Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike (1262 Views)

Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum / JOHESU Declares 5-day Warning Strike From Jan 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by tochilastborn(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2014
Hi Nairalanders.
There is an on-going Industrial action by the JOINT HEALTH SECTOR UNION (JOHESU) .The on-going 3 days strike would have commenced on monday 28/7/2014 but was postponed to today being wednesday 30/7/2014,due to the Eid-el fitri festival of their muslim half of the country.

I reside at enugu and accidentally have a brother as a patient at Esut Teaching hospital,parklane,Enugu.With the exception of DOCTORS,every other personnel on the hospital's staff are partaking in the said strike.we are currently costing the bills for my brother's discharge because staying at the hospital ward will be of no help to his wounds.

Some persons wearing Nigeria Labour congress caps and vests,with others identified as task force have restricted access into the hospital especially from medical doctors.visibly ill persons are allowed into the vicinity but not persons on the staff list.
Dear friends and reading audience,is the above industrial action by JOHESU,MIDWIFERY ASSOCIATION,ETC taking effect in your locality of residence.and what might this corporate Health union be agitating for.

Tochi-lastborn
reporting from Parklane hospital Enugu
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Favourtony: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2014
We are simply agitating for our CONHESS. "E mee nwata ka emere ibe ya, obi ga-adi ya mma". Thank u
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by tochilastborn(m): 11:18am On Jul 30, 2014
@favorTONY...what is CONHESS
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Zeus777: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Favourtony: We are simply agitating for our CONHESS. "E mere nwata ka emere ibe ya, obi ga-adi ya mma". Thank u
no one says u have no right to agitate for whatever. But just make sure u guys don't lock hospitals" properties and take the keys home. Just go home and leave the government properties alone. The keys to the theatre, the offices, the record rooms are not ur father"s property

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Zeus777: 11:24am On Jul 30, 2014
Government and the hospital board should make it a criminal offence for anyone wishing to go on strike and then lock up government facilities and take the keys home during that his/ her strike period

1 Like

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by tochilastborn(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2014
@zeuss..I wonder o...they think they are demi-gods and as such are invincible

1 Like

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Favourtony: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2014
Who tell u say we carry key go house?? There's a place where the keys are being kept, so whosoever wants to work shd go there and get the key and do the work he or she claims to have come. Conhess is a just a salary structure. The issue is this, those who claim to have come to work dont even know where the keys are being kept. U are not comfortable the whole place is under lock and key?? Well, dis is still a warning strike, they've got to protect the things kept under their custody. All the same make all of us bear it till the 3days expires. Ndo to our patients and i pray nobody dies in the course of these 3days

1 Like

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Favourtony: 11:59am On Jul 30, 2014
@tochilastborn and zeus 777, my fellow nigerians make una no vex much, u hear? U fit vex oo, vex gud but no take am personal, una hear me so. UP JOHESU!!!
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by otagbuegede: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
I laff in Arabic. after calling Doctors idiots, egocentric for not considering the patients by going on strike here they r going on strike. locking up doctors consulting room. preventing doctors from entering the hospital nd confiscating patients case notes. who is the devil now. I wonder what our anti doctors media will hv to say about this...Diaris God ooh

4 Likes

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by seankay(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
JOHESU ke? Sounds like a name of one of the Prophets in the old testament
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by born2lead01: 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
Really? I think govt should privatized all hospitals and see if all these senseless strikes in the health sectors won't stop
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Favourtony: 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
It is well oo even inside the well

1 Like

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Favourtony: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
@tochilastborn, JOHESU is joint health sector union not sanitary union. Thank u

1 Like

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by malbruno: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
The Govt shld pls listen to JOHESU, we dont wont strike in health sector, but we need fair treatment by the Govt, up JOHESU

1 Like

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by tochilastborn(m): 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
Favourtony: @tochilastborn, JOHESU is joint health sector union not sanitary union. Thank u
thanks dear.but make una try call dat strike off.even though my brother has being discharged,there are still many more nigerians suffering
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by NWANICHODE: 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
Thought that they took NMA to court for embarking on strike, well, just passing.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by adeoladrg(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
NWANICHODE: Thought that they took NMA to court for embarking on strike, well, just passing.

Oh well, NMA isn't a trade union, JOHESU is..

Interesting..

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by malbruno: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=adeoladrg]

Oh well, NMA isn't a trade union, JOHESU is..

Interesting..Also the issue here is totally different from the NMA strike....its about implementing salary structure in health institution half way, some are being paid with outdated structure while some are being paid with the new salary structure. Odinma?
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Bollyfag: 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
The warning strike action is restricted to Enugu only. They've got a problem with the Enugu state government.
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by tochilastborn(m): 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Oh my Goodness.This strike is unlike the ones embarked upon by ASUU,NUT,ASUP and COESU.caregivers and families are evacuating their own persons from the A/E ward of Parklane hospital Enugu.Average families bringing their aged parents have to leave the hospital in disappointment.but the worst of the cases is that of an unidentified woman lying in coma.HER drip don finish o,and nobody is touching or even dreaming of attending to her.

Tochi-lastborn
reporting from parklane enugu
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by tochilastborn(m): 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
Bollyfag: They've got a problem with the Enugu state government.
tell me us about their quelms with the Coal city state government.

Update our information library
Re: 3 Days JOHESU Warning Strike by Favourtony: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
@malbruno, mba nu, odighi mma cha cha. Meere nwata ihe i mere ibe ya, d pikin go happy well well

(1) (Reply)

******** 10 Biggest Brain Damaging Habits ******** / Pls I Need Urgent Precrisption For D Treatment Of Candidaisis / Hepatitis B Virus Treatment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.