affecting Guinea,Sierra Leone,Liberia and Nigeria.

CAUSES

EVD is caused by 4 of 5 viruses classified in the genus Ebolavirus,family Filoviridae,order Mononegavirales ; Bundigyo virus,Ebola/Zaire virus,Sudan virus and Tai forest virus. The fifth,Reston virus,commonly found in Philippine and China can infect humans,but no illness has been reported till date.

TRANSMISSION

EVD is believed to occur after an Ebola virus is transmitted to a human index. It's transmitted through direct contact with blood,secretions,organs or other bodily fluids of infected people.

SIGNS and SYMPTONS

-Fever
-Intense weakness
-Muscle pain
-Headache
-Sore throat
-Vomitting
-Diarrhoea
-Rash,impaired kidney and liver function.
-Low white blood cell and platelet counts.
In Africa,fruit bats,particularly species of the genera ''Hypsignathus Monstrosus'',''Epomops Franqueti'' and ''Myanycteris Torquata'' are the natural hosts of EBOV. No vaccine for EVD is available,patients are frequently dehydrated and require oral rehydration with solutions containing electrolytes or intravenous fluids.

PREVENTION

-Reduce risk of animal-to-human transmission from contact with infected fruit bats or monkeys and consumption of their raw meat.
-Animals should be handled with gloves and other appropriate protective clothing.
-Animal meat should be thoroughly cooked.
-Avoiding close contact with an Ebola patient.
-Sharing of personal clothings should be avoided.
-Handshaking,hugging and other bodily contacts should be reduced to avoid cataclysmic outbreak.

Please SHARE this Post to pass the message on
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by zurine(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nice one
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Hardeytohlar(f): 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wot a deadly disease
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by trigonometry: 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=Segadem]I can go to anywhere, cos I'm covered with d blood of JESUS.[U can go naw! Mumu God protects only those who protect 'emselves. Have u 4gotten d story of d pastor that went in2 lion's den tryna b lyk daniel?]
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by duerap: 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
Bad market for bush meat.
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Sirtourch(m): 11:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
God, please help us ooooh!

Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 31, 2014
Prowizy2: Best way of preventing Ebola grin
lol
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Arlex(m): 12:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Ebola Virus Disease(EVD)formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever is a severe,often fatal illness in humans. The first outbreak of EVD was in 1976 - a twin outbreak in Nzara,Sudan and Yambuku,Democratic Republic of Congo. The largest outbreak as of 2014 is the ongoing ''2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak'' which is affecting Guinea,Sierra Leone,Liberia and Nigeria.
CAUSES
EVD is caused by 4 of 5 viruses classified in the genus Ebolavirus,family Filoviridae,order Mononegavirales ; Bundigyo virus,Ebola/Zaire virus,Sudan virus and Tai forest virus. The fifth,Reston virus,commonly found in Philippine and China can infect humans,but no illness has been reported till date.
TRANSMISSION
EVD is believed to occur after an Ebola virus is transmitted to a human index. It's transmitted through direct contact with blood,secretions,organs or other bodily fluids of infected people.
SIGNS and SYMPTONS
-Fever
-Intense weakness
-Muscle pain
-Headache
-Sore throat
-Vomitting
-Diarrhoea
-Rash,impaired kidney and liver function.
-Low white blood cell and platelet counts.
In Africa,fruit bats,particularly species of the genera ''Hypsignathus Monstrosus'',''Epomops Franqueti'' and ''Myanycteris Torquata'' are the natural hosts of EBOV. No vaccine for EVD is available,patients are frequently dehydrated and require oral rehydration with solutions containing electrolytes or intravenous fluids.
PREVENTION
-Reduce risk of animal-to-human transmission from contact with infected fruit bats or monkeys and consumption of their raw meat.
-Animals should be handled with gloves and other appropriate protective clothing.
-Animal meat should be thoroughly cooked.
-Avoiding close contact with an Ebola patient.
-Sharing of personal clothings should be avoided.
-Handshaking,hugging and other bodily contacts should be reduced to avoid cataclysmic outbreak.
Please SHARE this Post to pass the message
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by moffat(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Christina paul wrote.:
!!![color=#000099][/color] SOLUTION TO EBOLA VIRUS!!!
Spread faith.....not fear....
Several years ago, Ebola virus erupted in Africa, killing thousands without restrain or cure. The medical world was perplexed. A great man of God by the name John G Lake came to the rescue. Laying hands on infected people who were not to be touched. The slightest contact with any secretion from an infected person is all it takes for transmission. But with bare hands, cleaning secretion and curing every victim, John G Lake along with his Holy Ghost filled team, brought to an abrupt end the spread of the deadly virus. When asked by the medical world how he did it. He had this to say: I have the life of God in me, every virus that comes in contact with me dies. He asked them to get an innoculum from an infected person, observe same under a microscope to ascertain viral activities in it. They did and confirmed living and multiplying virus. He then asked them to put the innoculum on his palm and observe under the microscope. This time there were no more activities. ALL WERE DEAD upon contact with him. What a life! Every child of God has this life! He that has the Son has this life! That higher life that put out Ebola in the days of John G Lake will do the same through you in your day! At the Name of Jesus, Ebola will bow out! Stop the fear! Let this message of hope and faith go viral and the Ebola viral spread will stop! Don't disdain the ever living words of Jesus: And these signs shall follow them that believe, in my Name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing (Ebola virus included) it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hand on the sick (those already infected) and they shall recover - Mark 16:15-18.
John G Lake and team are long gone! But I am here, you are here! We can save our world!
We have the life of God in us!
Spread the faith!
Stop the fear!
Spread
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Siena247(f): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
I'm using God Almighty who created heaven and earth to beg everyone wey im name get 'ebola' inside e.g. Adebola, Okebola, Orebola, Oyebola, Ojebola, Otebola, Debola, etc not to attempt to shake or hug me till further notice. Na God I take beg o! ℓoℓ
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
i just discover the cure for EBOLA
Re: Prevention For Ebola Virus by Li2musty(m): 12:54am On Aug 01, 2014
Nobleval: God save us. Ebola please don't enter 9ja. Please we already have our fair share of killer machine -BH.
my brother it has already come ooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I've Been Diagnosed With Stage 1 Colon Cancer / Nigerian Nursing Assistant Breaks Leg Of 98-year-old Patient, Leading To Death / Please Help!! I Have A Growth On My Forehead (pics Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.