Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,946 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale (539 Views)

How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About / The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by nickxtra(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
Are mosquito nets not supposed to be given to nursing mothers or women who put to bed in government hospitals, perhaps on demand? When my wife put to bed sometime in May, we have kept asking for a net, but they have kept telling us that the nets are not available, but to our greatest surprise and shock, replica of these nets are hawked on major roads across the country. I actually wanted to get/buy one from the hawkers, but I was advised by a friend that I could end up buying a fake and contaminated net which would be injurious to my baby's health. What do I do to get a mosquito net for my baby and how do I identify a good one?
Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by yemisolar(m): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
that is called privatisation ;

on a more serious note, that is the country in which we found ourselves. if you are sure that it is the same one being sold on the street then they are original. the next best thing is to buy from a pharmacy of hospital equipment shop. in my experience, the n is still the most effective control of malaria. i think it is worth the effort. grin

1 Like

Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to nigeria...how was your journey?
Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by delishpot: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
Go to a pharmacy and buy one. But before you use it, spread it in a shaded area outside i.e balcony, under a tree etc for 24 hrs before using it. Biko its important to spread/air it before using.

1 Like

Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by ifekemmy(f): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Check health centres for it

1 Like

Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by nickxtra(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
eighTHREAD: Welcome to nigeria...how was your journey?
which journey?
Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by nickxtra(m): 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
ifekemmy: Check health centres for it
Private health centre or which?
Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by nickxtra(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
delishpot: Go to a pharmacy and buy one. But before you use it, spread it in a shaded area outside i.e balcony, under a tree etc for 24 hrs before using it. Biko its important to spread/air it before using.
Thank you very much for the advice, but my pain is still, were these nets not supposed to be distributed for free to deserving nursing mothers? This was aimed at curtaling infant mortality rate in Nigeria resulting from malaria. I think this was the reason that World Bank part funded it. May God help us
Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by delishpot: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
nickxtra: Thank you very much for the advice, but my pain is still, were these nets not supposed to be distributed for free to deserving nursing mothers? This was aimed at curtaling infant mortality rate in Nigeria resulting from malaria. I think this was the reason that World Bank part funded it. May God help us

na so we see am. but na ya pikin important pass all that now. so just forget them and buy one for the baby.

just remember to air it if its the treated one. but I would rather buy the untreated one cos people react to the chemical used in treating them. me and my kids react badly to it. we cough,sneeze etc etc. and i do not recommend the treated one for a new born or anyone. so buy one untreated and air or wash and air before using.

1 Like

Re: Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale by nickxtra(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
delishpot:

na so we see am. but na ya pikin important pass all that now. so just forget them and buy one for the baby.

just remember to air it if its the treated one. but I would rather buy the untreated one cos people react to the chemical used in treating them. me and my kids react badly to it. we cough,sneeze etc etc. and i do not recommend the treated one for a new born or anyone. so buy one untreated and air or wash and air before using.
Thanks very much

(1) (Reply)

Nma Suspends The Strike / Medical Cure For Aids / Ebola: Ivory Coast Bans Flights From Nigeria, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.